King Felix signs extension

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

King Felix signs extension

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8926518/felix-hernandez-seattle-mariners-agree-175-million-contract-according-report

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: King Felix signs extension

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/02/mariners-hernandez-agree-to-seven-year-deal.html

at least this should kill the "trade for king felix" threads from popping up.

good for the mariners and good for king felix. I bet hill is happy about this. maybe not about the price tag but this is the going rate for Aces..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Thank GOD!!! Now we dont have to deal with (hopefully) anymore King Felix trade proposals...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Dear Mariners,

If you want to dump his salary, feel free and give us a call.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

LA Dodgers

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Thank GOD!!! Now we dont have to deal with (hopefully) anymore King Felix trade proposals...

I don't know, Southpaw.  The minute the Mariners fall out of contention every year over the length of his contract, the threads will surface.  Ridiculous trade proposals for players that aren't available are a staple on this board. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:

I don't know, Southpaw.  The minute the Mariners fall out of contention every year over the length of his contract, the threads will surface.  Ridiculous trade proposals for players that aren't available are a staple on this board. 

i still want us to trade for paul goldschmidt :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:

Yeah, I cant disagree with you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/02/mariners-hernandez-agree-to-seven-year-deal.html

good for the mariners and good for king felix. I bet hill is happy about this. maybe not about the price tag but this is the going rate for Aces..

I'm generally not a fan of long-term contracts, but I am touched by the loyalty of Felix Hernandez to the Seattle Mariners.

The Mariners may well make appearances in the postseason over the next seven years and I hope Hernandez plays a major role.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Dear Mariners,

If you want to dump his salary, feel free and give us a call.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

LA Dodgers

You took the words right out of my mouth.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

This in no way kills King Felix Trade talk.  I guarantee.  It will rear its ugly ahead again before 2013 is through.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

I'm generally not a fan of long-term contracts, but I am touched by the loyalty of Felix Hernandez to the Seattle Mariners.

The Mariners may well make appearances in the postseason over the next seven years and I hope Hernandez plays a major role.

usually there are surprise teams in the playoffs every year. With the expanded playoff format this is even more true. No reason the Mariners can't go on a run and wind up in the playoffs. once that happens anythings possible.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

We need to get King Felix!  Let's trade for him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

what kind of red sox fan is happy that felix is off the market?

dumb

wait, i forgot, we have LACKEY & DEMPSTER!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

Under over on this new deal being a Mauer type deal.  I mean, how many years in a row before 232 innings becomes a negative, not a positive.  I just get a bad feeling he blows out his arm before this deal is over.  Understand why mariners did this, but always a risky move.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

I am thinking Johann Santana.  And yes, some here will want the Sox to trade for him in that 4th or 5th year, when Seattle has had enough of him and his 25 million a year.  Let's hope the Mets outbid us again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

dumb

Felix Hernandez has never been "on the market" since signing with the Mariners as a 16-year-old in 2002.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

dumb

I guess the kind that are smart enough to know that, if he became a FA, he'd be pitching for the NYY.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

No teams are letting their ace reach free agency anymore.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

The loyalty of being the highest paid pitcher ever.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

The loyalty of being the highest paid pitcher ever.

That is unlikely to last for long with Justin Verlander and Clayton Kershaw as extension candidates.

Only 16 days after Felix Hernandez signed a five-year, $78 million extension on January 19, 2010, Justin Verlander signed a five-year, $80 million extension with the Tigers. Verlander has does nothing to hurt his relative value since then.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

+1 iTS Put To Rest.....................

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

What?

He's a salary dump candidate now...

;)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

dumb

what hill said, he has never been on the market....

if he was a FA then he would be making so much money that i wouldn't want the sox to be in on him anyway.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

dumb

Do you even read the posts?

Nobody is "happy" hes off the market. I, and im sure most sox fans, would LOVE to have him on the Sox. just happy some of the over the top unrealistic trade proposals will slow down. Hopefully...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

What?

He's a salary dump candidate now...

;)

Haha...Unfortunately although the M's play like a low budget team, they are far from it and can afford Felix without putting a strain on payroll...

Sections
Shortcuts