Larry Lucchino: Red Sox will remain aggressive at trade deadline

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mr.Bump. Show Mr.Bump's posts

Larry Lucchino: Red Sox will remain aggressive at trade deadline

WEEI:

Red Sox CEO Larry Lucchino, in an interview on MLB Network Radio on SiriusXM, 
    suggested that the Red Sox are approaching this year’s trade deadline “with an aggressiveness that I think is part and parcel of the Red Sox operating philosophy.”

“We’re always looking to get better in July and even in August, when you’ve got an opportunity for waiver-clearing trades,” said Lucchino. “If you look at our track record over the years, you’ll see that virtually every year we have done something. Even last year, what we did was perceived to be relatively insignificant. We obtained [Jarrod] Saltalamacchia. While it didn’t have much impact last year, it’s had a profoundly positive impact this year.”

Lucchino acknowledged that the Red Sox had been engaged with the Mets in talks about outfielder Carlos Beltran before he was dealt to the Giants for pitching prospect Zach Wheeler, suggesting that the club was “kicking the tires with the guy who went to San Francisco.”

He described a broad-based approach by the Red Sox to the trade deadline, with the team exploring everything from right-handed outfielders to starting and relief pitching to bench players who might be able to help win a postseason game as a pinch runner.

“It’s not like a grocery store, unfortunately,” said Lucchino. “You can’t go to the aisle and choose the item you want or need the most. You’ve got to go in with a big shopping cart, willing to go up and down several aisles and see what’s possible.”

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Larry Lucchino: Red Sox will remain aggressive at trade deadline

'It's not like the grocery store, unfortunately"....

...this means we don't get ketchup,Wheat Thins and Raisin Bran?

That's a relief, we need a pitcher!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

The Sox may find Bedard and UJ too expensive.
    Delmon Young or Kubel  and Kevin Slowey may be more affordable.
    I like Pence from the Astros but it may take a King's Ransom.
    It seems there is some sentiment in Seattle re. Lowrie if a deal is made for Bedard.
    The fans in Seattle would like Reddick.
    Perhaps Bedard, Laffey, Jack Wilson and/or Figgins for Lowrie, Doubrount, and Bowden.
    Add Wilson or Weiland if Bedard signs an extension.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ws04ed. Show ws04ed's posts

Wishful thinking
    Bedard is by the way of Smoltz, Gagne, Brad Penny & lets not forget David Wells
    WAY,WAY too much talent to give away for no return.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Larry Lucchino: Red Sox will remain aggressive at trade deadline:
    [QUOTE]WEEI: Red Sox CEO Larry Lucchino , in an interview on MLB Network Radio on SiriusXM,  suggested that the Red Sox are approaching this year’s trade deadline “with an aggressiveness that I think is part and parcel of the Red Sox operating philosophy.” “We’re always looking to get better in July and even in August, when you’ve got an opportunity for waiver-clearing trades,” said Lucchino. “If you look at our track record over the years, you’ll see that virtually every year we have done something. Even last year, what we did was perceived to be relatively insignificant. We obtained [ Jarrod ] Saltalamacchia . While it didn’t have much impact last year, it’s had a profoundly positive impact this year.” Lucchino acknowledged that the Red Sox had been engaged with the Mets in talks about outfielder Carlos Beltran before he was dealt to the Giants for pitching prospect Zach Wheeler , suggesting that the club was “kicking the tires with the guy who went to San Francisco.” He described a broad-based approach by the Red Sox to the trade deadline, with the team exploring everything from right-handed outfielders to starting and relief pitching to bench players who might be able to help win a postseason game as a pinch runner. “It’s not like a grocery store, unfortunately,” said Lucchino. “You can’t go to the aisle and choose the item you want or need the most. You’ve got to go in with a big shopping cart, willing to go up and down several aisles and see what’s possible.”
    Posted by Mr.Bump[/QUOTE] THANKS LARRY, BUT THEO & BILL-806 WILL TAKE CARE OF THE ROSTER.........  YOU CAN BOOK THE NEXT BAND AT THE PAAAAK !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ws04ed. Show ws04ed's posts

Billbyboy thats deep. 
    In fact can you explain it to me.
    I like what Wakefield brings to the table when the rotation is healthy , extra day of rest, linging up the pitching matches against opponents, killing innings out of the pen not too mention a WINNER, ups and down I understand but . But he's a DirtDog. He's won two WS and when all the writers were saying is this your last year?  He Knew his role and still does. Wakefield will be a part of this team until he wants to be. He brings more to the team in one day than Bedard could in a whole season. I know I got off the subject about a last minute trade that might or might not help the red sox. The list of pitchers that started a game for the RS since Wakefield joined the the team is endless , not to mention he is in thishttp://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cmt.com%2Fvideos%2Fkevin-fowler%2F673546%2Fhell-yeah-i-like-beer.jhtml%3Fxrs%3Dplayershare_fb&h=LAQBDYvXy

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ws04ed. Show ws04ed's posts

The foundation on which a championship team is built
     NOT Last minute desperations 
    Oh by the way who saved the pen in gm 3 of 04

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

did I read correctly that kemp has a total of 2 hrs in the month of July?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

I am 70 years old, and have been a diehard REDSOX fan since age 8!  A lot of suffering along the way, but a lot of joy the last 6-7  years!  If I died this year, I would die happy even if the RS did not win the World Series!  I look to the long term, and short term rentals are stupid!We don't have Martinez this year, but we could have had Masterson!  Was the rental of Martinez worth it?  Not in my book!!
    Bedard?  another stupid move to be avoided!  Yes, STUPID!!  aND, OVER THE NEXT FEW YEARS, REDDICK WILL PROVE OUT TO BE BETTER THAN PENCE!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ws04ed. Show ws04ed's posts

Is Reddick the next comming of Fred lynn ?
    Or is he the next
    Brandon Moss
    David Murphey
    Hey lets sign Steve Ontineveros
    Lets do dilligent homework before giving eveything away

14. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts