Kurodo signs with Yankees

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Re: Kurodo signs with Yankees

In Response to Re: Kurodo signs with Yankees:
    [QUOTE]Robinson Cano was a Houston Astro who was picked up from them in 2007. He is not a Yankee prospect. Hughes has never lived up to the hype nor has Joba who is being touted as a head case. Ian Kennedy was a bust till last year as well. Robertson is good. In Response to Re: Kurodo signs with Yankees :
    Posted by AL34[/QUOT

Yeah Kennedy was a bust alright.

He was drafted in 2006 and went right through the Yankees A, AA, AAA his first season in the pros.

He missed a season his last with the Yankees for surgery of an aneurism in his pitching arm.

That's why the Yankees got Curtis Granderson for him. Because Arizona thought he would be a flop.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

He is a Houston Astro minor league player that they picked up.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kurodo signs with Yankees : Cano was picked up from the Astros in 2007? Then how has he played on the Yankees since 2005?
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In 2007 Kennedy and Hughes were depended on and did not produce one win.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kurodo signs with Yankees : [QUOTE]Robinson Cano was a Houston Astro who was picked up from them in 2007. He is not a Yankee prospect. Hughes has never lived up to the hype nor has Joba who is being touted as a head case. Ian Kennedy was a bust till last year as well. Robertson is good. In Response to Re: Kurodo signs with Yankees : Posted by AL34[/QUOT Yeah Kennedy was a bust alright. He was drafted in 2006 and went right through the Yankees A, AA, AAA his first season in the pros. He missed a season his last with the Yankees for surgery of an aneurism in his pitching arm. That's why the Yankees got Curtis Granderson for him. Because Arizona thought he would be a flop.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

The Yankees stole Pineda from Seattle. Kuroda is not proven but a descent 5th starter.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kurodo signs with Yankees : Dude you're going overboard, the Pineda move was a good move because he's gonna be a stud but they gave up a stud to get one.  As for Kuroda, I'm not that pumped he's gonna be 37 years old in February and had an ERA just over 3.00 in the NL West last year, that translates to 4.00 in the AL East.  I hope he is a good # 4. 
    Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]He is a Houston Astro minor league player that they picked up. In Response to Re: Kurodo signs with Yankees :
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Career Stats

Batting
     YearTeamGABRH2B3BHRRBIBBKSBCSAVGOBPSLGOPS 
     2005NYY132522781553441462166813.297.320.458.778 
     2006NYY122482621654111578185452.342.365.525.890 
     2007NYY160617931894171997398545.306.353.488.841 
     2008NYY159597701623531472266524.271.305.410.715 
     2009NYY1616371032044822585306357.320.352.520.871 
     2010NYY16062610320041329109577732.319.381.534.914 
     2011NYY15962310418846728118389682.302.349.533.882 
     Career 105341046131263286271446212245082825.308.347.496.843

Apparently you are nuts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In 2007 Kennedy and Hughes were depended on and did not produce one win. In Response to Re: Kurodo signs with Yankees :
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

That's not true, where do you get your information from?

You continue to make statements that are flat out false.

2007 was Kennedy's rookie season he was only 22 years old and he had 1 win pitching 19 innings for the Yankees.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.cgi?id=kenneia01&year=2007&t=p

In 2007 Hughes had  cracked ribs was shut down after winning 5 games and finally came back in the 2007 post season in long relief against Cleveland, pitched a great game that the Yankees won.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/h/hugheph01.shtml

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Come on AL34 - you are all over the place on this one. 2007, both pitchers just got a taste of the majors in September. It was 2008 where they fell a bit. Hughes was a major factor in the 2009 championship year for NY. Hughes had an excellent 2010 and ran out of steam and then was injured in 2011. Kennedy and Jackson were highly touted. Kennedy ran aground in 2008 as NY put all their eggs in one basket with the kids. They traded Kennedy and Jackson to get Grandy whom most here at the time were hysterical laughing about saying how the Yanks got ripped off.

