Kinda confused

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

Kinda confused

Not sure what happened to this board???? Seems a lot of the ol time posters have vanished or rarely post anymore. Where have they all gone. In light of how this team is playing those folks should be glowing in happiness with this team.

Is it that the Yankee fans have finally taken over this board or that they finally got sick of the foolishness of a certian few posters that think they are baseball GM's or that they could just not stand the trolls anymore?

I have been reading for over a week now and like I said many have disapeared and many only post once or twice a week. How sad is this? When should be giving all the rah rah's we can to the home team and the great job the whole orginization has done so far this year.

It saddens me to think that maybe just maybe we have lost our desire to fight on.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

Re: Kinda confused

In response to Promise4you2's comment:

Not sure what happened to this board???? Seems a lot of the ol time posters have vanished or rarely post anymore. Where have they all gone. In light of how this team is playing those folks should be glowing in happiness with this team.

Is it that the Yankee fans have finally taken over this board or that they finally got sick of the foolishness of a certian few posters that think they are baseball GM's or that they could just not stand the trolls anymore?

I have been reading for over a week now and like I said many have disapeared and many only post once or twice a week. How sad is this? When should be giving all the rah rah's we can to the home team and the great job the whole orginization has done so far this year.

It saddens me to think that maybe just maybe we have lost our desire to fight on.

When, despite the Sox current good fortunes, one comes onto the board to read nitpicking negativity, posters calling other posters name and political discussions, it is hard to come here on a daily basis.  I may read a post or two, but it gets tough.  What appears to be a good topic for discussion turns into 50 posts of name calling, hard to get through that to get to the posts that offer an insightful opinion.  Just my reasons for staying away, anyway.  I admit I was never one to post often, but I used to enjoy reading the posts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

There was a time the game threads had hundreds of posts- now, I think I saw 30 something the other night.

We are losing some of the best.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Ask not what your chatboard can do for you, but what you can do for your chatboard.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

Ask not what your chatboard can do for you, but what you can do for your chatboard.

LOL.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to fizsh's comment:

When, despite the Sox current good fortunes, one comes onto the board to read nitpicking negativity, posters calling other posters name and political discussions, it is hard to come here on a daily basis.  I may read a post or two, but it gets tough.  What appears to be a good topic for discussion turns into 50 posts of name calling, hard to get through that to get to the posts that offer an insightful opinion.  Just my reasons for staying away, anyway.  I admit I was never one to post often, but I used to enjoy reading the posts.

Nice to see you posting again. I admit that I too often get caught up in the back and forth with some of the extremely negative posters. I'll try harder if it brings a fellow Stat-O-matic fanatic back to the board. We definitely need more voices of reason.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

There was a time the game threads had hundreds of posts- now, I think I saw 30 something the other night.

We're doing live chat, moon. mef set it up, due to so many posts being deleted

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'll try and join for some when we go west coast.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

This forum is as technically frustrating and poorly moderated as it could possibly be.  There's little wonder it's a mess.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

Moon my friend, I have even noticed you being light on your postings. I do not always agree with you, but you are at the top of the elite list and I always enjoy your thoughts! I miss SinceYaz, carnie and the Burrito man. I miss Harness even more. Be at peace, we have a wonderful team this year and they make me happy. Maybe they wont win their division, but who cares, they bring joy to the home town! Call me sentimental, Boston and the Sox will always be my home.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

In response to fizsh's comment:

Amen, I rarely post. But only to defend my Sox.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Moon my friend, I have even noticed you being light on your postings. I do not always agree with you, but you are at the top of the elite list and I always enjoy your thoughts! I miss SinceYaz, carnie and the Burrito man. I miss Harness even more. Be at peace, we have a wonderful team this year and they make me happy. Maybe they wont win their division, but who cares, they bring joy to the home town! Call me sentimental, Boston and the Sox will always be my home.

If you are interested in the game thread chat at all you should give it a try. Its pretty active there, sort of like watching the game with a bunch of friends. No sniping, no bad feelings....and no Pike. MEF can give you the link if you like, I am sure.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas's comment:

Ive learned its better to say nothing than to respond to those who make this a mess. Sometimes words of silence mean more than words said in vain!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

LOL.

Not sure why the laughing, One of the greatest statements ever made, even if taken out of context!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I miss harness as well, but also 5katz and others.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

The gamethreads are now devoid of Andrewmitch and his enablers. The gamethreads are more happy places to be lately since the Sox are doing so well. Normally the gamethreads are loaded with negativity, bashing, impatience, and character assasuination of Sox players. THAT chased away many RS fans. But wait until the Sox lose a few games and the trolls will return.

