Keep the faith? You're goddamn right I will!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Keep the faith? You're goddamn right I will!

After having a minor meltdown when we got smoked on our last home stand we had a pretty good final weekend prior to AS break.  I believe this team is going to regroup and go on a run the rest of the way and fight, scratch, kick, and claw their way into the postseason.

i fear I will be banned soon so want to get this on record.

anyone with me and believe we can do this?  (And yes I do mean "we".  It's not "them"...it's "US".  And WE can do this).

KEEP THE FAITH

other names i have posted under:  none

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Re: Keep the faith? You're goddamn right I will!

I think this team is going to make it exciting.  They may or may not make the PO's but by the time late September comes we're going to be watching every game and every scoreboard.

Right now this seems to be a right mix of seasoned players who know how to win and "kids" who have no idea of the pressure involved in a MLB pennant race.  They're just here to have a good time and aren't going to be distracted by the hoop-la.

Hold on!  I see this to be a great 2 1/2 months coming up and some of the heroes are going to be players who weren't even on the team when they broke ST. 

Q - Why does the Navy sew the seaman's name on their back pocket?

A - So the Marines know who they're -----ing.

And I have never posted here under any other names.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

They came into the ASB on a high note (even if it was against Houston). I'd like to see that carry over this weekend.

At 9.5 back, it's still technically possible, but with 2 weeks to go to the deadline, something would have to happen quick. I admit I've all but lost hope for this season, but if they go on a run in the next week or two and get within 5 games or so, that could change.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

After having a minor meltdown when we got smoked on our last home stand we had a pretty good final weekend prior to AS break.  I believe this team is going to regroup and go on a run the rest of the way and fight, scratch, kick, and claw their way into the postseason.

anyone with me and believe we can do this?  (And yes I do mean "we".  It's not "them"...it's "US".  And WE can do this).

KEEP THE FAITH

[/QUOTE]

I'm in.

If Pedey and Napoli can figure out how to up their RBIs, this team can make Sept interesting.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

With this anemic offense I'd say no, but, the pitching is pretty solid and you never know. Sure, why not - go Sox!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Next 13 games will determine Sox season. Minimum 10-3. Sox would be right back in it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Count me and my pom pom waving self in.

The pitching is there.  The offense cannot continue to be as bad as it was.

Look out AL East!  Our epic run is about to begin!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

As of this morning Coolstandings gives us a 2.4% chance of making the playoffs. Its mathematically possible. However, we are so far out of it that it would be a foolish strategy to make the necessary trades it would take to initiate a futile effort at a run for the playoffs this year. The correct strategy is to admit we are toast this year and plan to become a relevant team again next year. 

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As of this morning Coolstandings gives us a 2.4% chance of making the playoffs. Its mathematically possible. However, we are so far out of it that it would be a foolish strategy to make the necessary trades it would take to initiate a futile effort at a run for the playoffs this year. The correct strategy is to admit we are toast this year and plan to become a relevant team again next year. 

[/QUOTE]

Um ..no.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

anyone with me and believe we can do this? 

sorry 4 flaming but jeter owes slash a few

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

sorry 4 flaming

[/QUOTE]

No, you're not.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

As of this morning Coolstandings gives us a 2.4% chance of making the playoffs.

personally I don' buy that stuff

U gotta do this and U got 2 do that

sometimes it's best not 2 look at the big picture

one decent winning streak changes all that stuff

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's a matter of perspective.  I don't think we have to make any great trades to get back into it.  IMO the correct strategy is to stay the course and let the kids find themselves.  We've got some talent there and they can make the difference. 

Worst case scenario is that we've seen these kids play and know their strengths and weaknesses.

Best case scenario is that we've in the thick of things in September!  And being an optimist I tend to look for the best.  

[object HTMLDivElement]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Personally, I can never extraploate into the future with the Red Sox.   Baseball is just the whackiest and most fickle of sports.  You really just never know.  This Sox incarnation is an enigma.  I expected a drop off in offensive production this year.  But not a complete disappearance.  If the kids can pick it up - JBJ looking much better of late, Vasquez' swing looks much sweeter than advertised, Xander? - this pitching staff is strong enough that the club could make some noise; of course the hole might be too deep at this juncture.  And, of course, they could just continue to flounder.  In any case, the pre-AS run was enough to make me excited for the second half.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

sorry 4 flaming

[/QUOTE]

No, you're not.

[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

We wish our beloved RED SOX,  "GODS SPEED" in the 2nd half !!    GO SOX  !!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

While I think the Sox could get back into this race, mostly because we are lucky to be in a division that is not very strong, I do not advocate making any moves that do not benefit the long term outlook of this team, or even worse, hurt the long term outlook of this team. 

I also wouldn't be in a hurry to trade players just to get whatever we can get for them.  If a trade comes along that we can't refuse, then do it.  Otherwise, as S5 said, stay the course and hope that what we have is good enough to get us there. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

3 with KC, 3 with Rays, and 7 with Toronto, till Trade deadline.
    Orioles play A's, Angels and Seattle. 10 games on the road. Those are going to be good games.
    Now the Sox have to make their move. Do or die.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

While I think the Sox could get back into this race, mostly because we are lucky to be in a division that is not very strong, I do not advocate making any moves that do not benefit the long term outlook of this team, or even worse, hurt the long term outlook of this team. 

I also wouldn't be in a hurry to trade players just to get whatever we can get for them.  If a trade comes along that we can't refuse, then do it.  Otherwise, as S5 said, stay the course and hope that what we have is good enough to get us there. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree with this part of your post: no moves that reflect a strategy of trying to get back into a race that is for all intents and purposes already lost. The danger of not buying into the strategy of planning for the future is that we may miss out on making some moves that might help us down the road by making sensible trades for guys like Gomes, Lackey, Miller etc. I am not advocating giving them away for whatever we can get. Playing it halfway is not a smart way to go. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

+1

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Fans of the Rays, White Sox and Twins feel the same way (as do fans of the Yankees, Indians and Royals, teams that statistically have better chances than the Red Sox).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]

KEEP THE FAITH

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Oh Oh Slash.

You are surely going to be grouped in with me.  Sorry about that.  A fate worse than being ... gee, I dunno. Just a terrible fate ...

You mean you expect this team, this lousy team, this long time lousy team to ... turn it around?   I have it from expert opinion that this lousy team hasn't got a chance.

It just so happens that I DO AGREE WITH YOU, IN SPADES.

Paint me an Idiot for thinking that way.

...   but then I loved those Idiots of just before the WSC also.  Silly me.  

Faithfully yours,

SinceYaz

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

sorry 4 flaming

[/QUOTE]

No, you're not.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Very funny.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fans of the Rays, White Sox and Twins feel the same way (as do fans of the Yankees, Indians and Royals, teams that statistically have better chances than the Red Sox).

[/QUOTE]

Mr. Cold Shower strikes again!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm curious, is there a statistical cut off point where we become truly delusional?

You seem to think there is.

Fill us in please....