Lackey says he WILL pitch well this year!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Lackey says he WILL pitch well this year!

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to HelloItsMeAgain1's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Thank god the ignore button is back...

Weak.

Weak-minded.

who?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to RSdirtdogOR's comment:

Back to Lackey.....

Predictions?

God, I pray he wakes up!  I hope he comes in to ST in great shape!  If he's got an ounce of integrity, he will come back RIPPED / in great pitching shape, wanting to make up for the past.  Start a new & final chapter here in Boston.  Show fans that he actually has the goods, but really did suffer a crippling injury that WAS THE cause for his pathetic pitching!  Come back with a new, revitalized, competative, no excuses, no bs, no hard drinking, no embarrassing his teammates, quasi-leadership role mentality.  If he's got an ounce of pride and intelligence he will do all of those things.  Otherwise, if he comes in soiling the bed as I suspect he will, he will get ripped to shreds by RSN.  And thoroughly deserve it!

So.......  Predictions?

Realistically, I think he has about a 4.90 ERA, with a 6 - 7 record by the mid-summer classic. 

Still.....  Praying for about a 4.00 ERA with a 8 - 4 record 

What say you? 

(cue the big dog triumph with nothing more than a cursory snide comment.  Not much substance there :)

Realistic expectations for Lackey by the end of the year: 4.45, 11 wins, 11 losses. Anything better than that from our #5 SP is a bonus.

Probably a very realistic prediction for the entire season.  Unfortunately, I think he'll end up over 5.00 ERA.  If our bats live up to max expectations, he still could eek out 14 wins, but highly doubtful. 

I'm still praying for the highly improbable, where the bats bail him out the entire season, & he picks up a cool 15 wins despite the near 5.00 ERA.  :)  Fingers crossed!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Back to Lackey.....

Predictions?

God, I pray he wakes up!  I hope he comes in to ST in great shape!  If he's got an ounce of integrity, he will come back RIPPED / in great pitching shape, wanting to make up for the past.  Start a new & final chapter here in Boston.  Show fans that he actually has the goods, but really did suffer a crippling injury that WAS THE cause for his pathetic pitching!  Come back with a new, revitalized, competative, no excuses, no bs, no hard drinking, no embarrassing his teammates, quasi-leadership role mentality.  If he's got an ounce of pride and intelligence he will do all of those things.  Otherwise, if he comes in soiling the bed as I suspect he will, he will get ripped to shreds by RSN.  And thoroughly deserve it!

So.......  Predictions?

Realistically, I think he has about a 4.90 ERA, with a 6 - 7 record by the mid-summer classic. 

Still.....  Praying for about a 4.00 ERA with a 8 - 4 record 

What say you? 

(cue the big dog triumph with nothing more than a cursory snide comment.  Not much substance there :)

Realistic expectations for Lackey by the end of the year: 4.45, 11 wins, 11 losses. Anything better than that from our #5 SP is a bonus.

Probably a very realistic prediction for the entire season.  Unfortunately, I think he'll end up over 5.00 ERA.  If our bats live up to max expectations, he still could eek out 14 wins, but highly doubtful. 

I'm still praying for the highly improbable, where the bats bail him out the entire season, & he picks up a cool 15 wins despite the near 5.00 ERA.  :)  Fingers crossed!

With the bullpen we have this year and Bard looking like his old self, they could help get a few extra wins for our starters if they struggle...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

That's it!  I'm putting on my teacher hat.  You boys are separated!  You can go to recess, but stay away from eachother.  Don't even look at eachother!  Not even a glance!  Do you understand me?

LOL :)    OK.....  whatever......  have at eachother !

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

That's it!  I'm putting on my teacher hat.  You boys are separated!  You can go to recess, but stay away from eachother.  Don't even look at eachother!  Not even a glance!  Do you understand me?

LOL :)    OK.....  whatever......  have at eachother !

I already put him on ignore, so I have no idea what hes been saying...Ive got no time for people like that...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

btw....  what are the crazy gold stars all about.  If I were one of my students, I would really want one.  Ok ok...  I admit it.  I really want one, but I don't know how to get one.  That's the problem with this society, it's the lack of clear expectations.  If I knew what I had to do I would do it.  I just want my fair share!  What do I have to do?  Suck up to Dottie?  Agree with Stiffy's crazy rants?  Tell Moon I love his avatar?  What's the secret?  How does one get an elusive gold star?  Actually, they're not that elusive.  Everybody else has one, so why not me?

