Lackey's error--two thoughts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: Lackey's error--two thoughts

In response to ADG's comment:

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

You know the answer and IMHO just trying to put something on Lackey.

ANY error that should have been the last out means all runs there after are unearned. 

It's actually a very good point and I mentioned it yesterday. In some ways, they should be earned because the pitcher earned it and it wasn't caused by a teammate's bad play.

The issue you bring up is valid but it is akin to saying he made the error on purpose and we know that is not true.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to stapleton's comment:

Let's change the earned run rules because we hate Lackey.

I dont get it. Hes worked his butt off (literally) to get back, and has actually pitched pretty well over all this year. He had a setback with the biceps, some bad luck, a couple dumb plays like the error, and not enough run support. But his pitching itself has not been bad.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Hard to hate Lackey this year when he has pitched so well.  The OP was written because of the loss which was caused by an old irritant, pitcher errors.  I believe I even gave Lackey credit for pitching the 7th after the debacle.