Larry Bird just walked through that door!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Larry Bird just walked through that door!

Not since Larry Legend has the hub seen a clutch performer like Adrian Gonzalez.
    This guy is bigger than the moment. In Sox terms, he's like 1967 Yaz. His Ichiro inpersonation was like Larry going to the middle with a left handed sky-hook. His wall ball blast to win the game is like Larry's step back three pointer to ice the game. The Manny comparisons are way off, and here's why, Manny seldomly hit walk-off any things, Manny hit just 3 of his 555 as walk-offs, none in the regular season with the Sox. Manny, while very good, was more like McHale. Adrian is the Bird, and Bird is the word.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: Larry Bird just walked through that door!

In Response to Larry Bird just walked through that door!:
    [QUOTE] Not since Larry Legend has the hub seen a clutch performer like Adrian Gonzalez. This guy is bigger than the moment. In Sox terms, he's like 1967 Yaz. His Ichiro inpersonation was like Larry going to the middle with a left handed sky-hook. His wall ball blast to win the game is like Larry's step back three pointer to ice the game. The Manny comparisons are way off, and here's why, Manny seldomly hit walk-off any things, Manny hit just 3 of his 555 as walk-offs, none in the regular season with the Sox. Manny, while very good, was more like McHale. Adrian is the Bird, and Bird is the word. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20[/QUOTE]

Does this make Offerman the fly?  Sealed

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to Re: Larry Bird just walked through that door!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Larry Bird just walked through that door! : Does this make Offerman the fly? 
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]
      LOL. The Offerman post really lit a fire under our boy, didn't it?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

In Response to Larry Bird just walked through that door!:
    [QUOTE] Not since Larry Legend has the hub seen a clutch performer like Adrian Gonzalez. This guy is bigger than the moment. In Sox terms, he's like 1967 Yaz. His Ichiro inpersonation was like Larry going to the middle with a left handed sky-hook. His wall ball blast to win the game is like Larry's step back three pointer to ice the game. The Manny comparisons are way off, and here's why, Manny seldomly hit walk-off any things, Manny hit just 3 of his 555 as walk-offs, none in the regular season with the Sox. Manny, while very good, was more like McHale. Adrian is the Bird, and Bird is the word. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184

I think you forgot somebody, Youk.

A little respect.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Larry Bird just walked through that door! : I think you forgot somebody, Youk. A little respect.
    Posted by losmediasrojas[/QUOTE]

Ortiz is not exactly all-natural, if you know what I mean. Bird-Gonzalez is still closer than Ortiz-Gonzalez, IMO.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Larry Bird just walked through that door! : Does this make Offerman the fly? 
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

I was waiting for an Offerman comment...All in good fun!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Adrian Walk-Offerman!Laughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Larry Bird just walked through that door! : I think you forgot somebody, Youk. A little respect.
    Posted by losmediasrojas[/QUOTE]

David has 3 Walk-offs in the last 5 years, the memories are great, but it's 2011.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Larry Bird just walked through that door! : I was waiting for an Offerman comment...All in good fun!!
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

At this point in his first season, Jose was hitting .345 1 HR 19 RBI, not too shabby,
    CC fans should take notice!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Larry Bird just walked through that door! :  At this point in his first season, Jose was hitting .345 1 HR 19 RBI, not too shabby, CC fans should take notice!

I dont wanna start that train rollin again Youk..But I hear ya with CC

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Larry Bird just walked through that door! : I dont wanna start that train rollin again Youk..But I hear ya with CC
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

Well, with Jose that was as good as it got, meanwhile CC can only go up!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

And lets keep praying that happens sometime soon with him..I really dont like CC in the 8-hole..I might just be picking nits here, but IMO, CC should either be 7th or 9th if hes gonna be at the bottom..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales

posted at 5/2/2011 7:32 AM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=54d52cde3cbac5589c51a1933fde45a1&plckUserId=54d52cde3cbac5589c51a1933fde45a1">
    First: 6/25/2009
    Last: 5/17/2011
    Up to now he's been underwhelming his reputation. He was supposed to spray balls all over Fenway, especially LF. He's the worst cleanup hitter in the ALE, NLE or heck MLB. If he's going to hit like OFFER-MAN, why did they make him such a big Offer, man? His line shows that he's still recovering from surgery, he getting no lift on his hits, and because he makes decent contact he'll get his hits, until he starts showing some pop, don't you think he should be dropped? Here is his Fenway hit chart:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/player/adrian-gonzalez/hitchart/139851

As a four or five hitter he really offers no protection, and should be placed where singles and doubles guys bat.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

ALL RECENT ACTIVITY
    Your-Echo has not posted any comments on the site, or chose to hide them. Check again some time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

"How soon they forget" -- David Ortiz. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Not to take anything away from Adrian, but walk-offs in May = LeBron.  Walk-offs in October = Larry Legend.  Let us reconvene at a later date.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Beat me to it, Space.

Gonzo has been a terrific addition, but comparing him with Larry Legend is WAY premature.

Sections
Shortcuts