LOL  :)  I want my GD gold star now!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

btw....  what are the crazy gold stars all about.  If I were one of my students, I would really want one.  Ok ok...  I admit it.  I really want one, but I don't know how to get one.  That's the problem with this society, it's the lack of clear expectations.  If I knew what I had to do I would do it.  I just want my fair share!  What do I have to do?  Suck up to Dottie?  Agree with Stiffy's crazy rants?  Tell Moon I love his avatar?  What's the secret?  How does one get an elusive gold star?  Actually, they're not that elusive.  Everybody else has one, so why not me?

Was wondering the same thing. What are they there for?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Probably a very realistic prediction for the entire season. Unfortunately, I think he'll end up over 5.00 ERA. If our bats live up to max expectations, he still could eek out 14 wins, but highly doubtful.

I'm still praying for the highly improbable, where the bats bail him out the entire season, & he picks up a cool 15 wins despite the near 5.00 ERA. :) Fingers crossed!

Still, those numbers (mine) are not bad for a #5 SP, which is what he is until he proves otherwise. Our problem is not that our #5 is so bad, its that we don't have a #1 or a #2 SP. We have a lot of mediocre SP.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

The gold stars are supposed to mark the posts you haven't read yet. :-)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

The gold stars are supposed to mark the posts you haven't read yet. :-)

Thanks carnie :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

Probably a very realistic prediction for the entire season. Unfortunately, I think he'll end up over 5.00 ERA. If our bats live up to max expectations, he still could eek out 14 wins, but highly doubtful.

I'm still praying for the highly improbable, where the bats bail him out the entire season, & he picks up a cool 15 wins despite the near 5.00 ERA. :) Fingers crossed!

Still, those numbers (mine) are not bad for a #5 SP, which is what he is until he proves otherwise. Our problem is not that our #5 is so bad, its that we don't have a #1 or a #2 SP. We have a lot of mediocre SP.

Agreed!  Buch showed signs of getting there last year, but was still relatively unpredictable.  He's a decent #3.  Lester???  Who the hell knows.  Which brings up my biggest problem with Lackey.  Since coming aboard, I have noticed a definitive unhinging of Lester on the mound.  His attitude sux (is it ok to say sux).  He loses it over the slightest thing!  He's got to get his chit together.  It's all about the head game with him, and I think Lackey has been a major distraction with him.  The negativity coming from Dice-k, Beckett, & Lackey seem to have completely de-railed Lester.  The lack of a work ethic led to Buch's injuries (IMO...  based solely on nothing more than a feeling & reading between the lines).  Problem!  Lackey is still around.  Can't say that I like it!!!  If it were up to me, I would dump him for a bucket of balls.  I think it's all about his unprofessional, fun guy, I'll get the tab if you get blowed with me, tweek the system, subvert authority, attitude.  Perhaps I duth protesteth too much, but it is what it is with this guy.  I still say he's a cancer.

I hope to heck I'm wrong!!!!  I will still root for him to do well!!!!  I will gladly EAT CROW!  Mea Culpas all around.  I really hope I have to do that, & unlike the Stiff One, I will step up to the plate & take my plunking!  :)  Show me Lack!  Just flippin do it! 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

This gold star system is quite counterintuitive!  I will lodge a sternly worded complaint to Dottie!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Agreed!  Buch showed signs of getting there last year, but was still relatively unpredictable.  He's a decent #3.  Lester???  Who the hell knows.  Which brings up my biggest problem with Lackey.  Since coming aboard, I have noticed a definitive unhinging of Lester on the mound.  His attitude sux (is it ok to say sux).  He loses it over the slightest thing!  He's got to get his chit together.  It's all about the head game with him, and I think Lackey has been a major distraction with him.  The negativity coming from Dice-k, Beckett, & Lackey seem to have completely de-railed Lester.  The lack of a work ethic led to Buch's injuries (IMO...  based solely on nothing more than a feeling & reading between the lines).  Problem!  Lackey is still around.  Can't say that I like it!!!  If it were up to me, I would dump him for a bucket of balls.  I think it's all about his unprofessional, fun guy, I'll get the tab if you get blowed with me, tweek the system, subvert authority, attitude.  Perhaps I duth protesteth too much, but it is what it is with this guy.  I still say he's a cancer.