Jackson became the starting CF for Detroit, great speed, excellent defense and they got Phil Coke, solid LHer. Kennedy was a CY candidate for S.D. in his 2nd full season with them.  In this trade, Detroit also got Max Scherzer rom S.D.

A win-win for all three teams.

As to this off season, Kuroda is a one year stop gap, giving Betances another full year in the minors. And the Sea. trade fills needs for both teams. How that works out, we really won't know for several years.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]He is a Houston Astro minor league player that they picked up. In Response to Re: Kurodo signs with Yankees :
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Wrong...According to wikipedia it was Cano's father who played in the Houston organization, not Robinson Cano.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

I will admit that Hughes is on the bubble this season.

And that he has not quite lived up to expectations.

He did pitch well out of the pen 2009 when they won the WS, and won 18 the next season in the rotation.

He came into camp last season overweight and out of shape and his velocity was down.

Prior to that he has had a host of health issues.

But that being said he's still a young pitcher, he has spent the winter at the fat farm working out.

I'm guessing that the rotation of CC, Pineda, Kiroda and Nova leave AJ, Hughes and Garcia battling it out in camp for the 5th starter.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Stand corrected it was 2008. I was wrong on Cano thinking of someone else.

[QUOTE]Come on AL34 - you are all over the place on this one. 2007, both pitchers just got a taste of the majors in September. It was 2008 where they fell a bit. Hughes was a major factor in the 2009 championship year for NY. Hughes had an excellent 2010 and ran out of steam and then was injured in 2011. Kennedy and Jackson were highly touted. Kennedy ran aground in 2008 as NY put all their eggs in one basket with the kids. They traded Kennedy and Jackson to get Grandy whom most here at the time were hysterical laughing about saying how the Yanks got ripped off. Jackson became the starting CF for Detroit, great speed, excellent defense and they got Phil Coke, solid LHer. Kennedy was a CY candidate for S.D. in his 2nd full season with them.  In this trade, Detroit also got Max Scherzer rom S.D. A win-win for all three teams. As to this off season, Kuroda is a one year stop gap, giving Betances another full year in the minors. And the Sea. trade fills needs for both teams. How that works out, we really won't know for several years.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Stand corrected it was 2008. I was wrong on Cano thinking of someone else. In Response to Re: Kurodo signs with Yankees :
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

You are forgiven

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from caseycsw. Show caseycsw's posts

[QUOTE]yes, the yankees just secured second place with those moves - better moves than the Sox but that rotation is no match for the Rays.....not to mention Detroit, Texas, and the Angels.......I'd rather lay low this year and position ourselves for 2013.......we need a good 162 games to wash off the lingering stink that Theo left on us and then we could start anew.
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
    While you might be right that the Rays' starting rotation gets the nod over the Yankees, Mitch, "no match" borders on hyperbole....You also forgot to mention that the Rays bullpen is "no match" compared to the Yankee pen, and that the Bombers suddenly become an offensive juggernaut if the Rays power and hitting is the operative baseline...

“Pray for the dead, and fight like hell for the living.”

-          “Mother” Mary Harris Jones (union and community organizer, born 1837 (Ireland) – 1930 (U.S.))

“You see, until a few weeks ago, it seemed as if Wall Street had effectively bribed and bullied our political system into forgetting about that whole drawing lavish paychecks while destroying the world economy thing. Then, all of a sudden, some people insisted on bringing the subject up again. And their (Occupy Wall Street) outrage has found resonance with millions of Americans. No wonder Wall Street is whining.”

-          Paul Krugman, Princeton economist, N.Y. Times column, 10/16/11

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]The Yankees stole Pineda from Seattle. Kuroda is not proven but a descent 5th starter. In Response to Re: Kurodo signs with Yankees :
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Kuroda is not proven?

