Last and most important stand

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Last and most important stand

In Response to Re: Last and most important stand:
    [QUOTE]i agree with that assessment, max on most of the American Indians, even the great Olympian Jim Thorpe was about the almighty dollar later in life. He got screwed over by the system to lose his medals for playing organized baseball. It was done because of his race, I'm positive of that. 
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

sitting bull did not sell out - he went with Buffalo Bill because of his friendship with him...he was actually billed at the Wild West show as "The Killer of Custer"...the folks would boo and hiss him and then ask for his autograph...he gave the coins they showered him with to the kids because he had no use for them...he went back to the rez and was an advocate of the Ghost Dance. When the police (Indian) came to disarm his men, a struggle ensued and a man named Red Tomohawk shot him thru the brain...he died on that land fighting and dying for his right to be an Indian (the Dance was supposed to return the buffalo and land to the Sioux)...damn sad

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]Custer wasn't exactly a slouch in two important Civil War battles, especially at Bull Run. Grant wish he had more leaders like Custer in his command. 

Custer was brave but reckless..his Crow Indian scouts told him EXACTLY how many Sioux/Cheyenne there were (2000 to his roughly 200 men)  those poor soldiers didnt stand a chance...over a hundred degrees - in their wool suits, Indians relentless on the attack, in desperation the soldiers shot their horses to barricade themselves but it was over in less than an hour...damn sad as well

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

You're dreamers living in a fantasy world.  Check out the RS performance thus far in game #1 against the Rays!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

[QUOTE]i agree with that assessment, max on most of the American Indians, even the great Olympian Jim Thorpe was about the almighty dollar later in life. He got screwed over by the system to lose his medals for playing organized baseball. It was done because of his race, I'm positive of that. 

Danny, you wouldn't happen to be the real Pumpsie Green? If you are then I want to let you know that I agree that Tom Yawkey treated you unfairly. Tom was a racist and every oldtimer Sox fan knows it.  Say hello to Seabeachfred when you see him. Most Sox fans are not aware of or endorse the bigotry of Tom yawkey and his stadd including Joe Cronin and Pinky Higgins during those years.
    We lost many potential pennants due to Tom Yawkey but none of us are responsible for that bigot's actions.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Last and most important stand:
    [QUOTE]Hey everyone, I admit being very honest about my dissapointed in guys like Lackey, Wake and others this season but regardless who may be offended it's exactly why we are in this position.  I also feel when a team comes down with an injury every day or two to a significant player, there could be issues with our training staff, or lack of work effort by certain players. Lets throw this all away for the next four games and see if we can dominate and finally put Tampa away after allowing them back in the race.  Game #1 Weiland, I'm not sure who gave this kid the credibility to allow him to pitch in the majors but from what I have seen, he really isn't that good sorry.  Game one should be interesting and hopefully our offense is focused. Games #2 and 3 Tampa's offense isn't even in the same class as the Sox, so in my opinion if they can get to our two best pitchers there is no reason we can't do the same and score more. Game #4   I was happy to see Wake win his 200th, but it will take our offense and pen to win this game.  Wake "I love you" but its time to retire after the season.  Just pitch the best you can and hope for a lot of offensive support.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

Our staff makes the Rays look like a great hitting team.  Our hitters make every Tampa pitcher look like Cliff Lee.  Our staff outside of Jon, Clay and Josh all need to be replaced by next season.  Problem is Theo dug his hole much too deep to get out of this one unless our offense saves his butt.  Poor signings, slim to none minor league pitching support, underachieving and more injuries to key players than any team in baseball for two years?  It may be time to look at the entire picture. 

Amazing!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Last and most important stand : This is the time to show everyone in baseball what our team has.  Forget the Tampa pitchers they can all be beat.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

Keep posting these gems.
    Tampa can't hit and hitting is what matters.

Maybe the Yaleman fell asleep in class Baseball 1-0-1

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Our staff makes the Rays look like a great hitting team.  Our hitters make every Tampa pitcher look like Cliff Lee.  Our staff outside of Jon, Clay and Josh all need to be replaced by next season.  

