KU: His to lose.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

KU: His to lose.

It's true that he was an unlikely candidate for closer, and he'd definitely old for a pitcher.

Given his contribution to the team, I just don't see how you take the ball out of his hands. I think he has to drop it first.

His performance this year deserves a little loyalty.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: KU: His to lose.

In response to lasitter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's true that he was an unlikely candidate for closer, and he'd definitely old for a pitcher.

Given his contribution to the team, I just don't see how you take the ball out of his hands. I think he has to drop it first.

[/QUOTE]

I know I am the minority here but I don't go back to back w/ him as closer. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to LagunaJose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am sure that Ben doesn't have to decide tomorrow.

[/QUOTE]

nope, but he needs to figure out if he's doing QO's to Bailey and/or Hanrahan.

I let Bailey go and lose sleep knowing I sent Reddick and not Kalish to the A's.  Hanrahan I might QO if he'l be ready for March.....I am not sure though........I'd have to look at the trade market for a RH power reliever.......

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Andrewmitch,

I have to disagree with your thoughts of even thinking of giving Hanrahan a QO.

First, there is no way to determine if he is going to be ready by spring or even summer, but even if he were healthy by May there is no way that he is worth $14 M even if he saves 25-30 games.

Second, he sprints to Fenway Park to sign the offer in person as soon as the offer hits his hands.  Then the Sox are stuck with him for all of next year whether he is healthy or not.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I let Bailey go and lose sleep knowing I sent Reddick and not Kalish to the A's.  Hanrahan I might QO if he'l be ready for March.....I am not sure though........I'd have to look at the trade market for a RH power reliever.......

[/QUOTE]

1.  Bailey is eligible for arbitration, not free agency.  His chances of being offered arbitration this offseason are very slim.

2.  Hanrahan, shut down early for TJ, has about as much chance of getting offered $14mill for next season as you or I have.

3.  Who cares about Reddick?  We have a really good outfield.  Kalish, like Bailey, is a non-tender candidate, but that happens to lots of players.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, Im inclined to agree. However, I would add this proviso: keep him as closer but have someone else who you have great confidence in ready to back him up. He will be 39 next season. He may break down, he may be good. Preparation for either.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bailey is arbritation eligible. You think the plan is to tender him since they keep him around.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeh, he really deserves a demotion after giving up one run and not allowing any walks in 13.2 innings in the post season.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bailey is 3rd year arb eligible. he needs to non tender him and resign him at a lower cost if they want him back. Koji should start as the closer, but they will have someone else like they did this year...sort of.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Koji-san is the closer for 2014.

i think he's earned it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Absolutely. He was a good as Rivera ever was. Has anybody seen a comparison btween Koji's 2nd half of this year and Rivera at his best? It would be interesting to see who was better, because Koji was basically untouchable this year. Certainly better than anything we ever saw from Paps. Boy was it painful watching JP (and DiceK). Not only does Koji not give up runs, he rarely gives up hits and hardly throws any balls!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

isn't he already signed for 2014? I thought he signed a 2-yr deal after 2012.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to 49thparallel's comment:
    [QUOTE]

isn't he already signed for 2014? I thought he signed a 2-yr deal after 2012.

[/QUOTE]

hes coming back.  Hopefully we keep him a couple more.  Great find.  

Sections
Shortcuts