Lackey says he WILL pitch well this year!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Lackey says he WILL pitch well this year!

I know every year a player comes into spring training in great shape then stink it up all year.  So fitness doesn't equate t results all the time, and Lackey may be the candidate this year ....but he does look like he's in really really good shape.  

His ERA may or may not lower.....but his BF% and resting heart rate certainly will.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

I know every year a player comes into spring training in great shape then stink it up all year.  So fitness doesn't equate t results all the time, and Lackey may be the candidate this year ....but he does look like he's in really really good shape.  

His ERA may or may not lower.....but his BF% and resting heart rate certainly will.

I agree, especially for pitchers, the BF% & general "flabbiness" factor often have zero correlation to their pitching effectiveness.  At least on paper that is.  Anecdotally speaking though, I personally think it can be a decent indicator of how a guy will hold up over the season.  It really is a tough thing with pitchers though!  With that I definitely agree.

Still....  It says to me that the guy took to heart some of what was being said about him.  Whether or not it translates, I'm very happy with the way he looks!  More important....  I like his attitude so far! 

Good on him!  :)

I will at least wait til directly after, no....  during his first start to start bashing him.  :)

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

In response to RSdirtdogOR's comment:

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

I agree, especially for pitchers, the BF% & general "flabbiness" factor often have zero correlation to their pitching effectiveness.  At least on paper that is.  Anecdotally speaking though, I personally think it can be a decent indicator of how a guy will hold up over the season.  It really is a tough thing with pitchers though!  With that I definitely agree.

Still....  It says to me that the guy took to heart some of what was being said about him.  Whether or not it translates, I'm very happy with the way he looks!  More important....  I like his attitude so far! 

Good on him!  :)

I will at least wait til directly after, no....  during his first start to start bashing him.  :)

pink hat

Give it a rest.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

Another deep thought from the barking dog

Sections
Shortcuts