Why? You said it was all about hitting. We tried to tell you it was all about pitching towards the end of the year and you fought that idea hard.

Problem is Theo dug his hole much too deep to get out of this one unless our offense saves his butt.  Poor signings, slim to none minor league pitching support, underachieving and more injuries to key players than any team in baseball for two years?  It may be time to look at the entire picture.

Hard to plan for 4 starters getting hurt, and a few others underperforming. 
    We started the year with so many starters, many were advocating cutting Wake.
    This team was built solid. Some improvement in health can turn us around soon. I still think we only lose 2-3 more games this regular season. (i'm sure you will let me know if I am wrong.)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Last and most important stand : Custer was brave but reckless..his Crow Indian scouts told him EXACTLY how many Sioux/Cheyenne there were (2000 to his roughly 200 men)  those poor soldiers didnt stand a chance...over a hundred degrees - in their wool suits, Indians relentless on the attack, in desperation the soldiers shot their horses to barricade themselves but it was over in less than an hour...damn sad as well
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

his final moments were disastrous, including incredibly splitting up the 7th three ways, but he lived on attacks or the idea of attacking as a surprise to the enemy. He lost a lot of soldiers in the Civll War as well, but in many respects his recklessness and ability to force the issue allowed him to ultimately win on the battlefield. He did alright in the West as well, but when it came time to go on the final mission, he went all Jimy-Joe out there. Maybe he was the one who suffered from heat exposure. He was well-informed, that is true. The scouts did warn him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I think another question worth asking is apparently he asked for cannon support and despite his runner making it to Benteen, for whatever reason (fear?) Benteen refused to send the required artillary to the Little Big Horn. There were some very questionable things going on that day. We'll never really know if Custer realized he was in trouble and tried to at least get back-up. Benteen pulled a JD Drew and lived to fight another day. In retrospect, he did the right thing. His 100 or so troops with ammo/guys would have been annihilated anyway.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Last and most important stand : Danny, you wouldn't happen to be the real Pumpsie Green? If you are then I want to let you know that I agree that Tom Yawkey treated you unfairly. Tom was a racist and every oldtimer Sox fan knows it.  Say hello to Seabeachfred when you see him. Most Sox fans are not aware of or endorse the bigotry of Tom yawkey and his stadd including Joe Cronin and Pinky Higgins during those years. We lost many potential pennants due to Tom Yawkey but none of us are responsible for that bigot's actions.
    Posted by BeaconHill19[/QUOTE]

Not sure what your motives are, but on Jim Thorpe, if he was simply a white guy, he would have been hailed a national hero and never would have been stripped of his medals.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

We need Georom here to fill you in on this history. I was wrong in thinking that he taught shop in the Springfield High School based on how he trolled this forum. My apologies.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Our staff makes the Rays look like a great hitting team.  Our hitters make every Tampa pitcher look like Cliff Lee.  Our staff outside of Jon, Clay and Josh all need to be replaced by next season.   Why? You said it was all about hitting. We tried to tell you it was all about pitching towards the end of the year and you fought that idea hard. Problem is Theo dug his hole much too deep to get out of this one unless our offense saves his butt.  Poor signings, slim to none minor league pitching support, underachieving and more injuries to key players than any team in baseball for two years?  It may be time to look at the entire picture. Hard to plan for 4 starters getting hurt, and a few others underperforming.   We started the year with so many starters, many were advocating cutting Wake. This team was built solid. Some improvement in health can turn us around soon. I still think we only lose 2-3 more games this regular season. (i'm sure you will let me know if I am wrong.)
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah. Count on it. He'll likely start threads about it. And you damn well better appear, or he'll accuse you of erasing the blackboard.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]We need Georom here to fill you in on this history. I was wrong in thinking that he taught shop in the Springfield High School based on how he trolled this forum. My apologies.
    Posted by BeaconHill19[/QUOTE]

you sound like S-Pike

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

They won't sweep but even if they did they would only be tied with us right? Then next week we win two and they lose two and its all for naught on their part. Tampa has to sweep, every game they don't win this series is a bIg deal for the Rays play-off hopes.