Lance Berkman

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Lance Berkman

I know he missed most of 2012 with an injury, but at the right price, he may be worth the gamble. He hit 31 HRs in 2011 and can play 1B and the OF. Better as a LHB but still hits decent RH. 1 year at 5M? What say you?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Lance Berkman

Don't you have enough moronic threads on the front page already? Or should we start calling you Edith?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I'd roll the dice with Lance.  But, thats what it would be, a roll of the dice on his health/age.  So, the contract with have to be commensurate with that roll.  1 year, 5 million.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Why not, coming of an injury he's still a giant up grade over Loney.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Fat Elvis might be worth it for a year. Not my first option, but the guy proved in 2011, that he could still hit. Could DH, if Ortiz goes to Baltimore or wherever.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Don't you have enough moronic threads on the front page already? Or should we start calling you Edith?

LOL.......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:

I know he missed most of 2012 with an injury, but at the right price, he may be worth the gamble. He hit 31 HRs in 2011 and can play 1B and the OF. Better as a LHB but still hits decent RH. 1 year at 5M? What say you?

Yeah, he'll only be 37 next season...another fine idea by Ike!

Let's bring him in, along with Ichiro, Torii Hunter and Hiroki Kuroda...then we can have an older team than the Yankees. Maybe the can fill some of the coaching openings too since they have plenty of experience.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

No. Ex-Cardinal who participated in the debacle of 2011. Besides, I think hes washed up. I might set aside my predjudices for Kyle Lohse though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

Yeah, he'll only be 37 next season...another fine idea by Ike!

Let's bring him in, along with Ichiro, Torii Hunter and Hiroki Kuroda...then we can have an older team than the Yankees. Maybe the can fill some of the coaching openings too since they have plenty of experience.

Oil Can Boyd available.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

My prediction is Berkman rejoins his hometown Astros as the team's first ever DH.   Or he retires...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to notin's comment:

My prediction is Berkman rejoins his hometown Astros as the team's first ever DH.   Or he retires...

That would be a good prediction...I say No to LB in Boston.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Aliibiike honestly virtually all of your ideas for the team are terrible, nearly all your comments on the team are lacking in reason. Please stop starting threads.... 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to notin's comment:

Good call.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

At least at 37 Hunter had a .310 AVG and a .365 OBP and can still play solid defense...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Yes we need Ortiz, Hunter, and Berkman.... won't that be magnificent! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Boston isnt going to sign a guy who recently went on DL last year!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

Aliibiike honestly virtually all of your ideas for the team are terrible, nearly all your comments on the team are lacking in reason. Please stop starting threads.... 

This from a guy who can't decide whether he's an enchilada or a burrito! Why not make it enchurrito, Taco Bell would be honored I'm sure.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Next is FajitaT

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

Next is FajitaT

That works too!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Ok brainless, who is your choice to play 1B? Instead of criticizing my post, how about offering an alternative. Or at least explain why you think mine is moronic?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

You really don't have a clue on anything baseball. Very sad. My advice would be to find another hobby. Maybe if you played the game just a little it would have helped.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

He wouldn't be my first choice, but I see no problem putting him on the list.  In worst season ever, he still had a .781 OPS.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Ike's idea doesn't deserve some of the scorn and hate I am reading.  I think even Ike would admit that Berkman would not be his top choice to play 1B for 2012.  But if it is a bridge year, Berkman is healthy, and the Sox don't want to lose prospects in a deal (for say, Ike Davis) then signing Berkman on a 3-5 million dollar, 1-year deal may be prudent.

Mark Reynolds is also out there.  He has power, with lots of Ks and little BAve, but he also walks a fair bit.

Loney should not be totally discounted either, IMO.  He is very good defensively, and ought to rebound in the BAve department.  He just has no power.

I think the top target for BC is probably Adam LaRoche.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Please no guys like Berkman at least until all of the younger guys like Gomez and Sands have been given ample opportunity to fail at first base.

The Sox need to get younger and more athletic in the next two seasons, and they already have an aging DH in Ortiz.

Sections
Shortcuts