Kudos to Derek Jeter:He will become the first in pinstripes to 3,000 hits

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

Re: Kudos to Derek Jeter:He will become the first in pinstripes to 3,000 hits

In Response to Re: Kudos to Derek Jeter:He will become the first in pinstripes to 3,000 hits:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kudos to Derek Jeter:He will become the first in pinstripes to 3,000 hits : Good point, you're talking about his totals with NYY. But his home run total with NYY, according to baseball-reference.com, was 659.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]
    =====================================================
      You are correct. My OP said 659 but I goofed in my response. My apologies.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Kudos to Derek Jeter:He will become the first in pinstripes to 3,000 hits:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kudos to Derek Jeter:He will become the first in pinstripes to 3,000 hits : =====================================================   You are correct. My OP said 659 but I goofed in my response. My apologies.
    Posted by djbosox2004[/QUOTE]
    No need to.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

It's hard to believe that the Yanks have never had a guy with 3,000 hits before. A tip of my Red Sox cap to Derek Jeter, Mr. Yankee and a class individual.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Jeter will go to the HOF having never, ever been a good defensive SS with all 5 meaningless gold gloves. So says Moonslow.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

So Jeter is compared to some of the best players ever, and is just very good..I love the sox, but have no problem saying that 3000 hits, no matter how long, is quite the feat IMO..hats Off to Jeter..with that said, get the heck out of here and go post on a yankee boardTongue out

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kudos to Derek Jeter:He will become the first in pinstripes to 3,000 hits :   Any accomplishment of such magnitude you post on a Yankee board would be acknowledged. Anyone not doing so is not a fan. I cheered Yaz his last weekend (both days at Fenway) , applauded your 2 world series wins, cheered Yaz' 3000th hit 9/12/79, his 400th home run, all the milestones the game of baseball presents me a a fan. And I'm not a Sox fan, I am a baseball fan. I guess I'm different than most of you.
    Posted by prknsdnld[/QUOTE]Prknsdnld, like you didn't see this coming..and FTR the OP is NOT Frankie...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Kudos indeed. And he will be voted into the HOF on his first ballot.

As will Mo Rivera.

And those Joe Torre NYY teams will go down in history as some of the best ever, especially the 1998 team.

And he will enjoy life in his Tampa homestead, which is the size of Rhode Island and is called St. Jetersburg with some justification.

But I digress.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

ST JETERSBURG, FL.

thats 3 lots folks..Those houses next to his are million dollar homes..But I guess when you have 25,000 sq ft, most 7000 sq ft houses look rather small..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

to my buddy jetes who I totally respect because first and foremost he is a true blue baseball fan, but also because he is a yankee fan posting on a red sox board with class and dignity which I greatly admire. I congratulate you jetes on your name sake for what he is about to accomplish.

good for him..........now that said, do me a favor and lose tonight to cleveland!Tongue outSmileWink

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

sorry Hammah, no can do bud..after the whuppin you guys just laid on the Jays'..the last thing we need is to give you guys a running start..Wink

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

Congrats to Jeter.  A class player, a major accomplishment.  He certainly won't lack for attention on this one, performing in the big apple.   I don't remember this type of buildup for Yaz.   I have vague memories of Yaz collecting his 3000th(of 3419) at Fenway in a 9-2 win over the Yankees before a slightly less than full house.  Yankee starter Catfish Hunter received a standing ovation from the classy Fenway fans, as he was making his final career appearance at Fenway.  Yaz' hit was a single off Beattie.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

I

n Response to Re: Kudos to Derek Jeter:He will become the first in pinstripes to 3,000 hits:
    [QUOTE]I'm glad to see Jeter finally getting some recognition.  It's like seeing Sabathia finally eating some food.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

YES  has put Bucky Dent's homer on the back burner.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Congrats to Jeter.  Has always been a great player in my opinion, and a gentleman of the game.

Of course I do hope he's won his last ring.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

thats 3 lots folks..Those houses next to his are million dollar homes..But I guess when you have 25,000 sq ft, most 7000 sq ft houses look rather small..

And the way to handle that is to hep all those voters who are "hurting" and out of work and out of any hope except for Obama's "skin in the game" hope and change. Jeter should bring the homeless into those runs, and pay 50% of his income to help make hope and change a reality.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I don't mind congratulating Derek Jeter for getting 3000 hits.  He's been a great competitor over the years and classy player.  Last time I checked, he was never allowed to vote for himself to get a Gold Glove, so it's hard to hold that against him. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

I hold all 5 gold gloves against Jeter, as they were all 5 mistakes voted on by managers and coaches from teams that haven't seen him play as much as Moonslow.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 26RINGSANDCOUTING. Show 26RINGSANDCOUTING's posts

GO DEREK GO

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Great.  Go post this on a Yankee board to people that might actually care. 
    Posted by crix[/QUOTE]

If you are a BBall fan Jeter has to be respected.  The guy is a class act and one my favorite players of all time even as a Sox fan.  He minds his business, is very well liked in the community and just does his best to help his team win.  He may be aging and no longer as productive but Congrats Jeter you are the true meaning of a role model for kids to follow.

Guys like Mark Loretta, Michael Young, Jeter, Pedroia and many others have made this game worth watching for me and my kids over the years.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

Jeter is a class act and I will be happy for him when he gets number 3,000; other than that, "go Red Sox"!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Well, now, hold on there pardner.  Jeter limped off the field tonight.  We may have to wait until July for him to get to 3000.  Hard to believe with all the Yankee greats he will be the first.  But I have always respected him, and feared him at the plate late in games with the game on the line.  He has always played the game the right way and been a class act.  When he and Mo are both gone, it will be the end of that dynasty.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

LOL..careful Summer, Stone Cold Steve Austin might get ya for infringement..Wink

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

[QUOTE]LOL..careful Summer, Stone Cold Steve Austin might get ya for infringement..
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Thanks, jete. But history has taught me to be more afraid of the Yankees than a pro rassler.

And with good reason. (See "Dent, Bucky, 1978")

Cool

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kudos to Derek Jeter:He will become the first in pinstripes to 3,000 hits : If you are a BBall fan Jeter has to be respected.  The guy is a class act and one my favorite players of all time even as a Sox fan.  He minds his business, is very well liked in the community and just does his best to help his team win.  He may be aging and no longer as productive but Congrats Jeter you are the true meaning of a role model for kids to follow. Guys like Mark Loretta, Michael Young, Jeter, Pedroia and many others have made this game worth watching for me and my kids over the years.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more.  Would you consider adding the name Lowell to your list, craze?