LAST CALL, LAST CALL, LAST CALL FOR CHICKEN & BEER.... IT WASN'T THE CHI/BEER, BUT RATHER THE CULTURE...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

LAST CALL, LAST CALL, LAST CALL FOR CHICKEN & BEER.... IT WASN'T THE CHI/BEER, BUT RATHER THE CULTURE...

THAT DESTROYED LAST YEARS TEAM....  RIGHT FROM THE GET-GO IN ST AND INTO THE MONTH OF APRIL... THAT TEAM WAS NOT PREPARED TO PLAY, BOTH BY THE COACHES OR THE PLAYERS THEMSELVES. (NOT ALL)....  NOW THEN, I/WE HAVE HAD A LOT OF FUN THIS WINTER PLAYING THE PART OF OWNERS,GM'S, MANAGERS AS WELL AS TAKING SHOTS AT THE OBVIOUS FAT-CATS ( MULTI MIL PITCHERS) AKA BECKETT, LACKEY, AND ALL THE STARTERS WHO COULD NOT EVEN LAST THE LITTLE LEAGUE 6 INNINGS........ FAST FORWARD TO TODAY & THIS THREAD....  IT'S A NEW DAY, A NEW SEASON, AND A NEW WORLD FOR THE FAT-CATS PLAYING A KIDS GAME......  BOBBY V. HAS MY 100% SUPPORT AS HE STARTS TODAY WITH THE NEED OF CHANGING THE "CULTURE" FIRST. IT IS MY SINCERE HOPE THAT TO PROTECT HIS OWN LEGACY, HE WILL RUN A TIGHT SHIP AND GET THE PLAYERS TO PLAY TO THE MAX OF THEIR CONTRACT AND LET THE CHIPS FALL WHERE THEY MAY !!!!   SO, GET ABOARD GANG & ROOT, ROOT, ROOT FOR THE OLD HOME TEAM.......  HAVE A GANSET, ALL !!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: LAST CALL, LAST CALL, LAST CALL FOR CHICKEN & BEER.... IT WASN'T THE CHI/BEER, BUT RATHER THE CULTURE...

god bless Bobby Valentine!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: LAST CALL, LAST CALL, LAST CALL FOR CHICKEN & BEER.... IT WASN'T THE CHI/BEER, BUT RATHER THE CULTURE...

In Response to Re: LAST CALL, LAST CALL, LAST CALL FOR CHICKEN & BEER.... IT WASN'T THE CHI/BEER, BUT RATHER THE CULTURE...:
    god bless Bobby Valentine!
    Posted by georom4
      AS DAD WOULD SAY....... "SON, REMEMBER ALL THE FUN WE HAD IN 1967 WHEN YOU WERE IN THE NAVY ??  AND  COL. DICK WILLIAMS TRANSFORMED THAT TEAM INTO WHAT WE HAVE TODAY!!  GO BOBBY V. , MAKE US PROUD" !!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

As I have been,  for all of my baseball loving life, all in with the RS.  Good, Bad or indifferent.  I have posted more this winter  than in any previous year because the topics were fun, not just your typical topics falling out of someone's butt.  OK maybe a couple of topics.....and as I have stated prior to this thread, grumbling in ST already means Bobby V has already hit a nerve.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: LAST CALL, LAST CALL, LAST CALL FOR CHICKEN & BEER.... IT WASN'T THE CHI/BEER, BUT RATHER THE CULTURE...:
    In Response to Re: LAST CALL, LAST CALL, LAST CALL FOR CHICKEN & BEER.... IT WASN'T THE CHI/BEER, BUT RATHER THE CULTURE... :   AS DAD WOULD SAY....... "SON, REMEMBER ALL THE FUN WE HAD IN 1967 WHEN YOU WERE IN THE NAVY ??  AND  COL. DICK WILLIAMS TRANSFORMED THAT TEAM INTO WHAT WE HAVE TODAY!!  GO BOBBY V. , MAKE US PROUD" !!!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806
      ASK CARL YAZ, 40 YEARS LATER......  IF HE COULD DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN, WOULD HE HAVE LIKED TO PLAY FOR D W MORE THAN THE YEAR & HALF/ BEFORE HE WAS FIRED ?????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

As I have been,  for all of my baseball loving life, all in with the RS.  Good, Bad or indifferent.  I have posted more this winter  than in any previous year because the topics were fun, not just your typical topics falling out of someone's butt.  OK maybe a couple of topics.....and as I have stated prior to this thread, grumbling in ST already means Bobby V has already hit a nerve.....
    Posted by never1954
    LET THE FUN BEGIN !!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

What changed in June and July? 

