Kotchman??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Kotchman??

In his stint with the Sox, Casey hit .217 - I don't remember if he had any injury problems or not.  But then his time with the M's he hit .218 .... or vice versa.

He had always been a decent hitter outside of those two miserable times for him.

But now he's hitting .340+ ... wow.  What a difference.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pelosireturns. Show pelosireturns's posts

Re: Kotchman??

Lasik surgery- now sees the ball better

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Ahhh

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joshm5691. Show joshm5691's posts

I heard that he also got a vasectomy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

and a stem cell injection...just kidding. 

I liked Kotchman when he was on the Sox, and preached (much to my chagrin) that his defensive skills and OBP would make him a better option at 1B than signing Beltre and keeping Youk at 1B.  Beltre was much better than I expected and Kotchman did nothing, despite his good minor league stats.

While I hope he has finally found the right situation and will play up to his once considerable promise, I won't put much stock in his current BAve until he has done it into August.  Let's talk again then.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

In Response to Kotchman??:
    [QUOTE]In his stint with the Sox, Casey hit .217 - I don't remember if he had any injury problems or not.  But then his time with the M's he hit .218 .... or vice versa.   He had always been a decent hitter outside of those two miserable times for him.   But now he's hitting .340+ ... wow.  What a difference.
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Yaz, old friend, he is the 1B for one of the teams in one of my fantasy leagues and he is doing okay!  I like it!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

It's just hard to survive without getting power from your first basemen.  He may end up turning into a solid player like the one he was projected to be when he was with the Angels, but power is key to have at that position.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: Kotchman??:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Kotchman?? : Yaz, old friend, he is the 1B for one of the teams in one of my fantasy leagues and he is doing okay!  I like it!
    Posted by summerof67[/QUOTE]

Summer, 

I'm glad for him, cuz he's always been a class guy.  It just amazes me sometimes how these decent guys bomb with us.

I'm glad for you too   :oD

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

SPC - true, there is no pop in his bat, but he comes up with the hits.  But you are rigiht. In general, you want a 1B who lights up a scoreboard.

Yaz, yeah - how does that work?  The Brandon Lyons and the Bronson Arroyos tend to wander away...bummer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Kotchman?? : Yaz, old friend, he is the 1B for one of the teams in one of my fantasy leagues and he is doing okay!  I like it!
    Posted by summerof67[/QUOTE]

Are you in a 30 team league or something? Or 40 team? Or one of those weird leagues where you are only allowed white guys with non-traditional names?  Or is it a "former Angels top prospect turned bust" league? 

Seriously, .340 or not, it is not hard to top the production of Casey Kotchman at 1b....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Kotchman will free fall and lacks power to be a starter AL 1st bagger. He's why the Rays are so weak, offensively, even with his high BA and OBP. AL ball is about slugging, not small ball. Rangers took care of the Rays, and Upton hasn't been the same player after his earlier flash to give the Rays Longoria and Upton for some pop.

Rays are going to be constantly trying to hang on but will have no realistic chance over the last month of the season. They are currently 3rd in the WC hunt, with the teams they trail as superior teams.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]Lasik surgery- now sees the ball better
    Posted by pelosireturns[/QUOTE]

I noticed no glasses..worked wonders for macann in Atlanta..good for him..

Sections
Shortcuts