LAST CALL, LAST CALL, LAST CALL for " DAY TO DAY CLAY" tonight ..........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

LAST CALL, LAST CALL, LAST CALL for " DAY TO DAY CLAY" tonight ..........

Our offense will be there, will "STRANGE CLAY" be there  ???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Re: LAST CALL, LAST CALL, LAST CALL for

I don't know if Clay will be there, or not; but how about a "LAST" call for JBJ? I had high hopes 2 weeks ago, but there's a limit. With 137 major league games under his belt, Jackie is hitting a combined .214 with an OBP of .290 (and a K to BB ratio of better that 3-1).

Clay has done it; Jackie has not (hit, that is). That's the difference, because there is no evience that Jackie ever will hit. None at all.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

BIll, not sure how you define offense.  What do you mean, they will be there?  They just put up 4 runs last night…that's three more than anyone expected.

Used their quota for the weekend already. Sitting ducks at the plate. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to soups' comment:

BIll, not sure how you define offense.  What do you mean, they will be there?  They just put up 4 runs last night…that's three more than anyone expected.

J F just needs to not over platoon/manage  and let these guys go out & play baseball....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

J F just needs to not over platoon/manage  and let these guys go out & play baseball....

Take a look at the roster Bill.....he doesn't exactly have that option.  Right now he and the Sox brass are checking out as many players as they can.  I think it's put up or shut out time for these 'kids' and others.  If they can't perform on a team that is figured to lose anyway.....how are they going to perform on a team next year when they are figured to win?  Competition is good....right??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Take a look at the roster Bill.....he doesn't exactly have that option.  Right now he and the Sox brass are checking out as many players as they can.  I think it's put up or shut out time for these 'kids' and others.  If they can't perform on a team that is figured to lose anyway.....how are they going to perform on a team next year when they are figured to win?  Competition is good....right??

Agree/Concur.......  With Victorino out (finally) I can understand that this is the thing to do...... However,  Mookie Betts sure is making things interesting.  Now then, if JBJ could/would start to hit then he could soo up  C F ...... Still think that the 7/31 trades were all good.... Lets see what tonight brings.......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Agree/Concur.......  With Victorino out (finally) I can understand that this is the thing to do...... However,  Mookie Betts sure is making things interesting.  Now then, if JBJ could/would start to hit then he could soo up  C F ...... Still think that the 7/31 trades were all good.... Lets see what tonight brings.......

Agree.  I really think though that JBJ should be given EVERY chance to win the full time CF job....which also means that Betts will not be getting a lot of playing time....which at this stage he needs.  With Craig, Cespedes, JBJ, Betts, Nava and Holt....somebody needs to either be DFA'd or sent down.  The logical answer is Betts since as mentioned, he needs to play regularly at this time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

I know YOU won't be there; YOU'LL be sleeping.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

I know YOU won't be there; YOU'LL be sleeping.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Well, I missed it.......  How did it go on LAST CALL for "STRANGE DAY TO DAY CLAY"  !!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

Well Bill, as you like to say "BINGO DAT".  I think the fat lady has sung for "day to day Clay" as he is looking like the second coming of Daniel Bard.  Maybe a reunion with Theo will help.

As far as JBJ, your guess is as good as anybody's as to how to get him going.  It is too early to give up on him though.  He needs a major light to go on very soon.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to jam789123's comment:

Well Bill, as you like to say "BINGO DAT".  I think the fat lady has sung for "day to day Clay" as he is looking like the second coming of Daniel Bard.  Maybe a reunion with Theo will help.

As far as JBJ, your guess is as good as anybody's as to how to get him going.  It is too early to give up on him though.  He needs a major light to go on very soon.

Agreed.  I think Clay gets 2 more starts.  If that disaster continues he may come down with a 'mysterious injury' and then hit the waiver wire....

As for JBJ....he's had all year and some of last year to prove himself.  His fielding is simply outstanding but he is a mess at the plate...and that's being nice.  I really would love to see Betts get the majority of the starts in CF now.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Well, I missed it.......  How did it go on LAST CALL for "STRANGE DAY TO DAY CLAY"  !!

Funny, no one seemed to miss you. Not one poster asked "where is Bill." Yeah, Bill, the only place you seem to be popular is in your own double-wide.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to jam789123's comment:

This is why you must be very, very , very careful in handing out long term/big $$ contracts to pitchers......  I really think that  CLAY just wants to be sent home with the balance of the BANK and live happily evaa after with the BRIDE !!!!

Sections
Shortcuts