Lackey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Lackey

It seems that Lackey is quickly reverting back to his "Lackless" status.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Re: Lackey

Lackey is Lackey and will ALWAYS be Lackey! Some good, some bad, mostly like most all of Major League Baseball, BLAH, BLAH and more BLAH!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Did you think the guy was never going to have a bad game again?

This is what I mean about how RSN (bandwagon nation) is always so eager to throw a guy UNDER THE BUS.

"All the president is, is a glorified public relations man who spends his time flattering, kissing and kicking people to get them to do what they are supposed to do anyway." - Harry S. Truman

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

He has a bad game and now hes "lackless"? Another Fair weather fan...

in the last 2 months he has 10QS and has averages about 7IP per game. 9 of those QS he gave up less than 3ER. Although he hasnt pitched as good the last couple games is hardly cause for panic like you and a few other "fans" do here...

Im sure your very "concerned" about it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Is it just me does it seem like tensions are rising on this board?

I'll tell you what, a few losses and a looming trade deadline definitely makes for some interesting conversation. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to bingobilly's comment:

One bad game? The guy has been great all year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Even if Lackey's performance falls off a little bit for the rest of the year keep in mind he hasn't pitched a full healthy season in over two years.   A few bad starts is in no way an indictment on what he has done to come back and be healthy.  I hope that he has a new perspective on his career now as a lot of guys when they reach his age either fall off or they become more determined and put the work in to be healthy.   

And if John Lackey does perform more around a 4.50 era for the rest of the year I'll be hopefull that he can come back next year and be this good all year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

So far Lackey,much to my surprise,has been the ACE of the Red Sox staff this year.Getting on him about one bad game is just plain silly.He's got the second best ERA (3.19) for a Sox starter and the only starter to have a better ERA has been on the DL for quite a while.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

You left out "overpaid".

Unbelievable...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

So far Lackey,much to my surprise,has been the ACE of the Red Sox staff this year.Getting on him about one bad game is just plain silly.He's got the second best ERA (3.19) for a Sox starter and the only starter to have a better ERA has been on the DL for quite a while.

Lackey has indeed been a pleasant surprise, and I don't downgrade his performance this year because of one or two bad games. That said, while he is the best SP on the team right now, he is no ace. At best he is a #2 SP. We have no ace. And that is the essence of our problem. Lackey is not going to lead us to the promised land.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

[QUOTE]

Lackey has indeed been a pleasant surprise, and I don't downgrade his performance this year because of one or two bad games. That said, while he is the best SP on the team right now, he is no ace. At best he is a #2 SP. We have no ace. And that is the essence of our problem. Lackey is not going to lead us to the promised land.

[/QUOTE]

I bet you think Verlander is an ace with his 3.99 ERA though.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

Did you think the guy was never going to have a bad game again?

This is what I mean about how RSN (bandwagon nation) is always so eager to throw a guy UNDER THE BUS.

"All the president is, is a glorified public relations man who spends his time flattering, kissing and kicking people to get them to do what they are supposed to do anyway." - Harry S. Truman

He's probably a yank fan trying to push your button

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

One bad game? The guy has been great all year.

Agree.  Most pitchers have a bad game once in a while.   We still have to be happy with Lackey's success this season.