Lackey is still a plague

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Re: Lackey is still a plague

I'll reserve my judgement of Lackey till the end of the season. Sure he had a bad inn but how about the lineup getting one hit after the 1st inn, that's not good.

+1.

Lackey has pitched quite well but for that disastrous inning. He has not been given much run support.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

I'll reserve my judgement of Lackey till the end of the season. Sure he had a bad inn but how about the lineup getting one hit after the 1st inn, that's not good.

+1.

Lackey has pitched quite well but for that disastrous inning. His attitude has also improved quite a bit - offering encouragement to Webster after his horrid outing.  I know his history with RS stunk but he has come back this year in better shape, with a good attitude and has pitched well.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to joyceand's comment:

In response to trantor's comment:

Yes, those balls that get lost up there on the catwalk and in that background are definitely the fault of Lackey. He most definitely is a plague.  Nice to have such reasonable and logical posters here to discuss baseball with.  You are either simple minded or else trolling.

2 disastrous seasons in Boston so far, 9 hits, 5 ER in 4 1/3 innings tonight, probably a record of 1-4 after this game.  You're right those of us who hate him are simple-minded/ trolls.

How can you possibly hate someone you've never met in person?  Probably don't know anyone that knows him personally. What we all know is what we read which is someone else's opinion. I only know he was part of the Chicken and Beer---which I felt merited him being moved in the 2011 offseason for the sake of the team and Lackey. He has been a great teammate according to the press this season. Perhaps he would be a Pen candidate--short term reliever to see how he performs.

He's a Texan, I believe--perhaps he would return a low level prospect from the Astros with the Sox paying some salary. Webster somehow needs to see more time in Boston and probably by July Rubby may be ready for the rotation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michaelkayn. Show Michaelkayn's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

What's the coincidence? it's a center field camera, shooting right down the middle of the field, pretty sure they have one at every ball park these days, anyone with eyes can look at the screen and see that he was getting WAY too much of the plate and less then steller hitters where making solid contact, yea, there was a check swing double and a fluke pop up, but that doesnt mean he pitched well, he pitched bad enough to be in bad situations and loose the game, it's real simple, if he pitches well they win the game, he was given a 3 run lead and couldnt get through 5 innings, he had a bad outing, deal with it.

Camera st the Trop is slightly off center not right behind the pitcher. I know of no park that the camera is directly in a straight line with home. It is one of the better ones though.

Thus you always get a skewerd perception of where the ball crosses the plate

[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying the ball was directly in the absolute center of the plate, my point is he did not pitch well, he was getting too much of the plate, 9 hits in 4.1 innings, whats so hard for people to get about this? he pithed 2 good innings and fell apart, loaded the bases in the 3rd with one out, Middlebrooks made a nice snag on a ball that was hit hard right at him and lackey was lucky to get through that one with out giving up a couple runs, then he did the same thing in the 4th but he wasnt so lucky that time, and he started the same crap in the 5th when they pulled him, yes, there was a fluke hit, and a pop up that dropped in that should of been caught, but had luck been on his side and he made through 5 innings with the lead it still wouldnt change the fact that he didnt have his good stuff.