Pap had 3 blown saves the entire year, 2 were in September.  Please explain how the culture caused him have 2/3rds of his blown saves in Sept.

Bard had 5 blown saves all year.  3 in September.  Please explain how the culture caused him to have 3/5ths of his blown saves in Sept.?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

dirty...how many innings and games did paps/bard pitch in spetember compared to those other months? why????

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

What changed in June and July?  Pap had 3 blown saves the entire year, 2 were in September.  Please explain how the culture caused him have 2/3rds of his blown saves in Sept. Bard had 5 blown saves all year.  3 in September.  Please explain how the culture caused him to have 3/5ths of his blown saves in Sept.?
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover
    CALL A CAB PLEASE......  LAST YEAR THEY WERE ALL ABOUT 25 CABS AGAIN, SOMETHING WE HAD NOT SEEN IN YEARS AROUND FENWAY PAAAAAK !!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: LAST CALL, LAST CALL, LAST CALL FOR CHICKEN & BEER.... IT WASN'T THE CHI/BEER, BUT RATHER THE CULTURE... : CALL A CAB PLEASE......  LAST YEAR THEY WERE ALL ABOUT 25 CABS AGAIN, SOMETHING WE HAD NOT SEEN IN YEARS AROUND FENWAY PAAAAAK !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

So true Bill.  But, in my experience, nothing brings a group together like adversity.  I feel a change a-comin'.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Pap last year

September 9.2 innings in 8 games 2 svs, 2 blown saves, 3.72 era
    August   11 innings in 11 games, 5 saves, 2 wins, 0.00 era
    July   13 innings in 13 games, 9 saves, 2.77 era
    June 8 innings in 7 games, 5 saves. 6.75 era (he gave up 3 ERs in 0.1 innings)
    May 13.1 innings in 13 games, 5 saves, 2 wins, 1 blown save, 3.38 era
    April 9.1 innings in 9 games, 5 sanes, 1.33 era

They blew it in September simply because as a team they peaked too soon.  They were playing their best ball in June and July after a horrible start.  They got warn out, slacked off in August, and couldn't get back on the horse in September primarily because a lack of starting pitching depth.

In June and July that had a winning percentage of .700.  That's unheard of and that's with a tough schedule.  In order to win at that rate, you have to 4 things.  Good pitching, good fielding, good hitting, and good Luck.  Without good luck, the win at .660.

But the flip side of good luck is bad luck.  In other words, a stretch of Bad Luck is the law of averages catching up to you.  That's what happened in September.

I'm not saying the missed the post season because of Luck.  They missed the playoffs because of a lack of starting pitching.  But the way they missed the playoffs was due in part because of luck and the law of averages catching up.

Pap had a great season.  It ended really poorly for him because he had 2 of his 3 blown saves in September.

Beckett had a great season.  It just looks bad because of September.

If you take half the losses in September and trade them with wins in June/July, they still fail to make the post season.  The only difference is that the real reason they missed the playoffs would have become more evident - a lack of starting pitching.  Actually, if you trade half the losses in September for wins in June/July, I think they make the post season because they would have had momentum in September which would have been good for an extra win or 2.  Baltimore would have wet themselves having to play the Red Sox.

By the way, last year was case in point why you don't go balls to the wall in the middle of the season.  Because you wear the team out.

A lack of starting pitching and no depth hurt them last year.  And the scary thing is that this team is starting the season with less starting pitching than they started last year and they have even less depth.

They don't make the post season this year.  John Henry catches even more flack and he tunes it out all the way to the bank.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

ALL GOOD POINTS, ABOVE !!!!

Sections
Shortcuts