Kelly is fon-kay

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Kelly is fon-kay

Just one outing and the Cards offense is about as anemic as the Sox', so I am not making some sort of excited projection here, just a humble observation on Kelly's first start:  I love his funky delivery.  Deceptive.  Its got this hitch and weird release point, but, unlike a lot of other hitchy-glitchy deliveries, it is compact and efficient.  And he has nice command on an array of pitches.  If he can gain consistency, I think he could turn into a reliable back end starter.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: Kelly is fon-kay

Right now he is our ace.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmo3of4. Show dmo3of4's posts

he has a live arm and works quickly--seems to have great movement on his pitches.  I heard MLB network say several GMs said they would not trade Kelly even up for Lackey, let alone with Craig.  Kelly could be the best part of the trades

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

A RH Lester; loves the lower zone, and most of his outs were ground balls. Mookie could have taken a nap, there is CF.

No question, he is the ace right now, And, yes, that's a no-brainer; even up for Lackey would have been just fine. However, I have feeling that Craig, by next spring, will work out just fine.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

a promising start to his career in a Sox uniform that is for sure.  a few more starts like that this season and we should have optimism of him being our 4th or 5th starter for 2015.....

other names i have posted under:  none

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from therazcreation. Show therazcreation's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just one outing and the Cards offense is about as anemic as the Sox', so I am not making some sort of excited projection here, just a humble observation on Kelly's first start:  I love his funky delivery.  Deceptive.  Its got this hitch and weird release point, but, unlike a lot of other hitchy-glitchy deliveries, it is compact and efficient.  And he has nice command on an array of pitches.  If he can gain consistency, I think he could turn into a reliable back end starter.

[/QUOTE]

Joe Kelly has the stuff to win 12-15 games and ERA between 3.40-3.75

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

Liked Kelly too...hope he can be the man to send Webster to Astros...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Last year for the Cards in 2nd half of season, he was 9-2, with a 1.91 era. That don't sound like backend rotation guy. He'll beat out Buchholz for #3 at least. He beat out their Highly touted #1 pick Miller.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Last year for the Cards in 2nd half of season, he was 9-2, with a 1.91, era. That don't sound like backend rotation guy. He'll beat out Buchholz for #3 at least.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

That would be great.  i was just tempering my expression of expectation, lest my fan enthusiasm be condemned as pink-hat-apologist-fluff.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Got ya, I follow the Cards too, this was a very good move. He was big reason why they won it last year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to Javi60's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Liked Kelly too...hope he can be the man to send Webster to Astros...

[/QUOTE]

If Webster doesn't lose that deer in a headlight look....he'll only get a bucket of balls in return....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

[QUOTE]

Last year for the Cards in 2nd half of season, he was 9-2, with a 1.91 era. That don't sound like backend rotation guy. He'll beat out Buchholz for #3 at least. He beat out their Highly touted #1 pick Miller.

[/QUOTE]

so when U asked yourself Y would the cards trade him 4 lackey

and throw in craig 2 boot

what did U come up with

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to dmo3of4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

he has a live arm and works quickly--seems to have great movement on his pitches.  I heard MLB network say several GMs said they would not trade Kelly even up for Lackey, let alone with Craig.  Kelly could be the best part of the trades

[/QUOTE]

That's crazy. He's a 4 or 5. Ceiling is 3.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

what did U come up with

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

the glasses?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Getting both Craig and Kelly should work out very well for us.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

what did U come up with

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

the glasses?

[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Right now he is our ace.

[/QUOTE]

That's a good poker hand--1 ACE and four 5's.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from therazcreation. Show therazcreation's posts

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Joe Kelly is better than a #5 SP. He is more of a #3 type SP.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to therazcreation's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Joe Kelly is better than a #5 SP. He is more of a #3 type SP.

[/QUOTE]

Still a good poker hand: One 3 and four 5's.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yep   yeonis not bad either

[object HTMLDivElement]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

For Craig they wanted to get Tavares in line-up, Kelley your right....the glasses.

Sections
Shortcuts