Lars Anderson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Lars Anderson

While the big stories from today's game are Bard and the injury situations for Gonzalez, Youkilis, and Ortiz, I want to recognize what Lars Anderson contributed today in only 2 innings of work. He possibly saved two runs on separate occasions by making outs at first base on very difficult plays. I attended the game in person and was really impressed by his footwork and positioning. The guy can definitely play major league caliber defense. I think the knock on him has been his paucity of power. He's a poor man's Doug Mientciwicz, which doesn't bode too well for his long-term prospects in Boston.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

Re: Lars Anderson

Once AGon went out Lars played  some decent first base   --  but looked lost at bat.
    Spending more than  2 years at Portland being a .260 hitter in the minors  has taken him from top prospect to lost man in the organization.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Response to Re: Lars Anderson:
    Once AGon went out Lars played  some decent first base   --  but looked lost at bat. Spending more than  2 years at Portland being a .260 hitter in the minors  has taken him from top prospect to lost man in the organization.
    Posted by jackyldo

every time i see "Lars Anderson" I can't help but think of Cloris Leachman's never-seen husband on Mary Tyler Moore Show...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to Re: Lars Anderson : every time i see "Lars Anderson" I can't help but think of Cloris Leachman's never-seen husband on Mary Tyler Moore Show...
    Posted by dannycater

Good one, Cater.  I also think of that annoying Gary Numan song and video. 

http://youtu.be/Ldyx3KHOFXw

I used to sing, "It's Lars" when I greeted a former colleague by said name, which was probably even more annoying than Gary Numan and his overplayed and droning megapop hit.  Perhaps it may catch on as Lars Anderson's entry theme song. 

Here at first base
    With his solid footwork
    Good for September call ups
    It's the only time he plays
    It’s 

LARS!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

Stuck in the organization until he becomes a Rule 5 player.   Once A-Gon was signed it sealed the future of Lars Anderson.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from the--crawful. Show the--crawful's posts

let me get this straight; theo's strong suit is developing a great minor league system. based on what i've seen lately, that particular strength is only equalled
    by his signing free agents.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Stuck in the organization until he becomes a Rule 5 player.   Once A-Gon was signed it sealed the future of Lars Anderson.
    Posted by Diamondtalk

He was headed to Oakland for Harden...Hard to say what the future holds for him...Organizational depth, trade bait or he might just call it a career at some point the kid comes from a pretty well to do family...I'm certain that he's not to worried one way or the other...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m