LACKEY HAS 2ND WORSE HOME ERA IN THE HISTORY OF SOX: Y DIDNT THEO KNOW THIS?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

LACKEY HAS 2ND WORSE HOME ERA IN THE HISTORY OF SOX: Y DIDNT THEO KNOW THIS?

even before lackless came over to boston he was being crushed at fenway. since he's been here, the trend has clearly continued. thats a question of both stuff and makeup. lackless isnt interested in changing how he pitches just for fenway. he was seen muttering last week "i hate this place" after giving upanother bomb. his ERA since he's been with sox is 9.17. only one guy has it worse and he pitched in the 19th century. this is ridiculous and i dont see this stopping this year. there's some good news for if he's being bombed at 9+ at home, means he's trending way down on the road. if on the road, he's due for a good start the next time. 

of all the moves theo has goofed, this is the worse for EVERYONE saw this nightmare. cant think of anyone who saw lackless as being worth his contract or the headache of being signed. we had wake, that should have been good enough. theo should be more belichickian. if you see nothing you absolutely like, just move t along. no need to spend just to be spending unless its a one year deal. can forgive him for drew and craw and even lugo, not for LACKLESS though. writing was on the wall!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: LACKEY HAS 2ND WORSE HOME ERA IN THE HISTORY OF SOX: Y DIDNT THEO KNOW THIS?

I sure hope he turns it around, for the Sox' sake..But I really dont see him being anything more than what he was..And that was in AL west that was pretty weak at the time..He being exposed in the AL East..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: LACKEY HAS 2ND WORSE HOME ERA IN THE HISTORY OF SOX: Y DIDNT THEO KNOW THIS?

Lackey is the worst, of a host of bad signings by the Kosher Butcher from Brookline.

I agree that Theo has had a few bad deals..Who hasnt..But the facts are he has made more good than bad and has the deep pockets of john henry to afford a couple bad deals..i mean, we could have an Omar minaya type that hasnt a clue at all..Theos strong point is definitly NOT FA, but more scouting and developing...he has done what he said from the start..To build a scouting and development machine..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to Re: LACKEY HAS 2ND WORSE HOME ERA IN THE HISTORY OF SOX: Y DIDNT THEO KNOW THIS?:
    In Response to LACKEY HAS 2ND WORSE HOME ERA IN THE HISTORY OF SOX: Y DIDNT THEO KNOW THIS? : Lackey is an embarassment almost every time he takes the mound, he came from the mild mild west, used to pitching in big ball parks, his fastball was average then, it is below average now. His attitude was average then, he is rich now. He stinks , the guy who signed him should have known better. Lackey has to go, if they are serious about winning. I hope somebody calls me a troll, if they do they are an idiot, if they think Lackey will turn anything around. Lackey is the worst, of a host of bad signings by the Kosher Butcher from Brookline.
    Posted by aussiewill

I won't call you a troll.  I'll just preempt your idiot charge and call you an idiot first, idiot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In Response to Re: LACKEY HAS 2ND WORSE HOME ERA IN THE HISTORY OF SOX: Y DIDNT THEO KNOW THIS?:
    In Response to Re: LACKEY HAS 2ND WORSE HOME ERA IN THE HISTORY OF SOX: Y DIDNT THEO KNOW THIS? : Signing young talent , should be any GM's forte, to outspend the opposition, is not about brilliance, it's about resources. So if you sit down at a Texas Holdem Game, as I have. You have $ 200 million Dollars in chips to spend, and everyone else has $ 100 million dollars , do you have a edge? I assume you have answered yes. If you can't win with the biggest Bank roll in Holdem, you should go back to being a Kosher Butcher in Brookline.
    Posted by aussiewill

