LACKEY HAS 2ND WORSE HOME ERA IN THE HISTORY OF SOX: Y DIDNT THEO KNOW THIS?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: LACKEY HAS 2ND WORSE HOME ERA IN THE HISTORY OF SOX: Y DIDNT THEO KNOW THIS?

In Response to Re: LACKEY HAS 2ND WORSE HOME ERA IN THE HISTORY OF SOX: Y DIDNT THEO KNOW THIS?:
    [QUOTE]If I had to work and be away for long periods of time while my wife had cancer, I probably wouldn't perform near my best regardless of where I do my work.
    Posted by legion12941[/QUOTE]SO HOW COME HE DOES WELL ON THE ROAD AND ONLY NOT AT HOME?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: LACKEY HAS 2ND WORSE HOME ERA IN THE HISTORY OF SOX: Y DIDNT THEO KNOW THIS?

Sure looks like a bad signing now. I can't seem to recall you criticizing the signing at the time but maybe that was before your time here. 

Curious what the point of this thread was? 

Yes, Theo made a bad signing. Yes, he has been up and down when it comes to signing free agents. 

If you want an explanation as to why Theo sometimes signs bad free agents, I can give you one. You might find it a bit strange, but since the problem is not limited to Lackey, but includes Renteria and Lugo (and to some extent Dice K and JD, though they were more overpaid than total busts...still) - the answer is: Theo for some reason gets a man crush on certain players. He becomes fixated on certain criteria and ignores the obvious. At the same time, he underestimates the importance of re-signing players who have shown they can thrives in the bright lights of the Boston media. 

I'm not sure if that explanation will satisfy you because it's a bit unscientific but I think it encompasses many of Theo's worst mistakes. Of course I'm not 100 percent clear what Theo's Lackey criteria were (aside from him being the best available guy on the market then) but you can bet he had some kind of obscure metric. 

Finally, you failed to note one other aspect: The Sox have a huge payroll and can afford some bad contracts. You seem to be under the impression the sky is falling or you have uncovered some fatal flaw. Doesn't seem that way.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

n

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

Sections
Shortcuts