[QUOTE]

Betts and Workman and we take the whole contract

As always - 100% correct!

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Over the past two years,

• Player A .743 OPS
    • Player B .736 OPS

So, instead of giving up a good young SP, and one of the top prospects in BB, why not just extend Gomes for $107.5M/5?

[/QUOTE]

Ha!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Kemp trade re-opens and Sox again interested

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Heres the thing that some people seem to be overlooking, we don’t have a lot of options. We need an outfielder with a middle of the line up bat. Those don’t grow on trees. With more and more teams holding onto their star players, its difficult to get someone with that skill set. And the reality is that we really need 2 middle of the order bats as next season will likely be ortiz’s last and considering how far down his batting avg has dropped this year, who knows what could have next year. I’m sure we would all love to get stanton, but the problem is that we need players now. We can’t afford to wait 1.5-2 yrs until stanton is available. So really what are our options outside of kemp? 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Why would you even want a player that had a .743 OPS over the past two seasons to play LF?

Forget about being one of the highest-paid players in baseball.

Forget about being one of the most injury-prone players in BB.

If someone was a FA, and had a .743, would you sign him to play LF?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Heres the thing that some people seem to be overlooking, we don’t have a lot of options. We need an outfielder with a middle of the line up bat. Those don’t grow on trees. With more and more teams holding onto their star players, its difficult to get someone with that skill set. And the reality is that we really need 2 middle of the order bats as next season will likely be ortiz’s last and considering how far down his batting avg has dropped this year, who knows what could have next year. I’m sure we would all love to get stanton, but the problem is that we need players now. We can’t afford to wait 1.5-2 yrs until stanton is available. So really what are our options outside of kemp? 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Why would you even want a player that had a .743 OPS over the past two seasons to play LF?

Forget about being one of the highest-paid players in baseball.

Forget about being one of the most injury-prone players in BB.

If someone was a FA, and had a .743, would you sign him to play LF?

[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that he also might be worse than Gomes defensively at this point.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

They have one who has that his name is Gomes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Steve Kemp is available?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

What I've read is that Kemp is a horrible teammate.

We just removed one malignant tumor(Pierzynski).  Why replace one tumor with another one? 

I'd rather keep what we have and end up in last place than ruin the clubhouse with Kemp.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

We just removed one malignant tumor(Pierzynski).  Why replace one tumor with another one? 

I'd rather keep what we have and end up in last place than ruin the clubhouse with Kemp.

Kemp was a helluva guy, then he dated Rihanna and fell apart...No, just kidding. Matt is 29 years old, but he could turn into CC in a Landsdowne second. He has too many problems even with the light LA media, I can't see him surviving in any slump with the Sox. It would be torture, and he would cry racism.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Anyone ever seen Kemp and Gomes in the same same room & time? 

Dodgers want any deal, trot out the prospects? The real prospects. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

When was the last time Kemp was actually a "middle of the order bat"????

2, 3 years ago???? but he's going to magically turn back into one over the next 1.5 years.  We aren't going anywhere this year so why rush to overpay for an overpaid guy who might be in serious decline????

Then we will still be without a middle of the order bat and in even worse shape.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Kemp was a helluva guy, then he dated Rihanna and fell apart...No, just kidding. Matt is 29 years old, but he could turn into CC in a Landsdowne second. He has too many problems even with the light LA media, I can't seem surviving in any slump with the Sox. It would be torture, and he would cry racism.

[/QUOTE]

I agree, dc.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Betts and Workman and we take the whole contract

As always - 100% correct!

[/QUOTE]
    Special needs section

other names i have posted under:  none

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Conversation in SOX FO:

Ben C--"Mr. Lucchino, I don't think going after Kemp is a good idea. He's injury prone and has aged quite a bit in the last couple of years."

Mr. Lucchino: "I'll tell you what, Ben. When I retire and am long gone from here, than, maybe, your opinion will matter. But right now I'll decide who and what will make this a better team. Now just cash your paychecks and feel fortunate that I let you take full credit for the Gonzalez, Crawford, and Beckett dump."

Ben C.:--"Sorry, Mr. Lucchino; I'll keep my mouth shut in the future. Can I get you a cup of coffee, sir?"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Conversation in SOX FO:

Ben C--"Mr. Lucchino, I don't think going after Kemp is a good idea. He's injury prone and has aged quite a bit in the last couple of years."

Mr. Lucchino: "I'll tell you what, Ben. When I retire and am long gone from here, than, maybe, your opinion will matter. But right now I'll decide who and what will make this a better team. Now just cash your paychecks and feel fortunate that I let you take full credit for the Gonzalez, Crawford, and Beckett dump."

Ben C.:--"Sorry, Mr. Lucchino; I'll keep my mouth shut in the future. Can I get you a cup of coffee, sir?"

John Henry: "Will someone please turn on the Soccer match? For cryin out loud"

Ben C: "Okay."

[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Conversation in SOX FO:

John Henry: "Will someone please turn on the Soccer match? For cryin out loud"

Ben C: "Okay."

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ben C.--"Golly gee, Mr Henry, it appears one of your soccer players is a biter."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Kemp was a helluva guy, then he dated Rihanna and fell apart...No, just kidding. Matt is 29 years old, but he could turn into CC in a Landsdowne second. He has too many problems even with the light LA media, I can't see him surviving in any slump with the Sox. It would be torture, and he would cry racism.