Since Theo's tenure began with the Red Sox,they've won 2 World Series and Brian Cashman (with an average payroll of more than 40 million more than the Sox) has won 1 with the Yankees.
      So are you saying that Brian Cashman should become a Kosher butcher in Brookline?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to LACKEY HAS 2ND WORSE HOME ERA IN THE HISTORY OF SOX: Y DIDNT THEO KNOW THIS?:
    even before lackless came over to boston he was being crushed at fenway. since he's been here, the trend has clearly continued. thats a question of both stuff and makeup. lackless isnt interested in changing how he pitches just for fenway. he was seen muttering last week "i hate this place" after giving upanother bomb. his ERA since he's been with sox is 9.17. only one guy has it worse and he pitched in the 19th century. this is ridiculous and i dont see this stopping this year. there's some good news for if he's being bombed at 9+ at home, means he's trending way down on the road. if on the road, he's due for a good start the next time.  of all the moves theo has goofed, this is the worse for EVERYONE saw this nightmare. cant think of anyone who saw lackless as being worth his contract or the headache of being signed. we had wake, that should have been good enough. theo should be more belichickian. if you see nothing you absolutely like, just move t along. no need to spend just to be spending unless its a one year deal. can forgive him for drew and craw and even lugo, not for LACKLESS though. writing was on the wall!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

Lackey's career numbers at Fenway with the Angels were not good.  However, his final 3 appearances at Fenway with the Angels were very good.  1 reg season in '08, 1 postseason in '08, 1 reg season in '09.  His totals in those 3 starts were 23.2 innings, 6 earned runs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

In Response to Re: LACKEY HAS 2ND WORSE HOME ERA IN THE HISTORY OF SOX: Y DIDNT THEO KNOW THIS? :  Since Theo's tenure began with the Red Sox,they've won 2 World Series and Brian Cashman (with an average payroll of more than 40 million more than the Sox) has won 1 with the Yankees.   So are you saying that Brian Cashman should become a Kosher butcher in Brookline?
    Posted by mrmojo1120

Cashman and Epstein , brilliant at best, mediocre at worst. Resources unlimited, judgement questionable , considering resources.

Cashman is not from Brookline, however he could be the best butcher from Tel Aviv. Since you asked, is there a trend here. Or is mediocre cemented in the voluminous citizenry, of the non believers of the Children of Abraham who except that failure is only for the weak.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from the---yazzer. Show the---yazzer's posts

Lackey is the worst, of a host of bad signings by the Kosher Butcher from Brookline. I agree that Theo has had a few bad deals..Who hasnt..But the facts are he has made more good than bad and has the deep pockets of john henry to afford a couple bad deals..i mean, we could have an Omar minaya type that hasnt a clue at all..Theos strong point is definitly NOT FA, but more scouting and developing...he has done what he said from the start..To build a scouting and development machine..
    Posted by southpaw777

hey southie,

how does theo's shoe polish taste? being that you're a theo bootlicker, i thought you'd know.
    a couple of 'BAD DEALS'---you've got to be kidding.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

I sure hope he turns it around, for the Sox' sake..But I really dont see him being anything more than what he was..And that was in AL west that was pretty weak at the time..He being exposed in the AL East..
    Posted by southpaw777
    lackless had a mediocre record vs the Al east and mostly struggled at fenway during his stay with the angels. again, i understand the risk but not at 5 years and 80M! i want a sure thing. i will go with craw. he thrived in the al east and played in Ny and fenway. no matter his struggles, it was logical. lackless' was not!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from the---yazzer. Show the---yazzer's posts

In Response to Re: LACKEY HAS 2ND WORSE HOME ERA IN THE HISTORY OF SOX: Y DIDNT THEO KNOW THIS? : lackless had a mediocre record vs the Al east and mostly struggled at fenway during his stay with the angels. again, i understand the risk but not at 5 years and 80M! i want a sure thing. i will go with craw. he thrived in the al east and played in Ny and fenway. no matter his struggles, it was logical. lackless' was not!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