The hits keep a coming.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/k/kurodhi01.shtml

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]I will admit that Hughes is on the bubble this season. And that he has not quite lived up to expectations. He did pitch well out of the pen 2009 when they won the WS, and won 18 the next season in the rotation. He came into camp last season overweight and out of shape and his velocity was down. Prior to that he has had a host of health issues. But that being said he's still a young pitcher, he has spent the winter at the fat farm working out. I'm guessing that the rotation of CC, Pineda, Kiroda and Nova leave AJ, Hughes and Garcia battling it out in camp for the 5th starter.

Re:  Hughes - his 18 win season was due to a great first half....in the second half (not to mention the AS game and playoffs) he reverted back to a so-so starter which is where he resides today....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I think NY went with Kuroda because he was willing to take a one year deal. Edwin Jackson, whom the Yanks liked still is pushing for a long term mega-bucks deal.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Kuroda is a solid pitcher, I'm estatic that the Yankees picked him up.

I wonder what you'd be saying if he signed with Boston?

I know it's the ALE but he has solid stuff, 3.07 ERA last season.

Let's say that ERA increaes a few ticks in the AL, still better then AJ, Colon or Garcia.

And he gives innings.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kurodo signs with Yankees : Re:  Hughes - his 18 win season was due to a great first half....in the second half (not to mention the AS game and playoffs) he reverted back to a so-so starter which is where he resides today....
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

And then came into camp last season with moobs.

He is clearly on the bubble this season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Look the moves the yankees made helped their pitching staff more than I think Bard and Aceves, who are better suited for bull pen work, will.

But Kuroda is a #3 starter at best.  He's getting older.  Will never put up the #'s he did last year......in the NL......in a big park, etc..........Is he better than AJ or Colon?  Sure but so are about 200 other pitchers.......the key will be Nova's development.......but even still, I think the Rays take the division this year......even if the yankees make the playoffs how do they get past Detroit, Texas, and the Angels who, even in past years can't get past in the playoffs.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NegativeTrollsAbound. Show NegativeTrollsAbound's posts

Texas, Detroit, Anaheim still better than Yanks and Sox.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]I think NY went with Kuroda because he was willing to take a one year deal. Edwin Jackson, whom the Yanks liked still is pushing for a long term mega-bucks deal.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

It was believed last season that Manny Banuelos would be ready this season.

But the thinking is now that the Yankees would prefer to leave both Betances and Banuelos at AAA for 2012 to work on control.

Plus they felt they rushed Hughes, Joba and Kennedy because of the circumstances at that time and do not want to repeat the same mistakes.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kurodo signs with Yankees : Agreed. And then came into camp last season with moobs. He is clearly on the bubble this season.

Best thing to do w/ him is put him in the pen and let him become their Aceves.  Kinda of a way for da "Ca$h"man to cover up yet another one of his boners....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

This reminds me of early 2004 when the Yankee swooped in and traded for A-rod after the Sox deal blew up. It was like Armaggedon among Sox fans. I seem to remember that worked out pretty well. Everyone needs to relax, and hope the Sox front office doesn't panic.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Kurodo signs with Yankees:
    [QUOTE]Cherrington better get motivated if the Yankees pick up Pineda and Kuroda instead of picking up the retread garbage he has been signing. We are not paupers or bottom feeders but we are behaving like it.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

I don't think most of us were surprised to see the Yankees make a move with the pitching staff.  All I can say is I'm not proclaiming the Yankees being better like most sports writers and fans.  Pineda is young and has an upside that could work out in the longrun but I will predict now Kuroda will be another Burnett in the AL and being placed in a "high pressure" situation.

In other words I'm not worried and the Yankees gave up their best prospect in my opion in Montero.  

With that said,
    I still think the Sox need Garza because of the competitive nature and experience in the AL East he would bring to the club.  I was happy with the Melancon and Bailey moves but again, neither is better than Bard, Aceves or Pap so our team really hasn't improved much, if at all until proven otherwise.  I also agree its a long shot we have taken before and failed on when signing a bunch of "has been" pitchers in hopes one will perform a miracle for us. 

Sections
Shortcuts