Lackey 6-0

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Lackey 6-0

Lackey looked awful to start the game last night but hung in there to get the victory. He's been ripped here (perhaps deservedly so!) this year but last night he gutted it out (& Tito hooked him at just the right time!) and now he is 11-8 and 6-0 in his last 7 starts. Congratulations to him!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Lackey 6-0

He will lead the team in overall wins, watch.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

If you look at his splits from last year his second half numbers were close to his career norms and it looks like he's headed in that direction again this year. End of the day he a solid middle of the rotation ML pitcher who regardless of his outward appreances (surly) gives you everything he has everytime he takes the ball!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

More interesting to look at team records in pitcher starts:

Beckett:  16-6
    Lester:    12-10
    Wake:      11-5
    Lackey:   11-9
    Buch:         9-5
    Miller:        7-1
    Dice-K:      4-3
    Bedard:     1-1
    Weiland:    1-1 
    Aceves:     1-3 (He is 8-1 overall this year and 22-2 career in decisions)

We are 29 games above .500.
    3 pitchers (Beckett, Wake, and Miller) account for 22 of them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Lackey is a bulldog. His outward frustration is an extension of his competitive spirit.

I knew he would come around.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I guess you could call it "coming around", but I am still suspect:

July  4.61/1.610
    Aug  5.79/1.500
    Plus, July and August: 5 HBP and 5 WP

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Lackey is better than Felix.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

the cat? potvin? tony randle? jack lemmon?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

He is clearly a better second half pitcher as he has shown throughout his career.  This is what his track record has shown.  He is going to have to do better than this season's first half for the remainder of his sox contract though.  An ERA over 8 and a WHIP over 1.75 is simply brutal for a guy who is supposed to be a number 2 or 3 starter.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Amazing things do happen... 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Lackey's contract still looks horrible but that doesn't mean he hasn't stepped up in recent weeks. 

His won/loss record is still fools gold to a degree, but he is showing some grit which is appreciated. We'll take the wins. 

I actually like him as a fourth starter this postseason. I worry about him as a third starter though, so hopefully Bedard takes that role.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

"Grit" alright...

July  4.61/1.610
    Aug  5.79/1.500
    Plus, July and August: 5 HBP and 5 WP

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He's not a "slacker". He tries hard. He just hasn't done well overall... so far.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Never understood the importance of wins/losses for a pitcher. To me, it always seems more like a team effort. I'm sure there are other stats that are used to evaluate a pitcher that are far more accurate. JMO

I will say this about Lackey, that guy plays hard. Even if he doesn't do well initially, and may appear to be rattled by it, he is usually able to get his focus back. I guess that comes with being a veteran pitcher. I'm never worried about leaving him in the game as I'm sure alot of fans are.

And I really appreciated him holding back that giant pitcher who was fighting with Papi. He has guts.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: Lackey 6-0:
    [QUOTE]The only thing missing in Lackey is an S= SLACKEY..
    Posted by greatestNYY[/QUOTE]

real original..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Lackey 6-0:
    [QUOTE]More interesting to look at team records in pitcher starts: Beckett:  16-6 Lester:    12-10 Wake:      11-5 Lackey:   11-9 Buch:         9-5 Miller:        7-1 Dice-K:      4-3 Bedard:     1-1 Weiland:    1-1  Aceves:     1-3 (He is 8-1 overall this year and 22-2 career in decisions) We are 29 games above .500. 3 pitchers (Beckett, Wake, and Miller) account for 22 of them.   
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

But team W/L records are not what you prioritize, right?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

No, but I prioritize team wins in a pitcher's starts over individual wins. Both are down on my list.

The thread was about Lackey's W-L record. 

I've already listed WHIP, OPS against, BB/9, tERA, ERA, xFIP, Quality starts percent, Near QS percent over and over and over, updating along the way. 

Yes, I list team records at times as well, usually after somone brings up how important a criteria individual wins are. 

I never said wins have no meaning.

Sections
Shortcuts