crawford will also turn out as another THEO BLUNDER. you can take that to the bank.
    in fact, from now on i will refer to 'boy genius' as THEO BLUNDER.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: LACKEY HAS 2ND WORSE HOME ERA IN THE HISTORY OF SOX: Y DIDNT THEO KNOW THIS? : hey southie, how does theo's shoe polish taste? being that you're a theo bootlicker, i thought you'd know. a couple of 'BAD DEALS'---you've got to be kidding.
    Posted by the---yazzer

bootlicker..thats cute..Anyway, Ive criticized Theo also..Just see no need to focus only on the bad like yourself and some others here..hes had more good signings than bad..and no, Im not going to start listing them. Ive stated that l wasnt in favor of the lackey deal and a couple more. But I see no use rambling on and on about it when there is not much they can do now besides putting him on the DL if this keeps up..Those that do just sound like a bunch of armchair GMs and whiney kids..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: LACKEY HAS 2ND WORSE HOME ERA IN THE HISTORY OF SOX: Y DIDNT THEO KNOW THIS? : Signing young talent , should be any GM's forte, to outspend the opposition, is not about brilliance, it's about resources. So if you sit down at a Texas Holdem Game, as I have. You have $ 200 million Dollars in chips to spend, and everyone else has $ 100 million dollars , do you have a edge? I assume you have answered yes. If you can't win with the biggest Bank roll in Holdem, you should go back to being a Kosher Butcher in Brookline.
    Posted by aussiewill

Should be, but not all Gms can find great talent year after year picking at the bottom.
    So your saying that Omar Minaya did a great job with all his resources?

Never assume anything...

The yankees had the biggest payroll for the longest time and have 1 championship the last 11 years..So no, just cause you have the most money doesnt always equal championships or wins. Lots of things can happen in a 162 games season..the rays went to the series on a 60mil payroll in 08'

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from the---yazzer. Show the---yazzer's posts

In Response to Re: LACKEY HAS 2ND WORSE HOME ERA IN THE HISTORY OF SOX: Y DIDNT THEO KNOW THIS? : bootlicker..thats cute..Anyway, Ive criticized Theo also..Just see no need to focus only on the bad like yourself and some others here..hes had more good signings than bad..and no, Im not going to start listing them. Ive stated that l wasnt in favor of the lackey deal and a couple more. But I see no use rambling on and on about it when there is not much they can do now besides putting him on the DL if this keeps up..Those that do just sound like a bunch of armchair GMs and whiney kids..
    Posted by southpaw777

they should put THEO on the DL.
    slackey and crawford--200 million dollars down the toilet.
    that's not whining, that's reality, mr. apologist.

please fire theo!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Lackey's performance at Fenway is irrelevant.  All of those games came against the Red Sox.  Specifically the Manny-Ortiz Red Sox, who were known to put up offensive number against lots of pitchers.

Lackey isn't looking like a good signing this season for whatever reason.  However, I think fans someday are gojng to have to realize that free agency is no way to build a ballclub and nearly every bad, immovable contract in the entire league came about via free agency.

Calling Crawford a bust at this point is laughable.  I would be extremely surprised if Crawford was a productive hitter for all 7 years (or even 6 of them), but it is still extremely early.   After all, if Crawford was hitting .300/.350/.450, would it have already justifed the entire deal regardless of the next 6.5 years?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

Even I knew that Lackey had a history of struggling at Fenway before they signed him.  He was an OK pitcher against the AL West and he can't even claim that anymore. He was a terrible mistake and he's killing the team.  End of story.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Here is what respected Baseball Prospectus had to say on the subject of Lackey’s impending free agency at the conclusion of the 2009 season: “Lackey stands alone as one of the best, a relatively young righty who carries significantly less risk than the other high-upside hurlers.’’