I hope to heck I'm wrong!!!!  I will still root for him to do well!!!!  I will gladly EAT CROW!  Mea Culpas all around.  I really hope I have to do that, & unlike the Stiff One, I will step up to the plate & take my plunking!  :)  Show me Lack!  Just flippin do it! 

I think it was Beckett that was the problem. Lester picked up a few bad habits from him. With Farrell back I think Lester will revert back to his normal stats, which is a TOTR starter.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

Probably a very realistic prediction for the entire season. Unfortunately, I think he'll end up over 5.00 ERA. If our bats live up to max expectations, he still could eek out 14 wins, but highly doubtful

I think it was Beckett that was the problem. Lester picked up a few bad habits from him. With Farrell back I think Lester will revert back to his normal stats, which is a TOTR starter.

Beckett wasn't a problem until Lackey showed up.  Next, they paraded around the "3 horsemen," & things started immediately falling over the cliff in ST.  When Dice-K & Lackey got "hurt," & fans started riding them hard, Lackey started adopting the FFFF them attitude toward RS fans.  That seems to be about the time the hard drinking started.  It's clear they all stopped listening to Francona, & Francona was not in a good place to deal with it.  So....  He ignored it, and the festering continued unabaited. 

Just my read on it.  (as I've said, strictly reading between the lines!  Lotta lines to read between though.)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Probably a very realistic prediction for the entire season. Unfortunately, I think he'll end up over 5.00 ERA. If our bats live up to max expectations, he still could eek out 14 wins, but highly doubtful

Beckett wasn't a problem until Lackey showed up.  Next, they paraded around the "3 horsemen," & things started immediately falling over the cliff in ST.  When Dice-K & Lackey got "hurt," & fans started riding them hard, Lackey started adopting the FFFF them attitude toward RS fans.  That seems to be about the time the hard drinking started.  It's clear they all stopped listening to Francona, & Francona was not in a good place to deal with it.  So....  He ignored it, and the festering continued unabaited. 

Just my read on it.  (as I've said, strictly reading between the lines!  Lotta lines to read between though.)

That's been my thinking too. EnchiladaT once said that he thought Lackey was a saboteur sent over by the Angels to destroy the Red Sox from within. I think there's some merit to that argument. :-)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

The only reason I say beckett is because Lester adopted a couple habits that Beckett was known for. He started taking forever in between pitches even though hes much better working at a quicker pace. He started staring down umpires like Beckett does, etc...I do agree that Lackey didnt help things though.

The 3 of them together was not good. They seperated themselves from the rest of the team and formed their own clique, which is never good on any team. I guess we'll see how things go this year. if they go smoothly, then we know it was Beckett...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Weak-minded.

Exactly what I was referring to, weak minded.

Nice to see that we actually agree on something.

[/QUOTE]

That's why I don't have you on ignore.  You already admitted to being weak-minded, and i take that into consideration when you post.  I like it when a person understands their limitations.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Thank god the ignore button is back...

Weak.

Weak-minded.

who?

Helloit'sme, of course.  It is illogical to read someone's posts if you feel those posts will add nothing to the conversation.  There are some in many, many in fact, that provide very insightful posts.  Then there are others, like ADG and Geo, that are here for comic relief.  And then are some that just need to be put on ignore, because they cannot entertain us with their insight, nor their stupidity.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

if you click on the star/# of posts button on the front page it will automatically take you to the last unread post on the thread. i think its pretty useful

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

if you click on the star/# of posts button on the front page it will automatically take you to the last unread post on the thread. i think its pretty useful

Ah!  Thanks!  :)

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

Just watched the NESN interview with lackey from ST.  I know I shouldn't be optimistic, as I've been as pesimistic with respect to Lackey as humanly possible, but I liked what he had to say.  No animosity!  No bitterness with the fans!  He sounds pumped & ready to roll.  No preemptive excuse making.  HE LOOKS MARKEDLY THINNER! 

OK.....  I'm changing my tune 180 degrees.  He will be the Cy Young winner :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

I gotta tell you.  Watching Lackey in the interview, & then doing some goofing off with TC after the interview, I can't get over how lean the guy looks!!  At least it gives me hope that the guy is really going to give this a serious go.  :)  I do hope he pitches better than he throws beanbags.

I'm all for fresh starts!  Let's go Lack!

Sections
Shortcuts