Many here miss the trolls and the entertainment that they provide. They are those who come here for entertainment only. The forum thrives on negativity and that is why it is a ghost town with the Sox doing so well. The negative, voluntary villains have no ammunition at the present time. Don't give up on their acts however, they will be back in fgorce as soon as the Sox lose two in a row. Those who thirst for conflict and a site for argument just need to be patient.

You do your very best to keep it all negative. Trolling trolls is still trolling. No baseball talk at all from Pike. Just endless drivel about what others are doing, countless attempts at guessing other's motives- often woefully wrong, I might add, and an obsession with assuming nobody can hold extreme views and really believe in them- they must be trolls or instigators playing some game at stirring up the pot.

Maybe some of it is just attempts at lighting fires and watching it burn by a few board clowns, but some of these wacky ideas are probably really held by these posters. Like it or not. I know that's hard for you to handle, but not all humans think like you... thank God.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

The gamethreads are now devoid of Andrewmitch and his enablers. The gamethreads are more happy places to be lately since the Sox are doing so well. Normally the gamethreads are loaded with negativity, bashing, impatience, and character assasuination of Sox players. THAT chased away many RS fans. But wait until the Sox lose a few games and the trolls will return.

Many here miss the trolls and the entertainment that they provide. They are those who come here for entertainment only. The forum thrives on negativity and that is why it is a ghost town with the Sox doing so well. The negative, voluntary villains have no ammunition at the present time. Don't give up on their acts however, they will be back in fgorce as soon as the Sox lose two in a row. Those who thirst for conflict and a site for argument just need to be patient.

You do your very best to keep it all negative. Trolling trolls is still trolling. No baseball talk at all from Pike. Just endless drivel about what others are doing, countless attempts at guessing other's motives- often woefully wrong, I might add, and an obsession with assuming nobody can hold extreme views and really believe in them- they must be trolls or instigators playing some game at stirring up the pot.

Maybe some of it is just attempts at lighting fires and watching it burn by a few board clowns, but some of these wacky ideas are probably really held by these posters. Like it or not. I know that's hard for you to handle, but not all humans think like you... thank God.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

LOL.

Not sure why the laughing, One of the greatest statements ever made, even if taken out of context!

Whether or not you thought it was funny or not, the point is that you can complain about the chatboard or do something about it by taking initiative.  By initiative, I mean starting interesting threads and writing thoughtful posts.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

I find Bill and Softy so objectionable I just can't be bothered much to be here anymore.  I hate to let them win, but it's simply less pleasurable than it used to be.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

Certainly the loss of Harness was a key blow, his ability to post virtually all day, and tirelessly respond to anyone that was contray to his opinion is hard to replicate. He could be a provacateur, and put  more than one poster under his spotlight. Not sure when 5Katz left the forum, or if he annonced his departure. His postings were always thought out and best reflected what the FO might do or actually did. I "accused" him of being a front office insider, which he denied, which when you think about it, is exactly what an insider would do. Perhaps he went to Chicago with Theo and Co. As for the game threads, MEF's chatroom is a more nimble application, without mods or censors, perfect for commenting on action as it develops. Contrasting it to the BDC game thread, it is the difference between high speed and dial up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to youkillus' comment:

Certainly the loss of Harness was a key blow, his ability to post virtually all day, and tirelessly respond to anyone that was contray to his opinion is hard to replicate. He could be a provacateur, and put  more than one poster under his spotlight. Not sure when 5Katz left the forum, or if he annonced his departure. His postings were always thought out and best reflected what the FO might do or actually did. I "accused" him of being a front office insider, which he denied, which when you think about it, is exactly what an insider would do. Perhaps he went to Chicago with Theo and Co. As for the game threads, MEF's chatroom is a more nimble application, without mods or censors, perfect for commenting on action as it develops. Contrasting it to the BDC game thread, it is the difference between high speed and dial up.

For the record, it was all night (maybe day to you on the East Coast).  Otherwise, I completely agree with your takes on Harness and 5katz.  Harness had the ability to get the best out of us.  His posts often presented a challege.  Reading 5katz was as good, if not better, than reading the best sport's columnists out there who are burdened with stirring up controversy to bring in eyeballs.  I miss them both.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

[QUOTE]

.......................................................................................

LOL.

.......................................................................................

with all do respect Promise4you2

loosen up a little bit

that was a great line by the Sheriff

comedy is best when there's a tad of truth to it

it wasn't a shot at Kennedy or you

just a thought for all of us to ponder

I'm thinking of a line from the patch adams movie

sheriff or anyone any guesses

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Ditto

Sections
Shortcuts