Kevin Millwood to Sox?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Kevin Millwood to Sox?

In Response to Re: Kevin Millwood to Sox?:
    In Response to Re: Kevin Millwood to Sox? : I'm not an expert on their farm system, but obviously you aren't either. The list you just posted isn't exactly what most would deem "loaded".
    Posted by --The--Babe--1

I didn't say they were "Loaded" I said they were  "loaded with Talent".  There's a difference, talent doesn't always evlove, progress and develop into major league ready players.  

And if I don't know anything about the Sox farm system,  Which I don't claim to be an expert on but I'm sure I know more than you how would YOU define pitching talent????

As far as I'm concerned there are many YOUNGER arms in the Sox system with a tremendous amount of talent (top of the rotation) talent.  The Sox also have a tremendous record of developing homegrown talent (Pedrioa, Lester, Youkilis, Bard, Ellsbury, Buccholz, Papelbon) etc.

Maybe there isn't enough pitching arms to consider their system "loaded" with "talent" but if there isn't then how many talented young arms do you need to have to reach that mark BABE??????? 5, 6, 7, 8 9???? what qualify's a pitcher to be given the label "talented young prospect" ????? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbenton87. Show bbenton87's posts

In Response to Kevin Millwood to Sox? : But when the Yankees signed him, it was a bad move right !
    Posted by YankeeBill

No note a bad move just didnt work out for them if it would have worked out it would have been a great move although looking at the numbers im not sold on the move now by the sox but i guess he cant be worse then John Smoltz.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbenton87. Show bbenton87's posts

Minor league contract. Minimum risk, decent upside. It is the only way that this makes sense. Must include an opt-out for him like the Yankees contract did. Not sure if Millwood has anything left in the tank, but let's see. 
    Posted by summerof67

I dont like the word MINIMUM risk when it comes to pitchers in the AL East where 5 bad games can cost you in the end.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

He had a decent year with Baltimore few years ago...he might help out Lackey...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

He had a decent year with Baltimore few years ago...he might help out Lackey...
    Posted by beavis

I don't think Lackey needs any help from Millwood. He has pitched bad enough as it is this season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

In Response to Re: Kevin Millwood to Sox? : I dont like the word MINIMUM risk when it comes to pitchers in the AL East where 5 bad games can cost you in the end.
    Posted by bbenton87

exactly

this low risk /  high reward jive always bothered me

it only pertains to the money

it could be  a big risk / cost  giving theses guys a reasonable chance / a few starts

to show  what they can do

Sections
Shortcuts