Lackey MUST Go

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

Lackey MUST Go

We are going to lose the AL East just to give Lackey a chance to earn his huge salary! I'm shutting these guys down mentally until Theo is given the word: Shut down Lackey for the year!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Lackey MUST Go

Give me liberty, or give me Lackey!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

He isn't going anywhere your only hope is the DL, and then we're stuck with Wakefield who is reverting back to his 5+ ERA days. The Sox need Miller to continue with his recent upswing adding a starter, and a lefty at that, will help the Sox weather the storm at the back end of their rotation.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

no Buch til after the break  ---   would be nice to look at another arm   but with his salary  we are stuck with Lackey until 2015 ??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

LACKEY AND WAKEFIELD SPELL DISASTER FOR BOSTON. WE
    MAY WIN A WILD CARD DUE TO THE INEPTITUDE OF THE
    DIVISION, BUT THE RAYS HAVE A BETTER ROTATION THAN
    WE DO. AT LEAST IT'S HEALTHIER WITH SHIELDS, PRICE,
    HELLICKSON, DAVIS, AND NIEMANN. THE SAD THING IS THAT
    THERE'S NOT MUCH HELP OUT THERE, AND WE DON'T HAVE
    ANYONE ON THE FARM WHO'S ANY GOOD. THE YANKS HAVE
    CC, BURNETT, HUGHES, COLON, GARCIA AND NOVA...THAT'S
    A LOT BETTER THAN THE TWO HEALTHY GUYS WE HAVE.
    WAKE, LACKEY, AND MILLER ARE QUESTIONABLE FOR ANY
    KIND OF A PENNANT RUN..WE BETTER HOPE CLAY GETS BACK,
    AND SOON !

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxNation4Ever. Show RedSoxNation4Ever's posts

If his elbow is bothering him, do him and thet eam a favor and get it fixed, even if surgery is the answer.  Troubled by his wife's illenss, struggling to pitch with a bad elbow, and getting ripped on the mound and sports pages just makes a sad situation worse.  The contract isn't going away, get the man healthy and then see if he can hellp!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Just put Lackey on a 5-year DL. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Lackey MUST Go:
    [QUOTE]  If his elbow is bothering him, do him and thet eam a favor and get it fixed, even if surgery is the answer.  Troubled by his wife's illenss, struggling to pitch with a bad elbow, and getting ripped on the mound and sports pages just makes a sad situation worse.  The contract isn't going away, get the man healthy and then see if he can hellp!
    Posted by RedSoxNation4Ever[/QUOTE]

Even tempered common sense has no place in these forums! Shame on you RSN4!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I'm sick of hearing about him and I'm sick of hearing the excuses.  He sucks.  Period.  It's games like today that prove that he can't even give the team a reasonable shot to win.  I'm sick of him.  DL him.  If Tommy John is an option than just DL him and tell him to go get it.  I'm just sick of hearing of these excuses for this truly pathetic pathetic pathetic season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Perhaps we can send Lackey to a concentration camp in North Korea? 

Lackey is a spy sent by the Angels. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Perhaps we can send Lackey to a concentration camp in North Korea?  Lackey is a spy sent by the Angels. 
    Posted by Ice-Cream[/QUOTE].

Hey now, that's a bit personal. Funny, but personal. Don't feel too bad. A. J. Burnout just ghacked up 4 runs in the 7th to put the Yankers behind 4-2. NY has pitching issues of their own.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lackey MUST Go : . Hey now, that's a bit personal. Funny, but personal. Don't feel too bad. A. J. Burnout just ghacked up 4 runs in the 7th to put the Yankers behind 4-2. NY has pitching issues of their own.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Make fun of Burnett all you want but Lackey has taken the crown of most overpaid garbage pitcher in MLB and the Sox have some serious decisions to make with him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lackey MUST Go : Make fun of Burnett all you want but Lackey has taken the crown of most overpaid garbage pitcher in MLB and the Sox have some serious decisions to make with him.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

Ok, I will! LOL... But a loss is a loss is a loss. 4-2 or 9-7 they both count as one in the loss column. If the Indians hold that lead we lost nothing today. Time to move on.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

At least Burnett lasted until the 7th.

If Lackey pitches, then our bullpen will ned to work overtime. 

I think that Lackey is a spy sent by the Angels.  After all, we did eliminate the Angels in 1986, 2004, 2007 and 2008.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]At least Burnett lasted until the 7th. If Lackey pitches, then our bullpen will ned to work overtime.    I think that Lackey is a spy sent by the Angels.  After all, we did eliminate the Angels in 1986, 2004, 2007 and 2008.   
    Posted by Ice-Cream[/QUOTE]

LOL, yeah. I said in April that Crawford was a spy sent by the Rays.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

He must go? Or he has to be shut down? Which is it?

I am more concerned with the numb-skulls who thought last weeks start justified how good Lackey was, rather than the facts: it was an abbreviation.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]He must go? Or he has to be shut down? Which is it? I am more concerned with the numb-skulls who thought last weeks start justified how good Lackey was, rather than the facts: it was an abbreviation.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Thats always Lackeys game as I see it..A great start or 2, then 2 or 3 disasters..Thats why hes basically been a 14-10/ 13-11 type pitcher with around a 4.5 ERA in the AL West..So, as I see it, and saw it at the time, we were getting a little better than a mediocre pitcher for 15.5mil per..And now hes in the AL East..They have the contract for 3.5 more years and they are NOT going to DFA him, so complaining about it is just going to make your hair turn grey and fall out (If its not already)..Hopefully they can get him straight so he can help the Sox. I really dont care how they do it, just as long as steps are being made to right the ship and not cost the Sox anymore games...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

n

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m