Lackey says he WILL pitch well this year!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

Re: Lackey says he WILL pitch well this year!

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

In response to RSdirtdogOR's comment:

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

As a long time BASHER of Lackey, from the minute I saw the "3 Horsemen" take their perp walk in ST his first year, I couldn't stand the guy from the word go.  I knew he was bad news for this team, & I was VERY VOCAL in saying so that ST.  I know he is universally hailed as a "GREAT TEAMMATE" by 99% of his past & present teammates, as he sounds like one hell of a nice guy.  Unfortunately, everything I've seen so far tells me he "LEADS" in all the wrong ways.  Nice guys don't always make good leaders.  Keeping guys loose is not always a good thing.  I firmly believe his form of keeping guys loose leads them to apathy & failure.  AT LEAST SO FAR!!!!!!

Having said all this......  I'm willing to bury the hatchet with Lackey.  I'm more than willing to become his biggest fan!  If he comes to ST ripped, roaring, & ready to go???  I will love the guy like nobody's business.  I love SECOND CHANCES, so I am rooting for the guy to really step it up.  I don't really want to hear about the "injury!"  Move on!  No excuses!!!  Just get it done!!  Time to put on the big boy pants, buck up, & become the kind of teammate the young guys REALLY NEED!  They don't need you to buy them a suit & 10 pitchers, they need to see you work your arrrcs off & do whatever it takes to get back to some semblance of MLB pitching form.

Good article on the front RS page of BDC!

Now go get 'em Johnny!  We've got your back!!!  Just don't pizz us off!  :) 

yawn

Congrats Triumph!  The most intelligible response I have ever seen from you.   :)

Cuddos!  +1  :)

compared to your nonsense?

Lighten up there big dog!  No worries....  Down boy :)  

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to HelloItsMeAgain1's comment:

In response to jasko2248's comment:

2004 still hurts you, doesn't it.  Do you wake up in the middle of the night sweating, checking your ankle to see if it is bleeding?  Does Johnny Damon hit those two Game 7 home runs in a Yankee uniform in your nightmares?  Do you still wince a little when David Ortiz is standing in the on deck circle, even now?  Do you sometimes catch yourself wanting to chant "1918" during a Sox/Yankee game after the Yankees take a lead?  It's okay.  It'll get better over time.  Heckling Red Sox fans on Red Sox message board is all part of the healing. 

Swing and a miss, lindsay.

[/QUOTE]

swing and miss, lindsay? relax, frances?

I see a trend here...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

swing and miss, lindsay? relax, frances?

I see a trend here...

Completely over your head.

I'm not surprised.

[/QUOTE]

Lighten up Francis, i get it...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Lighten up Francis, i get it...

I sincerely doubt it.

[/QUOTE]

A new version of 'I know you are, but what am I?'?

Not a lot going on on the olde dance card?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

A new version of 'I know you are, but what am I?'?

Not a lot going on on the olde dance card?

No, I just don't believe he has a clue. Pretty simple.

[/QUOTE]

Believe what you want, i could care less what some NYY troll thinks anyway...

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Thank god the ignore button is back...

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

Back to Lackey.....

Predictions?

God, I pray he wakes up!  I hope he comes in to ST in great shape!  If he's got an ounce of integrity, he will come back RIPPED / in great pitching shape, wanting to make up for the past.  Start a new & final chapter here in Boston.  Show fans that he actually has the goods, but really did suffer a crippling injury that WAS THE cause for his pathetic pitching!  Come back with a new, revitalized, competative, no excuses, no bs, no hard drinking, no embarrassing his teammates, quasi-leadership role mentality.  If he's got an ounce of pride and intelligence he will do all of those things.  Otherwise, if he comes in soiling the bed as I suspect he will, he will get ripped to shreds by RSN.  And thoroughly deserve it!

So.......  Predictions?

Realistically, I think he has about a 4.90 ERA, with a 6 - 7 record by the mid-summer classic. 

Still.....  Praying for about a 4.00 ERA with a 8 - 4 record 

What say you? 

(cue the big dog triumph with nothing more than a cursory snide comment.  Not much substance there :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Back to Lackey.....

Predictions?

God, I pray he wakes up!  I hope he comes in to ST in great shape!  If he's got an ounce of integrity, he will come back RIPPED / in great pitching shape, wanting to make up for the past.  Start a new & final chapter here in Boston.  Show fans that he actually has the goods, but really did suffer a crippling injury that WAS THE cause for his pathetic pitching!  Come back with a new, revitalized, competative, no excuses, no bs, no hard drinking, no embarrassing his teammates, quasi-leadership role mentality.  If he's got an ounce of pride and intelligence he will do all of those things.  Otherwise, if he comes in soiling the bed as I suspect he will, he will get ripped to shreds by RSN.  And thoroughly deserve it!

So.......  Predictions?

Realistically, I think he has about a 4.90 ERA, with a 6 - 7 record by the mid-summer classic. 

What say you? 

(cue the big dog triumph with nothing more than a cursory snide comment.  Not much substance there :)

I think he might come out of the gates a little slow, which is to be expected. But I can also see 12-14 wins, around 10 losses and an ERA around 4.25...

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

Back to Lackey.....

Predictions?

So.......  Predictions?

What say you? 

I think he might come out of the gates a little slow, which is to be expected. But I can also see 12-14 wins, around 10 losses and an ERA around 4.25...

12 - 14 wins by the mid-summer classic?  Seriously?  Or do you mean by season's end?

If he got 12 - 14 by mid-season I would be extatic!!!  :)   No way that happens! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Back to Lackey.....

Predictions?

So.......  Predictions?

What say you? 

12 - 14 wins by the mid-summer classic?  Seriously?  Or do you mean by season's end?

If he got 12 - 14 by mid-season I would be extatic!!!  :)   No way that happens! 

I meant for the whole season...

That would be incredible if he did. I highly doubt it though...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Believe what you want, i could care less what some NYY troll thinks anyway...

Obviously you do or you wouldn't have bothered to reply.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe he's just doing a psychological experiment to see how long he can keep NYY fans on here.  Rumor has it that you once spent 8 hours in here because someone said 'good morning' to you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Weak.

Weak-minded.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Back to Lackey.....

Predictions?

So.......  Predictions?

What say you? 

Realistic expectations for Lackey by the end of the year: 4.45, 11 wins, 11 losses. Anything better than that from our #5 SP is a bonus.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Weak.

Weak-minded.

who?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Back to Lackey.....

Predictions?

So.......  Predictions?

What say you? 

Realistic expectations for Lackey by the end of the year: 4.45, 11 wins, 11 losses. Anything better than that from our #5 SP is a bonus.

Probably a very realistic prediction for the entire season.  Unfortunately, I think he'll end up over 5.00 ERA.  If our bats live up to max expectations, he still could eek out 14 wins, but highly doubtful. 

I'm still praying for the highly improbable, where the bats bail him out the entire season, & he picks up a cool 15 wins despite the near 5.00 ERA.  :)  Fingers crossed!

Sections
Shortcuts