Kurodo signs with Yankees

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Kurodo signs with Yankees

Cherrington better get motivated if the Yankees pick up Pineda and Kuroda instead of picking up the retread garbage he has been signing. We are not paupers or bottom feeders but we are behaving like it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Re: Kurodo signs with Yankees

In Response to Kurodo signs with Yankees:
    [QUOTE]Cherrington better get motivated if the Yankees pick up Pineda and Kuroda instaed of picking up the retread garbage he has been signing. We are not paupers or bottom feeders but we are behaving like it.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

What is worse in my mind is that our Yankee regulars will go AWOL and be celebrating on the Yankee forums. I will miss them. This forum is dying and depends upon them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Was looking at the Pineda deal, and the 1st thing I see is Kuroda signing with the Yanks.   I guess quiet time is over, and the threshold is no longer a consideration.

I just hope the Sox don't have a knee-jerk reaction and make a bad decision just because.

Will Oswalt be signed ASAP to match the Yanks?  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Unless Ben Cherrington pulls of a Garza and Oswalt the Yankees just outsmarted him. Welcome to the Majors, Ben !!! Enough with signing garbage already, spend some money that you make on the stadium and concessions.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

not nervous. both of those pitchers have potential to fall flat on their face

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: Kurodo signs with Yankees:
    [QUOTE]Was looking at the Pineda deal, and the 1st thing I see is Kuroda signing with the Yanks.   I guess quiet time is over, and the threshold is no longer a consideration. I just hope the Sox don't have a knee-jerk reaction and make a bad decision just because. Will Oswalt be signed ASAP to match the Yanks?  
    Posted by rickerd2[/QUOTE]

The Kuroda deal has nothing to do with the Yankees spending plans.  They're trying to be under the cap by 2014 and Kuroda is only a 1 year deal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

The Yankees will always spend we are the only ones who fell for that thresh-hold BS which is what they are selling us on Yawkey Way. Spend some money make a trade for Garza and sign Oswalt and stop picking up other team throwaways and garbage already. This year is reminding me of 2009 and all the garbage we signed that year after losing out on Teixeira.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

I will be meeting  AL34 and AlibiIke in the cemetery tonight at midnight for a candlelight vigil. Does ayone want to join us?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Just tired of what this team has done this year with the money they are making, who cares if you go over the threshold, you can make that up with one day of playoff money.

[QUOTE]I will be meeting  AL34 and AlibiIke in the cemetery tonight at midnight for a candlelight vigil. Does ayone want to join us?
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from northtroyboy. Show northtroyboy's posts

All of the sudden the Yanks rotation looks pretty good. I think this forces the Sox into picking up a quality arm. I wouldn't call it a knee jerk reaction I'd call it a smart decision if we intend to be competetive. Relying on converting relievers into starters to match these moves would likely be the bad decision.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

I'm not really that psyche about Kuroda, to be honest I hope hes a good #4. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Unless Cherrington is a Mississippi Gambler in Poker, that is the game plan to convert relievers into starters and hope some of the garbage they picked up floats to the top reminds me of 2009 and Saito, Baldelli, Penny, Smoltz all knee jerk reactionary garbage they signed that year.

[QUOTE]All of the sudden the Yanks rotation looks pretty good. I think this forces the Sox into picking up a quality arm. I wouldn't call it a knee jerk reaction I'd call it a smart decision if we intend to be competetive. Relying on converting relievers into starters to match these moves would likely be the bad decision.
    Posted by northtroyboy[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

The talk about Cashman and Stenbrenner being concerned about the luxury tax over the next few years turned out to be a PR Crock. Another great acting job by the EE.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Unless something big comes up from Cherrington, it looks like Cashman faked him out of his jock and welcomed him to the Major Leagues, Typical !!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]The talk about Cashman and Stenbrenner being concerned about the luxury tax over the next few years turned out to be a PR Crock. Another great acting job by the EE.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

Really because payroll is now what amount?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NegativeTrollsAbound. Show NegativeTrollsAbound's posts

Well they're over the threshold thus year. Next year, dependent on what they replace Swisher and other increases (Arod, etc) they will surpass it again. It's 2014 they are supposedly gunning for when new deals for brandy, cano can be Addressed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

The Yankees always get the better of this team and I am getting tired of it. Cherrington and Henry could not have been that naive and stupid to believe that the Yankees were going to do nothing but maybe they were. Just tired of getting  outdone by this team, Teixeira, Damon, Contreras.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The addition of Pineda and Kuroda by New York is not good news for us. Nothing we can do about it , though. Not fair to blame Cherington , as he obviously has been told of the spending limitations for this year. No team has ever been able to match the Yankees in spending. No sense crying about it. That is where the whole Evil Empire thing comes from.  If everthing goes right for the Sox, we can still be in contention in the division , or at least, the wild card.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Every year they go over it, they make up the money they overspend after a couple of home playoff games, please enough with the money and threshhold BS already.

[QUOTE]Well they're over the threshold thus year. Next year, dependent on what they replace Swisher and other increases (Arod, etc) they will surpass it again. It's 2014 they are supposedly gunning for when new deals for brandy, cano can be Addressed.
    Posted by NegativeTrollsAbound[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]The Yankees always get the better of this team and I am getting tired of it. Cherrington and Henry could not have been that naive and stupid to believe that the Yankees were going to do nothing but maybe they were. Just tired of getting  outdone by this team, Teixeira, Damon, Contreras.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Dude you're going overboard, the Pineda move was a good move because he's gonna be a stud but they gave up a stud to get one.  As for Kuroda, I'm not that pumped he's gonna be 37 years old in February and had an ERA just over 3.00 in the NL West last year, that translates to 4.00 in the AL East.  I hope he is a good # 4. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

So now Seattle has one pitcher King Felix, that deal made a lot of sense to me and a gibloni twith 61 MLB at bats that the Yankees are saying is the next Mickey Mantle.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

They stole Pineda for Monterro who they built up the publicity on for abot 5 weeks of Major League Experience like they did on that clown the Tigers traded Granderson for, another bust.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kurodo signs with Yankees : Dude you're going overboard, the Pineda move was a good move because he's gonna be a stud but they gave up a stud to get one.  As for Kuroda, I'm not that pumped he's gonna be 37 years old in February and had an ERA just over 3.00 in the NL West last year, that translates to 4.00 in the AL East.  I hope he is a good # 4. 
    Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]They stole Pineda for Monterro who they built up the publicity on for abot 5 weeks of Major League Experience like they did on that clown the Tigers traded Granderson for, another bust. In Response to Re: Kurodo signs with Yankees :
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Ok you'll see otherwise when Montero rakes next year.  I'm sorry to see him go but we needed pitching and Pineda is gonna be a stud so I'm happy.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Doubt it. All the Yankees do is build up the publicity on their rookies then dump them. I think Monterro is going to be a bust like Bam Bam Muelins, Sam Miletello, Balaboni, Mirabella.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kurodo signs with Yankees : Ok you'll see otherwise when Montero rakes next year.  I'm sorry to see him go but we needed pitching and Pineda is gonna be a stud so I'm happy.
    Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]Doubt it. All the Yankees do is build up the publicity on their rookies then dump them. I think Monterro is going to be a bust like Bam Bam Muelins, Sam Miletello, Balaboni, Mirabella. In Response to Re: Kurodo signs with Yankees :
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Not gonna happen, that kid is gonna be a beast at that plate.  Unfortunately for him he's playing for the Mariners.