Keep the faith? You're goddamn right I will!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Keep the faith? You're goddamn right I will!

As Miracle Max famously said, the Sox are only mostly dead. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

In response to hill55's comment:

Fans of the Rays, White Sox and Twins feel the same way (as do fans of the Yankees, Indians and Royals, teams that statistically have better chances than the Red Sox).

I'm curious, is there a statistical cut off point where we become truly delusional?

You seem to think there is.

Fill us in please....

Without hope, there is no hope (as redundant as that sounds).

As a long-time Seattle Mariner fan I've always held out hope without becoming delusional.

I feel sorry for those who abandon hope.

The subject line reminds me of a Alfred, Lord Tennyson, quote I read today: "There lives more faith in honest doubt, believe me, than in half the creeds."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Play sparkling baseball within the division and they might have a shot...

Meantime, hope the rest of the AL East gets bashed around for a while.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Faith is for believers, not realists...

As always - 100% correct!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Or another quote that I like: 'There's always hope, until there's none.'  That covers it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

While I think the Sox could get back into this race, mostly because we are lucky to be in a division that is not very strong, I do not advocate making any moves that do not benefit the long term outlook of this team, or even worse, hurt the long term outlook of this team. 

I also wouldn't be in a hurry to trade players just to get whatever we can get for them.  If a trade comes along that we can't refuse, then do it.  Otherwise, as S5 said, stay the course and hope that what we have is good enough to get us there. 

Yes, a most sensible POV, RedSoxKimmi.  As long as they don't make a drastic move(s) to hurt the long term outlook, I'm on board for a good run.  They'd have to go 45-22 to get to 88 wins which is a tall order, but the good news is that someone could win this division with a 500 record or - gasp - lower.  

It's up to the players to want to start winning and keep the distractions and the standings out of their thinking.  Just play ball.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:

Yes, a most sensible POV, RedSoxKimmi.  As long as they don't make a drastic move(s) to hurt the long term outlook, I'm on board for a good run.  They'd have to go 45-22 to get to 88 wins which is a tall order, but the good news is that someone could win this division with a 500 record or - gasp - lower.  

It's up to the players to want to start winning and keep the distractions and the standings out of their thinking.  Just play ball.

It is a tall order for the Sox to get into the playoffs, but not impossible.  The Dodgers made up 9.5 games in 21 days earlier this season, if memory serves me right.   I agree, the team cannot focus on the standings.  They just have to take it one game at a time, and do what they can to win today's game.  Worry about tomorrow's game tomorrow.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

I clearly heard the Sox say "to blaaaaame"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

ok, so i realize this thread is a month old but i have to ask.....is anyone (else) still holding out hope for a run at 2014 Postseason?

apparently i am pink hat pollyana as they come because every day i still do the math.....

sigh.

other names i have posted under:  none

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

After having a minor meltdown when we got smoked on our last home stand we had a pretty good final weekend prior to AS break.  I believe this team is going to regroup and go on a run the rest of the way and fight, scratch, kick, and claw their way into the postseason.

i fear I will be banned soon so want to get this on record.

anyone with me and believe we can do this?  (And yes I do mean "we".  It's not "them"...it's "US".  And WE can do this).

KEEP THE FAITH

Too bad the Dems and Repub can't feel that way.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

As Hfx quoted above, "There's always hope, until there's none."

Until the math eliminates us, I will continue to hope.  Do I realistically think it's going to happen?  Of course not.  But is it impossible?  No.   Therefore, I am not giving up hope.

Besides, I refuse to join AndrewMitch's club.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

let's rip off 10 in a row and see where we are at....

i have my "pink hat" turned inside out for ultimate season rally....

Sections
Shortcuts