Lacky Pitched A Huge Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Lacky Pitched A Huge Game

6+, 3 ER and left with the lead, not great but it was enough tonight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Re: Lacky Pitched A Huge Game

Lackey did great. And it is about time. He kept the BoSOX in the game for sure. Great bullpen work tonight. Well done.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

4 ER. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tang1. Show tang1's posts

In Response to Lacky Pitched A Huge Game:
    [QUOTE]6+, 3 ER and left with the lead, not great but it was enough tonight.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

WELL...THE SOX HAVE FOUND AN ANSWER TO GRANDERSON !!
    JACOBY ELLSBURY !!!  HE MAY HAVE 10 LESS HOMERUNS, BUT
    GRANDERSON IS HITTING THEM IN A BANDBOX.  JACOBY
    HITS THEM DEEP.  NOW....THEY WILL GET INTO BALTIMORE
    ABOUT  3  AM IN THE MORNING !  WHO WILL PITCH TOMORROW ?
    IS THERE ANY ONE LEFT ??  BECKETT PITCHED THURSDAY.
    THAT'S ONLY 3 DAYS REST, I THINK.  MILLER IS USELESS,
    ACEVES PITCHED TODAY....WHO DO WE HAVE ?? 
    CAN BUCHHOLZ GIVE US THREE OR FOUR INNINGS ?  IF HE
    CAN...THAT MAY BE PART OF THE ANSWER. THE PROBLEM IS
    THAT ACEVES, MORALES WERE USED TODAY. PAPELBON AND
    BARD WOULD HAVE TO EXTEND THEMSELVES.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tang1. Show tang1's posts

yea, but where are all the lackey fans, lestor threw meatballs yesterday, and all you here is how bad lackey sucks, if it wasnt for tec rotten throw ,he would have pitched a great game, something that we have not seen in a while

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

I have not been one of those upset with Lackey this season becasue up to now I didn't think he was capable of a good game...thought he just did not have it any more. Now I know he can I'm kind of pissed about the rest of the season.

But since I am the forgiving type..if we make the playoffs and he keeps it up, given he is the 3rd pitcher, all is well.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Looking at the ALDS schedule....despite it being only 5 games....those 5 games are in 7 Days....so if the Sox do make the playoffs, unless you pitch the Game 1 Starter(Lester) on 3 days rest you would need 4 starters....so that measn even if Bedard was the 3...Lackey would be pitching a big game for us in the playoffs....unless someone wants to see Wake pitch it....so this performance was a big one for him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tang1. Show tang1's posts

In Response to Re: Lacky Pitched A Huge Game:
    [QUOTE]Looking at the ALDS schedule....despite it being only 5 games....those 5 games are in 7 Days....so if the Sox do make the playoffs, unless you pitch the Game 1 Starter(Lester) on 3 days rest you would need 4 starters....so that measn even if Bedard was the 3...Lackey would be pitching a big game for us in the playoffs....unless someone wants to see Wake pitch it....so this performance was a big one for him.
    Posted by tomnev[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tang1. Show tang1's posts

tom at this point i would take bedard over lestor,  he has been awfull, i dont know what his problem is but he is not pthching like the lestor we saw last year. he is stuck in a first innig rutthrowing 40 pitches in one innig equls a disaster for the pen, i hope bucholz is ready next year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Looking at the ALDS schedule....despite it being only 5 games....those 5 games are in 7 Days....so if the Sox do make the playoffs, unless you pitch the Game 1 Starter(Lester) on 3 days rest you would need 4 starters....so that measn even if Bedard was the 3...Lackey would be pitching a big game for us in the playoffs....unless someone wants to see Wake pitch it....so this performance was a big one for him.
    Posted by tomnev[/QUOTE]

That's a critical point.

Beckett pitching Monday lines him up for Game 2 and game 5 (on short rest).
    Pitching Bedard Tuesday puts him in game 3.
    Lester is lined up for Game 1. And then game 4 (short rest).

The only thing that would alter this, as you said, is pitching Lester Wednesday, on 3 days rest, but considering his early exit Saturday, it's not a big deal.
    Let's hope they clinch it before Wednesday, or it might become one.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

In Response to Lacky Pitched A Huge Game:
    [QUOTE]6+, 3 ER and left with the lead, not great but it was enough tonight.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE]

Oh sure, Bo - Give him the Cy Young right!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lacky Pitched A Huge Game : That's a critical point. Beckett pitching Monday lines him up for Game 2 and game 5 (on short rest). Pitching Bedard Tuesday puts him in game 3. Lester is lined up for Game 1. And then game 4 (short rest). The only thing that would alter this, as you said, is pitching Lester Wednesday, on 3 days rest, but considering his early exit Saturday, it's not a big deal. Let's hope they clinch it before Wednesday, or it might become one.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Hey harness
    That would certainly be ideal...as we stand today up 1 in the loss column we just need to take care of buisness and win the series to garantee at least a 1 game playoff and if we sweep we're in...regardless of what Tampa does..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Bean: Who do you think would pitch a possible tie-breaker for Boston (Thursday)?