Lackey and Beckett are boozebags.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Lackey and Beckett are boozebags.

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/thebuzz/2012/08/report_john_lac_1.html

Bobby V lets them drink in the clubhouse on the road but not at home.  What a tough guy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Re: Lackey and Beckett are boozebags.

Why does Lackey need to go on the road with the team.He and Beckett are poison.
    Beckett closing a bar on Monday, show how much he cares about himself.
    Also, lots of calories in booze, leading to his lack of conditioning.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

a team can only ban anything in their own clubhouse. They have no say or control of a visiting clubhouse.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

boozebags made me lol.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Lackey and Beckett are boozebags.:
    [QUOTE]a team can only ban anything in their own clubhouse. They have no say or control of a visiting clubhouse.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

If a manager has the respect of his team he can tell them not to drink in any clubhouse.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Nick Cafardo@nickcafardo

Red Sox players are allowed to drink beer AFTER the game on the road with their postgame meal. Not a big deal folks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lackey and Beckett are boozebags. : If a manager has the respect of his team he can tell them not to drink in any clubhouse.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

maybe that's the answer, snake. I don't have a problem with them being able to have a beer at home or on the road. I doubt Valentine does either. I think he announced  beer was banned in the clubhouse  more for effect, than anything.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

If these reports are true they are inexplicable. Again, if they are true, these 2 obviously just don't get it on any level.  Regardless of what effect it has on their performance (rehab I suppose in Lackey's case) the perception is awful. 

I can't imagine that drinking till 2 on Monday is the best way for Beckett to be getting prepared for a start. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

shame on ben/bobby v for allowing these idiots to run around like drunken teenagers still....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lackey and Beckett are boozebags. :  maybe that's the answer, snake. I don't have a problem with them being able to have a beer at home or on the road. I doubt Valentine does either. I think he announced  beer was banned in the clubhouse  more for effect, than anything.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I don't care either. But if it's all just a smokescreen come out and say it.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Krista Lackey has my deepest respect for withstanding such a terrible 2011..... and being married to that jack-azz.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Motown9009. Show Motown9009's posts

Lackey's poison. I know he's divorced and has nothing to do at home but that's no reason to let him tag along on to have a good time on road trips when there's no chance of him throwing a pitch this season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]a team can only ban anything in their own clubhouse. They have no say or control of a visiting clubhouse.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

No, but they can be ordered not to consume any beer that is present. Given their history that course would seem wise. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lackey and Beckett are boozebags. : No, but they can be ordered not to consume any beer that is present. Given their history that course would seem wise. 
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]

Which is why I don't think Valentine really has an issue with it, pumpsie. If he did, that's the way it to be. It was done more for P/R and an attempt to put an end to beer/chickengate issue. Obviously, the fact this is still being reported, speaks to that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Sure they do. If a manager doesn't want the stuff in his clubhouse, it's up to him. No excuses. Both Lackey and Beckett are Toxic Texans.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lackey and Beckett are boozebags. : If a manager has the respect of his team he can tell them not to drink in any clubhouse.

Exactly snake. I'm tired of all of the excuse makers on this board. Especially for a team with a $195M payroll going nowhere.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Send Lackey home and get rid of him.  Valentine may actually be gone from the  clubhouse before Lackey.

Cherington may be the most ineffectual gm in history.  How could he allow Lackey to even be around?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Considering they have a better road record, they shouldn't ban beer at home.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]If these reports are true they are inexplicable. Again, if they are true, these 2 obviously just don't get it on any level.  Regardless of what effect it has on their performance (rehab I suppose in Lackey's case) the perception is awful.  I can't imagine that drinking till 2 on Monday is the best way for Beckett to be getting prepared for a start. 
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

did you really need this news to tell you beckett and lackey were idiots w/no sense of team loyalty?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lackey and Beckett are boozebags. : did you really need this news to tell you beckett and lackey were idiots w/no sense of team loyalty?
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Absolutely not.  You are correct.  Most fans see this as nothing more than further confirmation that Beckett & Lackey must GO!  Lackey should be put on irrevocable waivers today, & Beckett should be dealt asap.  They have been dragging this SR down ever since the Sox paraded Beckett, Lackey, & Lester around as the "Three Horsemen."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]I wish Boston was home to a major league baseball team instead of the biggest soap opera in sports. Even the Jets aren't this big a joke, and that's really saying something.
    Posted by davetheknave[/QUOTE]

Dave - being the Jets fan that I am, I sadly must disagree with you. Nothing is more humilating in professional sports management than the Jets, unless of course we can add Dolan and the Knicks into this mess.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Maybe cut off theior paychecks.  That'll get their attention.

Meantime, this falls on LL.  Sorry, but it does.

He's the president.  He decides what mgr to hire, and probably everything else Ben does.  

Certainly he can tell Lackey and Becks -- or at least Lackey -- to stay home and out of the way.  And he can trade Becks for a bag of balls.  Not a great bag of balls, mind you, because of this year's performnance.  But maybe gently used Little League balls.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

BURP

they just having fun

Sections
Shortcuts