Lackey and Beckett are boozebags.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Re: Lackey and Beckett are boozebags.

Is there a clause in Lackeys contract re: inappropriate behavior that we can execute?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: Lackey and Beckett are boozebags.:
    Is there a clause in Lackeys contract re: inappropriate behavior that we can execute?
    Posted by Drewski5

i cant believe someone in the organization can just tell them to knock it off and stop acting like azzes...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Drinking, per se, has never been the issue.  If guys had been performing to their expected level, and drinking a few beers after a game, nobody would have ever questioned it!!!  BUT that's not what happened.... The RS starting rotation had an epic collapse last year.  While in the process of said collapse, we find out that starting pitchers were not only drinking in the clubhouse, DURING GAME TIME, but also bringing it out onto the bench.  These guys were clearly not taking their jobs seriously, and THEY made beer an issue.  The s hit hit the fan, & ownership promised changes.  We were lead to believe that this would not be happening this year.  The second major issue with respect to drinking beer was how it might be contributing to our SP staying in shape, thus avoiding needless injuries.  Beckett and Lackey are the two biggest culprits with respect to not staying in shape.  Both look soft & out of shape!  Both seem to be very injury prone.  Both clearly like their beer, which certainly adds loads of extra calories neither seem to have the discipline to burn off.  Might there be a connection between being out of shape, continued flaunting of the beer, & continued issues with injury?  Absolutely.  We intuitively know that staying in shape helps avoid injury. These two aren't in good shape. Still a third issues is involved. It seems both Beckett & Lackey find this whole thing to be a big joke, thus the hanging of a bottle opener between their locker?? At this point, I could really care less what either of these two do. Both are done as RS players. Neither will be back next year. Both have thrown in the towel, & are surely trying to stick it up our arsses. Good for them! They have zero respect for themselves, & clearly don't give a rats arss about their legacies. Certainly not their legacy with the RS. THEY BOTH MUST GO!  Beckett should be dealt before the end of the season, to a team in contention that needs one more pitcher.  We should be able to get something for him, despite his attroscious season+.  Lackey should be outright released!
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog

This was never actually substantiated, but I get the feeing you won't let a little thing like determining the truth interfere with your blame-fueled hate-fest where your mind was made up a long time ago, and a high ERA is actually he same as a high BAC...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"In Response to Re: Lackey and Beckett are boozebags. : Exactly snake. I'm tired of all of the excuse makers on this board. Especially for a team with a $195M payroll going nowhere.
    Posted by ADG

$176 mil."

- Pike

One of my favorite exchanges of the season. 

Pike are you saying that at $176 million all is forgiven? That seems to be the essence of your response...

at $176 million the Sox are easily dollar for dollar the worst team money can buy in the AL...would have to look at the Mets in the NL...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Again I don't think this is the point.  I don't care who is doing it. I don't care if they drink.  My point is more Bobby V and the Red sox making a big deal out of the culture change that Valentine was going to instill. It's all a bunch of BS. 

Yup. 

I'm amazed at how many Bobby V defenders there are in this forum. 

He's been adequate at best

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

The Herald has an article on how Lester looks at Lackey as a uniter. Clearly Lester does not know what is good for him. No way and no how Lackey is a stand-up guy, I will never believe that.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

The Herald has an article on how Lester looks at Lackey as a uniter. Clearly Lester does not know what is good for him. No way and no how Lackey is a stand-up guy, I will never believe that.
    Posted by EnchiladaT

It's intersting sometimes people think they know Lacley better than Lester.

Would Lackey be a stand up guy if he had a 3.50 ERA?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Lackey and Beckett are boozebags. : good post......everyone in the Sox clubhouse says Lackey's a good guy.....but the fans, who have never interacted with him, know he's a terrible person.  Interesting. _________________________________ Curt Schilling Deadbeat Fraud Clown
    Posted by bellhorn_

It's because he is ugly.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Really? And when was the last time you ever heard a teammate say they didn't like another mate? Funny how the players only reveal their feelings (if negitive) after the player leaves. But I suppose once again you know it all.

