Lamont and Luvello?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Lamont and Luvello?

Really?  These are the 2 "new names" on the Mgr list?

<vomit />

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Re: Lamont and Luvello?

Not sure who you are thinking the Sox are going to hire but the pickings are slim this year among big name managers and the Sox are not exactly the most desired job in MLB right now.  St Louis and Chicago will probably fill their manager position before the Sox do.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

In Response to Lamont and Luvello?:
    [QUOTE]Really?  These are the 2 "new names" on the Mgr list? <vomit />
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]
    I agree, but probably great Yes Men, ergo they are on the list. Meanwhile Tito is interviewing for the Cards job, the Royals and Giants make a trade...for a pitcher and outfielder, other teams are zeroing in on some key players, while we are still in interview mode for a Manager. Seems like we are behind the eight ball. Oh, and when are we going to put the Cubs compensation for Theo to bed? We are off to a very, very slow start here to the hot stove which does not bode well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

Cubs  now offering     some   Chicago style pizza as compensation..

Sox are negotiating with rally beer crew  as  to what toppings they want.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BVTsoxfan. Show BVTsoxfan's posts

I'd like to see Pena & Martinez come in for an interview.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonman1025. Show Bostonman1025's posts

I agree with you BVTsoxfan, but between the two Luvello and Lamont, I rather Lamont. Lamont has experience as a Manager, eventhough it was awhile ago. He is also old school, or at least seems like it, worked under Jimy Williams and Jim Leyland.  I like him as our next manager.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

What happened to Ozzie? Is he retired? Guillen would be exactly what the Sox need......bring the prima-donnas down a few notches.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Never mind. I see that FL has him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

How about Schil? Wouldn't he make a good manager?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Lamont and Luvello?:
    [QUOTE]Really?  These are the 2 "new names" on the Mgr list? <vomit />
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Clean up that upchuck and buck up Illy.  They are doing their due dilligence by interviewing a good number of candidates.  Doubt either of these two fine gentlemen end up overseeing this circus.  But I am glad that the FO is doing their due dilligence.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Even Abrahams spelled it two different ways in two successive sentences. 

I am not a Tony Mazz fan at all, but he has an excellent article on what the inclusion of Lamont and Lovullo might really mean as Cherington searches for new management and coaches.  Both men have previous relationships with the Sox, and both offer experience and talent that the Sox could benefit from.  I just hope something develops soon, as I think the search is putting the Sox behind other teams in the FA and trade markets.  Cannot know who to go after and who to let walk until the new man is in town.

BTW, found it interesting to read that Lovullo (I think it was) was VERY high on Kalish.  Should he land the manager's post, it could affect how the Sox view the RF vacancy and proceed on the FA and trade markets.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

The Manager hiring will not impact FA.  It's not like football where certain players fit particular schemes.  Baseball, of the 4 major sports, is the least impacted.  granted the Manager puts the horses out, and, yes there are differences in players, but again not as dreastic as the other sports.  So don't worry they are not falling behind.  I think if you are a first tier guy, what I mean is that you are a starter, whoever the Manager is won't matter as much.  I think if you are a utility guy you may stop and ponder who the Manager is to see if it's a godd fit for you as a player.  But that's about it.  (You think Crawford was infleunced by who the Manger when he came here?.....Nope....the Benjamins).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I like Lovullo, right age for the job, mid 40s, and he's hungry. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I am not a Dale Wave Them In To Die Sweum fan however

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

too bad they couldn't steal Maddon from the Rays. I think he's a perfect guy for the Sox and could be the guy who gets CC back on track.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Apparently Sox players really respected Sveum for his knowledge of the game.  And I do not tend to fault a guy for being agressive as 3B coach.  That certainly does not disqualify someone from being a good manager in my eyes.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I guess I don't have the insight to understand Sveum's apparent high ranking in MLB right now.  It is hard to assess him as a manager when thinking about how bad a 3B coach he was.  people thought Tito was pretty mediocre in Philly and he turned out OK.

I dont understand wasting an interview on Lemont. This team has zero interest in a guy who is so old school he makes Grady Little look like an ipad user. Don't think so.

I dont have a problem with a new face as long as he is capable of being a bit of a hardazz. And following the team philosophy is not being a yes man, its being consistent within the organization.  For an example of the disasters associated with the opposite, see the aforementioned Grady.

I also maintain the Sox job is still one of the most desired in the game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

One of the primary questions I would have for the prospective manager is who are you planning to hire for assistant coaches?

Alomar,Jr. without any head coaching experience and Lovullo with minor league coaching experience would need a solid bench coach and a pitching coach that knows the game. First, third and hitting are important but not as critical.
    By the sound of things the decision may come down to these two 40 something guys.

Good luck to whomever gets the job.

I'm sure Ben and his staff have been working the phones since before Ben was hired talking to and listening to trade maneuvering.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

Who ever takes the job  is going to have to understand their role ..   Front office  brings in the players and you  use them on the field.

Intersting that this morning Madsen has not agreed,  The Phillies also had Cuddyer in,  the Marlin's are meeting with Jose Reyes..

Either a lot is happening and no one is talking..  or the front office is playing November  like the team did September.... Why worry we only need a couple of things to happen to glide in......to the playoffs  or land   50 feet short of the runway.

Sections
Shortcuts