[/QUOTE]
    You do realize this is racist for you to say this, right?  Not the first time either dc.  You definitely have issues with black folk.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    You do realize this is racist for you to say this, right?  Not the first time either dc.  You definitely have issues with black folk.

[/QUOTE]

I knew it, I knew it....I guess you should ask that I get banned. Did you get pulled over for no reason? I'm sure I'm racist now for making that statement. Listen, you need to get over yourself. I said stuff about CC not handling the press. You may or may not agree, but he cried racism himself after his debacle in Boston. He was not ready to handle the Boston media pressure. Other Black players have handled it well, but most I guess don't classify as African-American (excuse me if I've offended again) as they are from other countries--Beltre, Tiant, Pedro, Ortiz. Mo Vaughn was terrific in Boston. Reggie Smith and Tommy Harper went through ridiculous scrutiny by their own owner, but the fans did love them. I know I was a big fan of both. So get over yourself.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I knew it, I knew it....I guess you should ask that I get banned. Did you get pulled over for no reason? I'm sure I'm racist now for making that statement. Listen, you need to get over yourself. I said stuff about CC not handling the press. You may or may not agree, but he cried racism himself after his debacle in Boston. He was not ready to handle the Boston media pressure. Other Black players have handled it well, but most I guess don't classify as African-American (excuse me if I've offended again) as they are from other countries--Beltre, Tiant, Pedro, Ortiz. Mo Vaughn was terrific in Boston. Reggie Smith and Tommy Harper went through ridiculous scrutiny by their own owner, but the fans did love them. I know I was a big fan of both. So get over yourself.

[/QUOTE]
    If you knew what you were going to type would be racism to a black man and yet you still went ahead with it what does that say about you?  I'm not asking for anyone to be banned.  

As for "get over yourself"....really?  Excuse my black azz for being offended by racist comment.  Apologies that I inconvenienced you massa....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Kemp is a $107M Grady Sizemore gamble waiting to happen.  I wouldn't take the risk.  

Do something absolutely nuts: go aggressive after Tulowitzki.  There's your middle of the order power for $114M left on his deal.  

Send them either Bogaerts/Middlebrooks and Workman.   Holt can play LF.  The chronic SS problem is solved and power is found.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    If you knew what you were going to type would be racism to a black man and yet you still went ahead with it what does that say about you?  I'm not asking for anyone to be banned.  

As for "get over yourself"....really?  Excuse my black azz for being offended by racist comment.  Apologies that I inconvenienced you massa....

[/QUOTE]

No, I said I knew you or someone else would say that I'm racist for making a statement that a black ballplayer might have trouble with the Sox media spotlight in Boston. CC brought it up in LA Media.
    I'm just fine with how I inter-relate with blacks, asians, anyone. You, on the other hand, are racist. A person who makes a statement like you did certainly points in that direction. You made the assumption, not I. You went from A to Z. CC did the same thing in talking about his Boston experience. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I made a remark that a ballplayer like Kemp, who has been silverspooned in LA, that he may not be a good fit in Boston if he already is having trouble with the media in LA. Boston is a Fish Bowl as some used to say.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My wife calls me her slave all the time...and, she's right...LOL.

By the way, if, and I hope, Ben Carson runs for president, he'll get my vote.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

[QUOTE]

Sorry, that makes your wife a racist, amps. But first check with slasher to see if it's okay to joke about anything. Just like I said in the DisRespect thread. You can't talk about any subject without race, gender, sexual preference getting in the way. 

[/QUOTE]

I hear you...

Also, I think Clarence Thomas, Condoleezza Rice, Herman Cain and others would agree with you.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Reggie Smith and Tommy Harper went through ridiculous scrutiny by their own owner, but the fans did love them. I know I was a big fan of both.

Tommy Harper is 100% the reason I am a Sox fan.

When I lived in Milwaukee as a child, the Seattle Pilots moved to Milwaukee.  I lived 2 blocks from the old County Stadium. I used to pay a buck as watch Tommy play from the bleachers or ride my bike to the Veteran's Hospital (where I had a paper route) up on a cliff overlooking most of the field. He had a 30-30 season back then, and for a bad team, he was pretty much all there was to root for.

My family moved to Portland Maine when I was going into the 6th grade, and shortly afterwards, Harper was traded to the Red Sox. It's the only team I switched to. I'm still a Packer and Bucks fan, but I've been a Sox fan since the trade.

Hearing about how Harper was treated years after the fact upset me, but such is life. Nobody said it was always fair, but I think Tommy handled himself well. I've never had a favorite player like him since he retired.

Sox4ever

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

By the way, if, and I hope, Ben Carson runs for president, he'll get my vote.

Perhaps your vote can replace that of your favorite, Dinesh D'Souza, who is about to lose his right to vote, his right to hold most public offices and his right to bear arms.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/20/dinesh-dsouza-pleads-guilty-campaign-finance-viola/" rel="nofollow">http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/20/dinesh-dsouza-pleads-guilty-campaign-finance-viola/

Sorry, ampoule, I could not resist.

Peace be with you, my friend.

Sections
Shortcuts