Lackey goes on 15-day DL;Who should replace him in the rotation?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Lackey goes on 15-day DL;Who should replace him in the rotation?

The Red Sox just announced they have placed John Lackey on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right elbow.

The Sox called up Scott Atchison from Pawtucket for the second time this season. Atchison was spotted before tonight's game in the Sox clubhouse, but Sox manager Terry Francona denied there was any roster move in the offing saying, "A liitle miscommunication. Atch was here to pick something up. It's not a roster move. I didn't even see him. I heard he was here.''

Lackey, who was seen playing catch with Jon Lester before tonight's game, dropped to 2-5 (8.01 ERA) after allowing nine runs on nine hits in 6-2/3 innings in a 9-3 loss at Toronto last Wednesday night. Lackey was scheduled to start for the Sox Tuesday night vs. the Orioles, but no word on who will take his place in the rotation.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: Lackey goes on 15-day DL;Who should replace him in the rotation?

I'm glad these "DL's" aren't investigated. Wake/Aceves take up the slack.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Yup..Wake prob get the start tues..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Tito will go with Wake, but I think Aceves deserves the ball, that is, if he is "stretched out" enough to go 5 innings.

Dice-K is now in Wake ERA territory: where's softy now?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

According to WEEI, the DL stint should not affect the 2015 club option on John Lackey:

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21102456/source-lackey-dl-stint-wont-affect-option

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfanwest. Show soxfanwest's posts

I think Wake gets the start.  As much as I've been a supporter of his, I'm afraid if he starts to get lit-up, Tito will keep in longer than what he should, trying to get him as many wins as possible. Lets hope for a lot of movement on that knuckler.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StatsFromLouie. Show StatsFromLouie's posts

Kevin Millwood or Carlos Silva.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

DiceK was sitting a long time between starts. Bad first time through the order was not suprising. He has pitched more innings in other than mop-up duty. I called his rough start, which I blame on the time off and attention deficit from Varitek. That said, DiceK is young enough to have those really good starts and improved farm. Wakefield looks pitiful trying to walk, much less cover first.

Lackey hits the DL with a bruised big ego.

Surely, putting the spot starts in a AAA guy would be a better investment. Aceves has looked quite decent, and helped hold the O's down tonight. Very impressive in that 9th inning. Once they get the pen in better order on the rest, Aceves and/or Atchison should split the spot start duty. 

Need a rainout or conditions similar to tonight. Cold and damp so they won't hammer Wakefield's goodball as much.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

If Wake didn't get Lackey's start, why is Wake on the team?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Lackey is terrible, he stunk with the Angels so we signed him to a long term deal, anyone please explain..?

Wake gets the starts, but bring up Doubront and look for someone to take Lacking off our hands...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: Lackey goes on 15-day DL;Who should replace him in the rotation?:
    Lackey is terrible, he stunk with the Angels so we signed him to a long term deal, anyone please explain..? Wake gets the starts, but bring up Doubront and look for someone to take Lacking off our hands...
    Posted by wozzy

SO you want us to call up someone (Doubront) who is on the DL?  Brilliant!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-yazzer. Show the-yazzer's posts

replacing SLACKEY shouldn't be difficult. finding someone worse, now that would be a challenge.
    WAKEFIELD is a minor improvement; however, another question might be "who's going to replace DICE-K?"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

In Wakefield we trust. Why not. Every other outing will be OK and on his bad one let's hope we score a lot of runs. He'll baffle them or they'll shell him. No middle ground. But that's Tim.

Sections
Shortcuts