Lackey update

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Lackey update

This is from BDC. Its an out of an interview with Lucchino on WEEI:

Lucchino had a bit of news Monday morning, saying that based on his understanding of it, an MRI on John Lackey’s arm revealed a mid-biceps strain and nothing more serious.

“My information is incomplete, but my understanding of his MRI is that he had a mid-biceps strain, no structural damage,” said Lucchino. “When you watched it you couldn’t help but feel sad for John Lackey, who by the way is a very good guy. I know the public perception may be different than that, but he is a great teammate. I think he’s going to miss a start or two, I’m told, but let’s hope it’s not much more than that.”

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

That's good news.  Lackey looked great vs. Toronto.  

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to NerdatMIT's comment:

Great news from the MRI. Thanks for the information.

Lucchino did say that his information is incomplete. That leaves some wiggle room. I will feel better when we know for sure about the severity of the injury.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

This is from BDC. Its an out of an interview with Lucchino on WEEI:

Lucchino had a bit of news Monday morning, saying that based on his understanding of it, an MRI on John Lackey’s arm revealed a mid-biceps strain and nothing more serious.

“My information is incomplete, but my understanding of his MRI is that he had a mid-biceps strain, no structural damage,” said Lucchino. “When you watched it you couldn’t help but feel sad for John Lackey, who by the way is a very good guy. I know the public perception may be different than that, but he is a great teammate. I think he’s going to miss a start or two, I’m told, but let’s hope it’s not much more than that.”

He'll be back. Not career ending like some radio yackers are saying.

Very good news.

Lackey may not miss more than a start, or two.

You can't really blame the radio "yakkers".

The way he grabbed his arm, it looked like another elbow reconstruction was on the way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Once they give an "official" update about it only being a biceps strain and not structural, Ill feel better.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

The very good news is it sounds like the injury had nothing to do with his elbow or shoulder.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

I'm glad it's nothing major....however, most athletes will tell you that a lot of times the injury heals a lot sooner than the 'mind' does.  I wonder if there will be any lingering effects from a mental standpoint.  This is the second issue with the same arm.  I wonder if he will not pitch with the same intensity for a bit wondering if the arm is indeed ok?  Don't be shocked to see him lose a bit of snap to the curve and a few MPH from the fast ball for a little while.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

I'm glad it's nothing major....however, most athletes will tell you that a lot of times the injury heals a lot sooner than the 'mind' does.  I wonder if there will be any lingering effects from a mental standpoint.  This is the second issue with the same arm.  I wonder if he will not pitch with the same intensity for a bit wondering if the arm is indeed ok?  Don't be shocked to see him lose a bit of snap to the curve and a few MPH from the fast ball for a little while.

He should not be sent back out there until he is 100% IMO, including his velocity. If the information we are being given is correct, thats its an injury to the muscle rather than the ligaments or tendons, then he should heal more rapidly than if the reverse were true. Muscles have a good blood supply, in contrast to ligaments and tendons, and therefore healing is faster. I hope they do not revise their information at a later time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I got absolutely no problem with fredo taking Lak's next start to give his arm time to rest,heal and rebound. trust in our trainers. give thanks to the red sox gawds that all it is is a strained bicep muscle.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Not that I have any faith that the Red Sox are actually telling the truth about Lackey's injury..but I hope it is nothing serious.

I have always believed in the possibility of redemption (in some people). I thought that..in spite of his history..Lackey worked really hard to rehab..and prove himself. Based on spring training it certainly looked like he was going to have a great season.

What I had to laugh at is the pink hats who jumped right on Twitter and FB and started blaming his injury on beer and fried chicken..or on underconditioning. If the Sox are being truthful about the injury then it is more likely caused by overconditioning .

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I feel bad for Lackey but there is no real drop off with Aceves going out there IMO.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

i am hopeful that it is season ending. 

i would rather have any member of this board on the bump instead of Lackey....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

I feel bad for Lackey but there is no real drop off with Aceves going out there IMO.

Dunno Snake.  Aceves has been pretty shaky thus far and Lackey, for what five innings are worth in analysis, looked better than he has looked in years.