LACKEY DID THE RIGHT THING AGAIN BY POPPING CERVELLI, Y NO PRAISE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

LACKEY DID THE RIGHT THING AGAIN BY POPPING CERVELLI, Y NO PRAISE?

say what u want about the guy. yep he doesnt have ace stuff but iwant to go to war with this guy. he's in total control, gives u everthing he's got. and most of all, he PROTECTS his guys. kind of like what pedro used to do. no doubt about it he's in the 3rd spot for the playoffs if buch cant go or in 4th! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: LACKEY DID THE RIGHT THING AGAIN BY POPPING CERVELLI, Y NO PRAISE?

YES HE DID !!!!  AS DAD WOULD SAY.......  "SON, THAT YOUNG MAN IS A REAL TEAMMATE" !!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Man, give it a rest.
    Taking a poll trying to legitimize a potential injury. Pathetic.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I've been in two wars and no way would I want Lackey with me--way too temperamental.  Plus there is absolutely nothing gutsy about plinking opposing batters when you don't have to go to bat yourself.  Did I forget to mention that Lackey is one of the biggest whiners in MLB?  Or that he must outweigh Cervelli by 50 pounds?  Or that he gave up 5 runs yesterday? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from saxydogg77. Show saxydogg77's posts

I'll praise him.  "Good on ya, Lack!"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: LACKEY DID THE RIGHT THING AGAIN BY POPPING CERVELLI, Y NO PRAISE?:
    [QUOTE]I've been in two wars and no way would I want Lackey with me--way too temperamental.  Plus there is absolutely nothing gutsy about plinking opposing batters when you don't have to go to bat yourself.  Did I forget to mention that Lackey is one of the biggest whiners in MLB?  Or that he must outweigh Cervelli by 50 pounds?  Or that he gave up 5 runs yesterday? 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]u want some cheese with all your WHINE? i would take lackey big time. whines to the media and sometimes has bad body language but he never goes after his guys or blames them.

btw, with cervelli its different. i can now grasp his point. dont think he was intentionally showing up lack but at the time it sure did and that demanded a professional response. thats how u hit a guy. no head hunting, nothing career threatening or lingering, just a nice hit that says KNOCK IT OFF. you bet that message was sent loud and clear and we wont see mr. cervelli ever repeating that atleast not withthe sox. i'm fair and balanced for i find papi's bat flip as obnoxious. if a yank, i would have popped ortiz as well. just play the game and act like u've been there before. 

noone goes after pedroia although he does a lot of pete rose-tyoe things out there. its clear its for himand  not yo humiliate anyone!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: LACKEY DID THE RIGHT THING AGAIN BY POPPING CERVELLI, Y NO PRAISE?:
    [QUOTE]
    Posted by greatestNYY[/QUOTE]
    i actually will CREDIT lack's action for this win! the sox came out pumped. clearly it was on their mind. did you beck when facing cervelli? u could feel the hate. had lack not responded this could have led to a brawl with beck only lasting about 5 and not able to come inside and incidentally hit guys like tex and almost hit a slew of guys in coming inside over and over which one must do to stop the yanks. basebal justice worked to perfection! did u notice the clap by ells in sarcasm towards cervelli as he crossed the plate? clearly it ticked off the sox and lack got them fired up. no doubt he's viewed favorably by his mates! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

It was a dumb move and in part because it allowed and insurance run to score.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prknsdnld. Show prknsdnld's posts

In Response to LACKEY DID THE RIGHT THING AGAIN BY POPPING CERVELLI, Y NO PRAISE?:
    [QUOTE]say what u want about the guy. yep he doesnt have ace stuff but iwant to go to war with this guy. he's in total control, gives u everthing he's got. and most of all, he PROTECTS his guys. kind of like what pedro used to do. no doubt about it he's in the 3rd spot for the playoffs if buch cant go or in 4th! 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
      Too bad he didn't hit him in the head, then you could be REALLY satisfied.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prknsdnld. Show prknsdnld's posts

[QUOTE]   YES HE DID !!!!  AS DAD WOULD SAY.......  "SON, THAT YOUNG MAN IS A REAL TEAMMATE" !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE] Cervelli didn't plunk a Sox player, he clapped his hands....there's a diference there, as far as "being a real teammate" is concerned.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lindawitz1. Show Lindawitz1's posts

Lackey is a whining weanie - can't stand his reactions when a play doesn't go his way - maybe he'd better look at his OWN pitching.  Sorry, just cannot warm up to the guy - I wish he and his wife the best for what they are going through personally, but I don't like him on my Red Sox.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I think Lackey should have hit himself with a pitch.  I mean, if it was in retaliation for being shown up/embarrassed:  what caused more embarrassment? A. Cervelli's little league oh-boy-isn't-this-great dance, or B. Lackey serving up a meatball that even little Cervy could hit into the Boston night?  Obviously, B. is the answer.  So john should have plunked himself in retaliation.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

