Lackey showing up Francona on national TV yesterday.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re: Lackey showing up Francona on national TV yesterday.

Lackey can take a p**p on the mound for all I care.  As long as he helps the Red Sox win. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Lackey showing up Francona on national TV yesterday.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Lackey showing up Francona on national TV yesterday. : It wasn't national tv, but the attitude is consistent even with his days in Cali.  Taking him out of a game has often been a moment flashpoint. I think it's irritating to us to see it, but since he was finally starting to pitch farely wellI can see his side some.  Of the 33 times he could help the team, his opportunities are shrinking and he wanted to make the best/most of it. I still don't like the drama queen bit, but I sorta understand.
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

To be honest, S.Y., Lackey was at 107 pitches and just hit a batter.
    The game could have gotten out of hand with one more fatigue mistake.
    I feel for his situation, everything considered, but it was a pct. move and Lackey took it as a slight.
    What motivates him serves as a detractor as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Word is the guys in the clubhouse love him..I think he respects Tito too much to show him up..None of us know how Lackeys reactions are taken by the team..Or what is said behind closed doors..For any of us to say for sure that hes showing guys up, although it may look like it, just may not be the case..Hes an emotional guy on the field so that can be interpreted in different ways..Bottom line..If the Sox are OK with it, then I am..If there is a problem Im sure it would be taken care of internally..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Right. He should be more like Drew, and just let it roll off his back. But then people would be complaining that he lacked emotion.

Lackey is under a microscope in Boston, and will continue to be scrutinized unless or until he's a 20 game winner.
    At least he goes to work every 5th day.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Maybe you can chalk some of it up to pitchers being in sort of a psychotic state when they pitch.  Beckett pitched brilliantly last night but the camera caught him cursing and swearing on several occasions, at Rays hitters or at their dugout, it was hard to tell.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]Right. He should be more like Drew, and just let it roll off his back. But then people would be complaining that he lacked emotion. Lackey is under a microscope in Boston, and will continue to be scrutinized unless or until he's a 20 game winner. At least he goes to work every 5th day.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]Well stated. It seems to me winning is a great mouthwash for this kind of stuff. Nobody got on Lowe for Lowe face when he won 20 games but were all over him when he struggle in 2004. People nit picked Ortiz when he was scuffling at the starts of 09 and 10 but defend much of the same stuff (the slow HR trots, failure to run every ball out, moaning about every call) when he is going good.

Lackey is a demonstrative player. He will throw up his arms when a close play isn't made, cuss himself if he throws a meatball an protest ever being removed from a game. To further annoy some, he is a total optimist who lives by thinking in even in the face of a beating that he was only a bit off, making his pressers after losses maddening for the media and fans a like who want him to be apologetic for every loss. All that has being exaggerated by the expectations his contract brought in 2010 and his truly awful start to 2011.

But I think those who actually work with him view it differently and see a guy who really cares, really competes.

And in the end as important as it is to entertain fans, the approval of his mates is probably a lot more important.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lackey showing up Francona on national TV yesterday. : Well stated. It seems to me winning is a great mouthwashfor this kind of stuff. Nobody got on Lowe for Lowe face when he won 20 games but were all over him when he struggle in 2004. People nit picked Ortiz when he was scuffling at the starts of 09 and 10 but defend much of the same stuff (the slow HR trots, failure to run every ball out, moaning about every call) when he is going good. Lackey is a demonstrative player. He will throw up his arms when a close play isn't made, cuss himself if he throws a meatball an protest ever being removed from a game. To further annoy some, he is a total optimist who lives by thinking in even in the face of a beating that he was only a bit off, making his pressers after losses maddening for the media and fans a like who want him to be apologetic for every loss. All that has being exaggerated by the expectations his contract brought in 2010 and his truly awful start to 2011. But I think those who actually work with him view it differently and see a guy who really cares, really competes. And in the end as important as it is to entertain fans, the approval of his mates is probably a lot more important.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

Very good points, except that I'm used to the analogy of winning being a good deodorant rather than a mouthwash.  I guess any  number of household toiletries will do. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe you can chalk some of it up to pitchers being in sort of a psychotic state when they pitch.  Beckett pitched brilliantly last night but the camera caught him cursing and swearing on several occasions, at Rays hitters or at their dugout, it was hard to tell.  
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

Pitchers are a breed of their own.  Especially closers.  Some of them are whack jobs, for sure.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfanwest. Show soxfanwest's posts

Living in So-cal, seeing Lackey pitch for the Angels for a lot of years I'll tell you this is nothing new for him. He treated Soscia the same way. The guy plays with a lot of emotion whether he's winning or losing. He's not afraid to voice his opinion to any manager. I'm not saying it's right that he does it with a camera on him, but I don't think Francona cares.