Kevin Youkilis said he was "a little shocked" to hear the Fenway fans booing Matsuzaka-'Foot-in-the-mouth'-Should he have been surprised?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Kevin Youkilis said he was "a little shocked" to hear the Fenway fans booing Matsuzaka-'Foot-in-the-mouth'-Shou...

In Response to Re: Kevin Youkilis said he was "a little shocked" to hear the Fenway fans booing Matsuzaka-'Foot-in-the-mouth'-Should he have been surprised?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kevin Youkilis said he was "a little shocked" to hear the Fenway fans booing Matsuzaka-'Foot-in-the-mouth'-Should he have been surprised? : WCPatsFan, I can assure you my Pop never booed or hurled racist insults at anyone, let alone Ted Williams.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Mine either Lloyd. We were brought up to respect the game and the players. I loved Jim Rice. he was just a player on the Red Sox, and a HOF'er at that. We never left before the game was over, regardless of the score. last out of the 9th inning, it was time to go.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Re: Kevin Youkilis said he was "a little shocked" to hear the Fenway fans booing Matsuzaka-'Foot-in-the-mouth'-Shou...

In Response to Re: Kevin Youkilis said he was "a little shocked" to hear the Fenway fans booing Matsuzaka-'Foot-in-the-mouth'-Should he have been surprised?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kevin Youkilis said he was "a little shocked" to hear the Fenway fans booing Matsuzaka-'Foot-in-the-mouth'-Should he have been surprised? : Mine either Lloyd. We were brought up to respect the game and the players. I loved Jim Rice. he was just a player on the Red Sox, and a HOF'er at that. We never left before the game was over, regardless of the score. last out of the 9th inning, it was time to go.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Same with me with me Jbay.  And since I am from NJ, that meant remaining at Yankee Stadium until the final, painful out!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Seems to me that booing is illogical.  Why pay and boo?  If you're unhappy, sell the tickets and go out for a steak dinner.  BB is to be enjoyed, or there is no reason to go.  I go to YS regularly.  I root for the NYY to lose, but I'm there to enjoy the game.

Maybe there is a difference between being a fan and being a fanatic.  I'd no more boo the RS for having a bad game than I'd boo my son for having a bad game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Joe, some fans who pay the money enjoy the game and being critical of team an player effort. It's the way fans participate. If you are critical of that, those fans don't care what you think. They have the right to boo whoever they want and when the want. You pretending to know where they enjoy the total experience of a fan is laughable.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]Joe, some fans who pay the money enjoy the game and being critical of team an player effort. It's the way fans participate. If you are critical of that, those fans don't care what you think. They have the right to boo whoever they want and when the want. You pretending to know where they enjoy the total experience of a fan is laughable.
    Posted by BaseballGM[/QUOTE]

So you think booing a guy BEFORE the game sets him up for success.  No one said it is illegal, just illogical if you are a fan of the team.  The best part of the fan experience is to win the game, is it not?  If that is true, you head to the park, punch the starter in the face and then expect him to perform up to your expectations?  Nonsense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Seems to me that booing is illogical.  Why pay and boo?  If you're unhappy, sell the tickets and go out for a steak dinner.  BB is to be enjoyed, or there is no reason to go.  I go to YS regularly.  I root for the NYY to lose, but I'm there to enjoy the game. Maybe there is a difference between being a fan and being a fanatic.  I'd no more boo the RS for having a bad game than I'd boo my son for having a bad game.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

Amen, Joe. Illogical, not to mention pretty ignorant.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I can't believe he was booed at the start of the game. I've, honestly, never heard of that happening. I wonder if it had to do with fans feeling like he threw the game pitching down the middle (like he'd been told) to show them what would happen. (I've heard fans say this.) Some thought, how can you be "off" and throw all the pitches down the middle of the plate?

It may have given him an extra incentive to prove them wrong. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

At the start of the season I went on record that Elles, and Dice-K needed the entire season before we can finally pass judgment on them, I rest my remarks on both until September.

Interesting on the booing - even though I get on players case's here I do not think I have ever booed one single Sox player (at a game) ever.... just the kind a fan I am - a true fan.  Don't boo the boys.

Sections
Shortcuts