KOJI IS THE MAN

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

KOJI IS THE MAN

WOW!  Is Koji for real?  Koji looks like a lights out closer.  Just hope Farrell can see this as well.  GO KOJI AND SOX!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Re: KOJI IS THE MAN

In response to lucbom's comment:

WOW!  Is Koji for real?  Koji looks like a lights out closer.  Just hope Farrell can see this as well.  GO KOJI AND SOX!

He uses him to close on three consecutive days and you wonder if Farrell can see this?  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

the only thing i am worried about is overuse. Still have half a season and playoffs (hopefully) to go. I hope he can last. Farrell needs to handle him the opposite of the Nats/Sberg situation. Limit his usage as much as you can now so when the games REALLY matter he is available to shut it down. I think it's safe to say he's taking the rest of this series off. He's definitely earned it.

Uehara is a specimen. The epitome of a "pitcher" as opposed to a thrower. he's not overpowering anybody but can throw all of his pitches to any location AND POUNDS THE STRIKE ZONE. If i was a coach i would show my pitchers tape of him.

MASTER OF PUPPETS I'M PULLING YOUR STRINGS!!
    TWISTING YOUR MIND AND SMASHING YOUR DREAMS!!
    BLINDED BY ME YOU CAN'T SEE A THING!!
    JUST CALL MY NAME 'CUZ I'LL HEAR YOU SCREAM!!
    MASTER!! MASTER!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

the only thing i am worried about is overuse. Still have half a season and playoffs (hopefully) to go. I hope he can last. Farrell needs to handle him the opposite of the Nats/Sberg situation. Limit his usage as much as you can now so when the games REALLY matter he is available to shut it down. I think it's safe to say he's taking the rest of this series off. He's definitely earned it.

Uehara is a specimen. The epitome of a "pitcher" as opposed to a thrower. he's not overpowering anybody but can throw all of his pitches to any location AND POUNDS THE STRIKE ZONE. If i was a coach i would show my pitchers tape of him.

MASTER OF PUPPETS I'M PULLING YOUR STRINGS!!
    TWISTING YOUR MIND AND SMASHING YOUR DREAMS!!
    BLINDED BY ME YOU CAN'T SEE A THING!!
    JUST CALL MY NAME 'CUZ I'LL HEAR YOU SCREAM!!
    MASTER!! MASTER!!

That always has to be a concern with your closer, but what's truly outstanding is that in these three consecutive saves his pitch count was 44 -- combined!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Lucbom has a point.  3 saves in 3 days is definitely under the radar.  

Bailey's fast ball is at least 5 mph faster, but Uehara has much better control plus a nasty splitter and the confidence of a burglar.  

Sections
Shortcuts