I guess I will just base my beliefs off watching Lackey showing up his manager or mates from the mound, claiming the better team didn't win, and divorcing his wife while she recovers from a miscarriage and breast cancer.

Then again some dumb male jocks probably think cheating on their wives is cool. Doesn't surprise me if Lester or Beckett love the azz-face. I bet AGon doesn't care for him. 

Again, you are the know it all.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

" In Response to Re: Lackey and Beckett are boozebags. : Exactly snake. I'm tired of all of the excuse makers on this board. Especially for a team with a $195M payroll going nowhere. Posted by ADG $176 mil." - Pike One of my favorite exchanges of the season.  Pike are you saying that at $176 million all is forgiven? That seems to be the essence of your response... at $176 million the Sox are easily dollar for dollar the worst team money can buy in the AL...would have to look at the Mets in the NL...
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

I wasn't being all that editorial. I was pointing out an apparent inaccuracy. Someone said that the payroll was $195 mil. in an effort to further their agenda. It was Mikey / Camelwalk. The statement was inaccurate. I was very upset that so much payroll was sitting on the DL this year, there is nothing to forgive anyone for or to blame - injuries happen. We are now up to 24 on the DL this year. "Worst team that money can buy" is a meaningless expression when you had most of the team on the DL during the course of the year. Surely, you must be joking.

Please explain what BostonTrollSpanker means.

Are you a Boston fan who spanks trolls?
    Or are you a rival fan who spanks what you consider to be Boston trolls because they dare to be optimistic?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

my fav line is that lackey is well liked in the clubhouse and a good teammate....i can just imagine what his fielders are saying watching him throw stinkbombs and not caring but throwing a coniption fit when someone makes an error...showing up your own players was always the most despised thing any player could do on his team....that was much worse than making errors, failing to hit, etc...

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In Response to Re: Lackey and Beckett are boozebags. : Considering they have a better road record, they shouldn't ban beer at home.
    Posted by ThefourBs

Hmmm, you may be on to something here....

I find it amazing how so many people can take the simple act of having a beer in the clubhouse after a game and just run with this entirely negative spin.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In Response to Re: Lackey and Beckett are boozebags. : It's intersting sometimes people think they know Lacley better than Lester. Would Lackey be a stand up guy if he had a 3.50 ERA?
    Posted by notin

Bingo!

Lackey and Beckett have not performed up to their expectations lately and so they get the bum rap of being lousy teammates and clubhouse cancers who don't care about winning and who have no respect for the game.

Lackey's having a beer with his teamates after a game.   The idiots took shots before the playoff games in 2004.  What's the difference?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

A lot of Red Sox fans are superficial hypocrites.

They say they like guys who are warriors, who will play hurt and compete. Yet in Lackey's case, because they don't like his personality, they ignore that last year they he pitched all season with a fried tendon in his elbow and needed Tommy John surgery. All they looked at is the results -- he struggled, they don't like him so the he!! with the circumstances on why he struggled.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

roy..i was never a lackey hater...he was pitching hurt...but you have to be deaf, dumb, and stupid to not see what kind of bad seed he is...

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

roy..i was never a lackey hater...he was pitching hurt...but you have to be deaf, dumb, and stupid to not see what kind of bad seed he is...
    Posted by georom4

I wasn't referring to you specifically with my post, it was more of a general obeservation.

I'm no great lover of Lackey. I don't like his personality. I don't like his contract -- never quite understood it. But I will say this, what kind of bad seed is he? No one here is in the clubhouse so what do any of us really know about who influences whom; who gets along and who doesn't; what kind of an effect anyone has on things good or bad.

Too often mountainous views of a player or situation are based on nothing more than an ant hill of actual knowledge. Small bits of information are used to paint a picture, which usually is nothing more than a distortion of reality of varying degrees.

Phrasing your opinion like you did -- deaf, dumb etc. -- really doesn't make you any more knowledeable of the innerworkings and relationships of the clubhouse than any other fan watching on TV or reading stories. All it means is you have a strong opinion, and that's fine. But I'm not going to pretend to know more about the him or how he affects the team than I really do.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts