1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill2. Show aussiewill2's posts

Re: Ken Rosenthal:BoSox's woes deeper than doomed Bobby V

Valentine has won over 1000 games as a big league manager, he inherited lots of problems, he couldn't hire his own coaches, they had more players on the DL than any Red Sox team in 45 years. They blew it last year with a player's manager, Mr Nice Guy , Tito. The fact is and it hurts, they just aren't that good.

The starters have been awful, the hitters pile it on in the 14-1 wins fattening the stats, and don't hit in the 3-1 losses. BV is NOT the problem, I wish the heck people would get of the guy's back. They have lots of problems, BV isn't a psychologist , he makes his judgements based on experience, of which he has plenty. He has a few overpaid , under achieving millionaires who would just love to see him take the bullet for their shortcomings. Then what, who's next? Who's going to be the fall guy next year.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Bobby V may indeed be doomed, but the players are the problem.  He has 16 years of MLB managerial experience and must therefore be assumed to be competent.  That's all you can expect from a manager. 

Last year demonstrated beyond a doubt that a warm and fuzzy manager, one who will support his players no matter what and defend them in the press, will be destroyed by this particular group of players.  They didn't just engineer the worst September collapse in MLB history, they drank beer during games and loaded up on fat foods.  They ran amuck.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In Response to Re: Ken Rosenthal:BoSox's woes deeper than doomed Bobby V:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ken Rosenthal:BoSox's woes deeper than doomed Bobby V : You're 100% correct pumpsie-green!
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

Have you seen one constructive thing the FO has done of late, other than to trade Shoppach for a pitching prospect? Lucchino likes to talk the talk, but its really time (as in overdue) to walk the walk. Now he could be waiting until this offseason, but I do not believe that he has the guts to make the kind of decisions necessary to return this franchise to relevance. Its going to be really annoying if he makes more baby step moves this offseason and offers them up as a solution.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ken Rosenthal:BoSox's woes deeper than doomed Bobby V : This cannot be true.  Because if they are the issue then the GM and the manager need to do things about it. That is the job of the manager and the GM. To manage the roster.   They are employees.  The issue can never be 100 percent the employees.  Because they can be fired, or in this case traded, benched, or DFA'd.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]
    They are not employees, they are basically sub contractors who have contracts with the owners of the team. The owners are obligated to honor the contracts. They can withhold performance bonuses, but they will still have to pay the balance of the contract unless otherwise stipulated by both parties.  Each Player is the owner of his own business and he makes his services available for a price. They don't play for the manager or the organization, they play for their income. If the Sox were to "fire" Beckett, they'd still owe him his money.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ken Rosenthal:BoSox's woes deeper than doomed Bobby V : Have you seen one constructive thing the FO has done of late, other than to trade Shoppach for a pitching prospect? Lucchino likes to talk the talk, but its really time (as in overdue) to walk the walk. Now he could be waiting until this offseason, but I do not believe that he has the guts to make the kind of decisions necessary to return this franchise to relevance. Its going to be really annoying if he makes more baby step moves this offseason and offers them up as a solution.
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]

IF that's the case, then the fans base will know it's nothing more than lip service and their bottom line, is the money. He's annoying as hell to listen to, isn't he?

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ken Rosenthal:BoSox's woes deeper than doomed Bobby V : IF that's the case, then the fans base will know it's nothing more than lip service and their bottom line, is the money. He's annoying as hell to listen to, isn't he?
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I am going to give LL some time. It may not be realistic to expect major moves before the end of the season. But when Jan 1 rolls around, if he has taken only baby steps and offered them up to RSN as meaningful change, its going to be very disappointing. And it will be clear that he needs to be fired too. I am not sure we are not already there, frankly.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ken Rosenthal:BoSox's woes deeper than doomed Bobby V : I am going to give LL some time. It may not be realistic to expect major moves before the end of the season. But when Jan 1 rolls around, if he has taken only baby steps and offered them up to RSN as meaningful change, its going to be very disappointing. And it will be clear that he needs to be fired too. I am not sure we are not already there, frankly.
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]

I agree, pumpsie.  Won't and don't think it should happen before the end of the season. If nothing else, I hope they learned from their mistakes and recognize what needs to be done this off season, that wasn't done last. Henry may not be a baseball guy but he is a business man. He knows failure when he sees it. If progress isn't made, heads will roll.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]WEEI Prior had dominant K rates (albeit w/high BB totals) before oblique injury, but wasn't as effective upon return. -
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

Thanks for all these tweets 2004. I am not on twitter and its useful to have all this stuff in one place, easily accessible. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts