Lackey and Beckett are boozebags.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Re: Lackey and Beckett are boozebags.

In Response to Re: Lackey and Beckett are boozebags.:
    In Response to Re: Lackey and Beckett are boozebags. : I wasn't referring to you specifically with my post, it was more of a general obeservation. I'm no great lover of Lackey. I don't like his personality. I don't like his contract -- never quite understood it. But I will say this, what kind of bad seed is he? No one here is in the clubhouse so what do any of us really know about who influences whom; who gets along and who doesn't; what kind of an effect anyone has on things good or bad. Too often mountainous views of a player or situation are based on nothing more than an ant hill of actual knowledge. Small bits of information are used to paint a picture, which usually is nothing more than a distortion of reality of varying degrees. Phrasing your opinion like you did -- deaf, dumb etc. -- really doesn't make you any more knowledeable of the innerworkings and relationships of the clubhouse than any other fan watching on TV or reading stories. All it means is you have a strong opinion, and that's fine. But I'm not going to pretend to know more about the him or how he affects the team than I really do.
    Posted by royf19
    Cheers. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

boozebags made me lol.
    Posted by slasher9

Rich boozebags......Iwant to be a rich boozebag just like them.Not one poster on this board wouldn't trade places with them. You only dream of becoming a very rich boozebab playing major league baseball. Now if your a boozebag we have someone who has a problem and a very weak throwing arm.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: Lackey and Beckett are boozebags. : It's because he is ugly.
    Posted by snakeoil123

I don't know Lackey personally, but I have to agree here.  He is definitely not pleasant to look at...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I worked with a guy once named Harold Butts- you can guess his nickname.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Really? And when was the last time you ever heard a teammate say they didn't like another mate? Funny how the players only reveal their feelings (if negitive) after the player leaves. But I suppose once again you know it all. I guess I will just base my beliefs off watching Lackey showing up his manager or mates from the mound, claiming the better team didn't win, and divorcing his wife while she recovers from a miscarriage and breast cancer. Then again some dumb male jocks probably think cheating on their wives is cool. Doesn't surprise me if Lester or Beckett love the azz-face. I bet AGon doesn't care for him.  Again, you are the know it all.
    Posted by EnchiladaT

As you said, you will "base your beliefs off "whatever. This doesn't make them facts.

This isn't about who knows it all.  The reality is, people are blaming who they want to blame.  Like Lackey or not, the one immutable fact this season is that he is absolutey 0% culpable.  He has not thrown one pitch.  Whether or not he is a plrasant human being otherwise is immaterial. And some players actualy view actions like Lackey on the mound as a brand of competitiveness. (Certainly, you've seen heated exchanges between Posada and Rivera at some point. Were they "clubhouse cancers"?)

Competitveness? Hmm.  How many memers of the Red Sox have ever started and won a Game 6 or Game 7 of the World Series?  Two - Beckett and Lackey.  Could this be why their ameday personalities are not on par with what we expect.  None of us has seen a Sox pitcher do that since 1986, and even then it was unsuccessful.

It also amazes me how many wantto give Lester, who certainly does shoulder some responsibility, more rope than Lackey.  I do see people blaiming Lester, but Lackey gets the same notoriety.  One guy is waaaaaay below career norms, the other completely absent after an abysmal season.  How are they equals?  Mostly because people want to fantasize that Lackey is taking the team down from within.

Butr yeah, I look at it all ways and don't jump to concusions.  Apparently that is your defintion of a "know it all"...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmileybeniTheFool. Show SmileybeniTheFool's posts

In Response to; Lackey and Beckett are boozebags.:
    http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/thebuzz/2012/08/report_john_lac_1.html Bobby V lets them drink in the clubhouse on the road but not at home.  What a tough guy.
    Posted by snakeoil123

Sections
Shortcuts