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

In Response to Re: LACKEY HAS 2ND WORSE HOME ERA IN THE HISTORY OF SOX: Y DIDNT THEO KNOW THIS? : Cashman and Epstein , brilliant at best, mediocre at worst. Resources unlimited, judgement questionable , considering resources. Cashman is not from Brookline, however he could be the best butcher from Tel Aviv. Since you asked, is there a trend here. Or is mediocre cemented in the voluminous citizenry, of the non believers of the Children of Abraham who except that failure is only for the weak.
    Posted by aussiewill

LOL @ Tel Aviv LMAOLaughing

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---The-Babe---. Show ---The-Babe---'s posts

Lackey's performance at Fenway is irrelevant.  All of those games came against the Red Sox.  Specifically the Manny-Ortiz Red Sox, who were known to put up offensive number against lots of pitchers. Lackey isn't looking like a good signing this season for whatever reason.  However, I think fans someday are gojng to have to realize that free agency is no way to build a ballclub and nearly every bad, immovable contract in the entire league came about via free agency. Calling Crawford a bust at this point is laughable.  I would be extremely surprised if Crawford was a productive hitter for all 7 years (or even 6 of them), but it is still extremely early.   After all, if Crawford was hitting .300/.350/.450, would it have already justifed the entire deal regardless of the next 6.5 years?

Posted by notin

Sorry notin but his performance at fenway is not irrelevant....that is the same argument that moonie tried back when the red flops first signed lackluster. Bottom line is he has the second worst ERA at fenway in HISTORY and that hasn't changed whether he is facing the red flops or pitching for them. He's just not that good of a pitcher. And a highly paid disaster at that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

This thread is a new low, and it saddens me.

So this is what the ugly underbelly of free speech looks like.

I'd report the offending comments to BDC Dottie if I knew it would do any good.

Hard to believe this is the 21st century, and people still engage in hate speech.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The----Babe----. Show --The----Babe----'s posts

Lackey's performance at Fenway is irrelevant.  All of those games came against the Red Sox.  Specifically the Manny-Ortiz Red Sox, who were known to put up offensive number against lots of pitchers. Lackey isn't looking like a good signing this season for whatever reason.  However, I think fans someday are gojng to have to realize that free agency is no way to build a ballclub and nearly every bad, immovable contract in the entire league came about via free agency. Calling Crawford a bust at this point is laughable.  I would be extremely surprised if Crawford was a productive hitter for all 7 years (or even 6 of them), but it is still extremely early.   After all, if Crawford was hitting .300/.350/.450, would it have already justifed the entire deal regardless of the next 6.5 years?

Posted by notin

Sorry notin, but his performance at fenway is not irrelevant. That is clearly witnessed by his lack of production at fenway even now that he plays for the red flops.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Other than Pavano, Lackey was the only decent free agent on the market two years ago...I can see why Theo was all for it...at the time it did make sense...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Lackey personifies everything that's wrong with MLB. The guy is stealing money! He should be arrested for grand larceny.
    Posted by TexasPat3

His wife has cancer and he obviously is a head case.  

Might it be wise to give him a month to go home and be with his wife and try to get his head together?  I don't think he is stealing money.  I think he doesn't have the mental or emotional strength to get through something that is very difficult.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: LACKEY HAS 2ND WORSE HOME ERA IN THE HISTORY OF SOX: Y DIDNT THEO KNOW THIS? : His wife has cancer and he obviously is a head case.   Might it be wise to give him a month to go home and be with his wife and try to get his head together?  I don't think he is stealing money.  I think he doesn't have the mental or emotional strength to get through something that is very difficult.
    Posted by snakeoil123

he's been ok on the ROAD all year as he was throughout his career, he just stinks at HOMEEEEEE! his head is fine on the road? i think he's been able to keep the private private. the issue is he was a baddd signing by theo, he cant pitch CONSISTENTLY in fenway and that should have been clear before he took the $80m plunge!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I wonder if Lackey is having open and honest communication with management?

Does he need a month off to be with his wife? 

Does he feel too much pressure pitching for the Red Sox?

Does he have a severe injury he is not telling us such as Hemorrhoids? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from legion12941. Show legion12941's posts

If I had to work and be away for long periods of time while my wife had cancer, I probably wouldn't perform near my best regardless of where I do my work.

Sections
Shortcuts