[QUOTE]I think Lackey should have hit himself with a pitch.  I mean, if it was in retaliation for being shown up/embarrassed:  what caused more embarrassment? A. Cervelli's little league oh-boy-isn't-this-great dance, or B. Lackey serving up a meatball that even little Cervy could hit into the Boston night?  Obviously, B. is the answer.  So john should have plunked himself in retaliation.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Love it. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]I've been in two wars and no way would I want Lackey with me--way too temperamental.  Plus there is absolutely nothing gutsy about plinking opposing batters when you don't have to go to bat yourself.  Did I forget to mention that Lackey is one of the biggest whiners in MLB?  Or that he must outweigh Cervelli by 50 pounds?  Or that he gave up 5 runs yesterday? 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

SOX  fans have to be reminded periodically that SLACKEY is still an overpaid piece of mediocrity. oh yeah, he doesn't pitch very well either.
    i'd prefer to see slackey pop theo. now that would be the right thing to do!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

After all the pitches thrown at Youkilis ( at his head) over the years and the lame attempt by N.Y. to bean Ortiz (and possibly 'scare' him...you've gotta be kiddin'), I cannot find any displeasure in seeing a Yankee get his just dessert.

This is what Pedro would have done, and I loved watching Pedro. It is what Bob Gibson would have done.

Three cheers for Lackey, for sending the message to the Yankees.

The message is ..."grow up and play like professionals, spoiled brats of the Bronx."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]After all the pitches thrown at Youkilis ( at his head) over the years and the lame attempt by N.Y. to bean Ortiz (and possibly 'scare' him...you've gotta be kiddin'), I cannot find any displeasure in seeing a Yankee get his just dessert. This is what Pedro would have done, and I loved watching Pedro. It is what Bob Gibson would have done. Three cheers for Lackey, for sending the message to the Yankees. The message is ..."grow up and play like professionals, spoiled brats of the Bronx."
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

i think the only message the yankees received was "man, they've got their own version of our own a.j. burnett."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Lackey's a jerk.

Cervelli was celebrating that he hit his 3rd home run ever and was not trying to show up Lackey.

And even if he was showing up Lackey, who cares?   A guy basically making the league minimum took Lackey and his $16 million deep.  Lackey makes 40 times what Cervelli makes and then hits the guy for hitting a home run.

Lackey is terrible.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LACKEY DID THE RIGHT THING AGAIN BY POPPING CERVELLI, Y NO PRAISE? : i think the only message the yankees received was "man, they've got their own version of our own a.j. burnett."
    Posted by theYAZZER[/QUOTE]

correct.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LACKEY DID THE RIGHT THING AGAIN BY POPPING CERVELLI, Y NO PRAISE? : SOX  fans have to be reminded periodically that SLACKEY is still an overpaid piece of mediocrity. oh yeah, he doesn't pitch very well either. i'd prefer to see slackey pop theo. now that would be the right thing to do!
    Posted by theYAZZER[/QUOTE]

Yazz,

You really need to stop criticizing Theo.  He is really a very good GM and helped the Red Sox to win 2 world series. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I see nothing wrong with hitting someone, whether they deserve ot or not.

Hey Lamebrain...pick out two!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Lackey did the right thing by plunking Cervilli, and he also allowed a t-ball hitter to homer off him. It's a feat that in itself tells you he's not reliable.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

[QUOTE]Lackey's a jerk. Cervelli was celebrating that he hit his 3rd home run ever and was not trying to show up Lackey. And even if he was showing up Lackey, who cares?   A guy basically making the league minimum took Lackey and his $16 million deep.  Lackey makes 40 times what Cervelli makes and then hits the guy for hitting a home run. Lackey is terrible.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

A major league does not step on the plate and start clapping after a HR...that is clearly showing up the pitcher.....if he steps on the plate and walks toward the dugout and starts clapping then no one says a word...doing it the way he did, he had to expect to get plunked, and lackey should be applauded for doing it....if Beckett had hit him then this board would be cheering for Beckett...lets give lackey some credit. Yes he put a guy on base which ended up being another insurance run, but somethings are more important than a run or even a game....just like when TEK washed Arods face with his glove......you need to show the other team where you stand...personally if I was the yankees I would be hitting Papi once in a while and the fact they arent plays into why we are so much more competetive against them than we were years ago.....even when we had better teams.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

tom is right, you absolutely do not clap like a school girl at home plate while crossing it..do the point to the sky, praise the lord thing, but don't show up the other team. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to LACKEY DID THE RIGHT THING AGAIN BY POPPING CERVELLI, Y NO PRAISE?:
    [QUOTE]say what u want about the guy. yep he doesnt have ace stuff but iwant to go to war with this guy. he's in total control, gives u everthing he's got. and most of all, he PROTECTS his guys. kind of like what pedro used to do. no doubt about it he's in the 3rd spot for the playoffs if buch cant go or in 4th! 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

First of all, what Lackey did had nothing to do with PROTECTION; it was RETALIATION, albeit partly justified. Speaking of PROTECTION; weren't you griping when Sabathia hit Ortiz in the butt earlier this yr after 4 Yankees were hit? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

I guess I don't get the jock mentality. Hitting someone with a pitch is a way to get their respect? How about striking them out? Wow, that's really being a tough guy, especially for an AL pitcher who doesn't have to bat.

Did Manny show disrespect when he "styled" on his HR's? Was he plunked for all the times he didn't "respect" the pitcher? It's all a bunch of immature jock nonsense. The way to get respect is to beat the opponent. Throwing inside is one thing. Beaning batters is nonsense.