Lackey is still a plague

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michaelkayn. Show Michaelkayn's posts

Re: Lackey is still a plague

I was at the game tonight, lackey was throwing meatballs, right down the plate and making bad hitters look good, it was the pop up that sank them though, of course if he hadn't had two men in scoring position it wouldn't have matter, its easy to look at lackey as a scapegoat but loosing has been a team effort, bad pitching, bad fielding and almost no hitting, anyway, that was 170 dollars down the drain to watch the sox get 3 hits and drop a 2 run pop up, bad night

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michaelkayn. Show Michaelkayn's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

In response to Michaelkayn's comment:

I was at the game tonight, lackey was throwing meatballs, right down the plate and making bad hitters look good, it was the pop up that sank them though, of course if he hadn't had two men in scoring position it wouldn't have matter, its easy to look at lackey as a scapegoat but loosing has been a team effort, bad pitching, bad fielding and almost no hitting, anyway, that was 170 dollars down the drain to watch the sox get 3 hits and drop a 2 run pop up, bad night

You were lucky to have a seat right behind the plate. Lucky you.

5 outfield seats, $15 parking plus food and gas

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I know Lackey was spotted a healthy lead, but he was not exactly backed up with stellar defense or offense tonight.

The Sox got one hit after the first inning.  How did that help? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

I am not ready to give up on him yet.  Yes, the pop up should have been caught at first.  Yes, tropicana bites, but there are never any winds which can also be a pain with pop ups.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michaelkayn. Show Michaelkayn's posts

You could see Lackey throwing pitches right down the center of the plate from outfield seats? I wish that I had eyesight as good as you have.

No, I could see him throwing meatballs right down the middle on the 150 ft long electronic screen that was showing replays every time one of the rays did anything of note, but you probably never thought of that. Lackey didn't pitch well, even after his 5 run inning he gave up a leadoff double the next inning and had to be pulled, and he loaded the bases in the 3rd, 

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

He could be moved if he were pitching better, all part of my July plan! The better they play the better to trade them! 

That plan has a flaw though Burr...if they are all playing good, it probably means the Sox are doing good and in the PO hunt. Thus, not trading those guys. Now, if only a couple are doing well, thats different.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to joyceand's comment:

In response to craze4sox's comment:

In response to joyceand's comment:

You are right, craze.  Lackey is garbage.

I just can't wait to dump this guy from the starting rotation.  The haunting of Theo's FA signings just won't go away soon enough.

Here's the problem.  He was out all of last year so I believe he has 3 to go.

with his extra year at veteran minimun, he could be moved

Southpaw, you didn't help me my mood at all but I still like you pal :)  Doubront is better than Lackey which doesn't make our support of Clay, Jon and Demp look too bright the rest of the season.

Have a good night, hopefully we find a way to come back with our three or four man offense.

sorry craze :(  I though maybe his extra cheap year would be a positive...Although I think at this point, Lack is better than Doubie. Either way, our #4 and #5 arent making too many feel all warm and fuzzy inside. *sigh*

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

You could see Lackey throwing pitches right down the center of the plate from outfield seats? I wish that I had eyesight as good as you have.

why do you start uselss arguements with someone that is right. lackey didnt pitch all that great and was having trouble reaching 91-92MPH and locating his ball. The offense has some blame here too, but lacey overall, was not effective.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

lackey is abhorable.

i pray he gives up 8 earned everytime out.

his contract is slightly behind arod and pujols for WOAT.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

the guy isn't our number one.........with run support he would have probably won some of the games...he was out all last year..........be patient. Only 3 games back.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

lackey is abhorable.

Then you are not a Sox fan because if he gives up 8 runs the Sox are going to lose.  Why don't you just support him and the team.  The guy has a good attitude this year, is in shape and he is coming off TJ surgery.  He will be better and better as the months go by.  He is certainly as good or better than Doubrant or any other possible option.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michaelkayn. Show Michaelkayn's posts

No, I could see him throwing meatballs right down the middle on the 150 ft long electronic screen that was showing replays every time one of the rays did anything of note, but you probably never thought of that. Lackey didn't pitch well, even after his 5 run inning he gave up a leadoff double the next inning and had to be pulled, and he loaded the bases in the 3rd, 

What a coincidence that when the Rays got a big hit that the replay showed a pitch at the center of the 17" homeplate? Great observation. Most fans would be looking at the path of the ball instead of exactly where the pitch was as it crossed the plate.

What's the coincidence? it's a center field camera, shooting right down the middle of the field, pretty sure they have one at every ball park these days, anyone with eyes can look at the screen and see that he was getting WAY too much of the plate and less then steller hitters where making solid contact, yea, there was a check swing double and a fluke pop up, but that doesnt mean he pitched well, he pitched bad enough to be in bad situations and loose the game, it's real simple, if he pitches well they win the game, he was given a 3 run lead and couldnt get through 5 innings, he had a bad outing, deal with it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

What's the coincidence? it's a center field camera, shooting right down the middle of the field, pretty sure they have one at every ball park these days, anyone with eyes can look at the screen and see that he was getting WAY too much of the plate and less then steller hitters where making solid contact, yea, there was a check swing double and a fluke pop up, but that doesnt mean he pitched well, he pitched bad enough to be in bad situations and loose the game, it's real simple, if he pitches well they win the game, he was given a 3 run lead and couldnt get through 5 innings, he had a bad outing, deal with it.
    [/QUOTE]

Camera st the Trop is slightly off center not right behind the pitcher. I know of no park that the camera is directly in a straight line with home. It is one of the better ones though.

Thus you always get a skewerd perception of where the ball crosses the plate

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Why don't most of you pay attention to stats except when they help you

As I stated and no one commented on but continued their hate

Children he had a 2.82 ERA up to tonight. A check swing double and a screwup by Napoli. You do realize that up to tonight the most runs he had given up was 3. With any run support he could also have 6 or 7 wins.

You always say you want good back end of the rotation pitchers well we have a guy with a 2.82 ERA who has had a very good start up till tonight and even tonight has been bad luck.

So start being objective put away your hate for Lackey because of the past and start looking at actually what he is doing now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Why don't most of you pay attention to stats except when they help you

As I stated and no one commented on but continued their hate

Children he had a 2.82 ERA up to tonight. A check swing double and a screwup by Napoli. You do realize that up to tonight the most runs he had given up was 3. With any run support he could also have 6 or 7 wins.

You always say you want good back end of the rotation pitchers well we have a guy with a 2.82 ERA who has had a very good start up till tonight and even tonight has been bad luck.

So start being objective put away your hate for Lackey because of the past and start looking at actually what he is doing now.

Good posts on this thread, Jim. Lackey has been an excellent No. 4 starter this year. If he pitches like he has this year, I fully expect his ERA to drop back under 4.00 after his next start.

I think the big thing for him now is building arm strength so he can stay strong longer.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

In response to slasher9's comment:

lackey is abhorable.

Then you are not a Sox fan because if he gives up 8 runs the Sox are going to lose.  Why don't you just support him and the team.  The guy has a good attitude this year, is in shape and he is coming off TJ surgery.  He will be better and better as the months go by.  He is certainly as good or better than Doubrant or any other possible option.

sorry.  usually i add "and the red sox score 10 in the late innings and come away with the W".

my magic wand stat sheet for lackey:  0-0 18.99era

and for the record...my disdain for him isnt because of his time with the RS....it goes back to my hatred for the California/Anaheim/LA Angels Lackey

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I'll reserve my judgement of Lackey till the end of the season. Sure he had a bad inn but how about the lineup getting one hit after the 1st inn, that's not good.

Sections
Shortcuts