Keith Law's (ESPN.com) 1-30 team farm system rankings

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Keith Law's (ESPN.com) 1-30 team farm system rankings

Here is a link to a blog that reviews the farm system rankings from ESPN.com.
    http://www.thefanatic.net/threads/keith-laws-1-30-team-farm-system-rankings.7647/

The actual rankings are behind a paywall.

Red Sox come in at #18, Yankees at #10.

And just to make things interesting, here is a poll:

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyLake. Show LadyLake's posts

Re: Keith Law's (ESPN.com) 1-30 team farm system rankings

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3a86a4278b-751d-4b05-8536-e9c1989c7d22

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

exactly what did theo really give away???  Just maybe the sox scouts and minor league training is suspect...   The players drafted seem to be compensated well via money and dont meet expectations.....  Maybe its just a lousy scouting dept...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

18 is not a huge surprise, and not a huge concern.  Such snapshots shouldn't be looked at in isolation i.e. what if Agon's value was factored into the Sox' ranking?

It'd be great if our team perpetually had a top-ranked (or, more accurately, a top-talented) farm system, but top prospects can be traded or promoted to the big leagues.

Does a farm system suddenly become "bad" if a few players are promoted/traded, or is that just part of the ebb and flow of development?  I'm pretty happy with a system that has in recent years produced Youkilis, Lester, Pedroia, Buchholz, Ellsbury, (effectively) Agon, 6+ years of Papelbon + compensation, Bard, (effectively) Beckett, (effectively) Lowell, etc.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: Keith Law's (ESPN.com) 1-30 team farm system rankings:
    exactly what did theo really give away???  Just maybe the sox scouts and minor league training is suspect...   The players drafted seem to be compensated well via money and dont meet expectations.....  Maybe its just a lousy scouting dept...
    Posted by fishers5

They traded Rizzo, Rizzo and Fuentes for Gonzalez.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Ouch. Thanks, Lake. This is my bad. If you want to write to BDC to have it removed as superfluous, that's ok.  Thought I did a thorough search earlier, but it slipped by me. Dang. Sorry.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamme17. Show iamme17's posts

In Response to Keith Law's (ESPN.com) 1-30 team farm system rankings:
    Here is a link to a blog that reviews the farm system rankings from ESPN.com. http://www.thefanatic.net/threads/keith-laws-1-30-team-farm-system-rankings.7647/ The actual rankings are behind a paywall. Red Sox come in at #18, Yankees at #10. And just to make things interesting, here is a poll:
    Posted by summerof67
    Bad when all 4 division rivals have better farms and 2 of those are rated as high as 2nd and 3rd and already better than .500 and only gonna get better.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyLake. Show LadyLake's posts

In Response to Re: Keith Law's (ESPN.com) 1-30 team farm system rankings : Ouch. Thanks, Lake. This is my bad. If you want to write to BDC to have it removed as superfluous, that's ok.  Thought I did a thorough search earlier, but it slipped by me. Dang. Sorry.
    Posted by summerof67

We all are grateful for your earlier thread about RS farm system being ranked #18 and the Yankees being #10. Thanks. keep up giving Red Sox fans good news.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Prospects traded recently:

Josh Reddick
    Miles Head
    Raul Alcantara
    (for Andrew Bailey & Ryan Sweeney)

Kyle Weiland with Jed Lowrie (not a prospect)
    (for Mark Melancon)

Chih-Hsien Chiang
    Tim Federowicz
    Stephen Fife
    Juan Rodriguez
    (for Erik Bedard)

Yamaico Navarro
    Kendal Volz
    (for Mike Aviles)

Casey Kelly
    Anthony Rizzo
    Reymond Fuentes
    Eric Patterson (not a prospect)
    (for Adrian Gonzalez)

Dustin Richardson
    (for Andrew Miller)

Roman Mendez
    Chris McGuiness
    (for Jarrod Saltalamacchia)

While trading away prospects tends to hurt the future, our team has gotten younger in many ways...

Gone:
    Wakefield  45
    VTek           40
    Cameron    39
    Drew           36
    Scutaro      36
    Okajima    36
    Wheeler    34
    Bedard      32
    Papelbon  31
    Lowrie       28
    (Also, no Lackey in 2012 at 33)

New guys:
    Melancon 27
    Sweeney  27
    Bailey       27>28
    C. Ross     31
    Shoppach 31>32
    Punto         34

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I've never seen so much concern about the farm before the Agon trade. I doubt anyone would want to undo that, so I don't know what all the fuss is about. Big deal. Life will go on.

Btw, I don't know how the Yankees come in at #10 when the Royals are part of their farm.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skadude22. Show Skadude22's posts

The Red Sox have picks 24, 31, and 37 in the draft this year, so that should help, and the Red Sox have had more on the field success than a lot of the teams ahead of them, which means they have to draft lower.  The one thing that I'm still hoping they do this offseason is sign a few IFA, since the rules change after this offseason.  Jorge Soler is one in particular that I'd really like to see them go after. 

Sections
Shortcuts