Last chance for the Trio to earn 3 RS WSC Rings?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Last chance for the Trio to earn 3 RS WSC Rings?

Harry Hooper is the only Red Sox player with 4 WSC rings, and he may hold that title for eternity. Not so much that the Red Sox cannot win 4 World Series in a single players career but that FA prevents that from being likely.

So here we have the Trio:  Tim Wakefield, Jason Varitek, and David Ortiz. These players have 2 rings already, and 2011 may be their last shot.  Babe Ruth, Dutch Leonard, and Duffy Lewis are players with 3 rings and that is good company.

It seems unfathomable that more than one of these players will still be here in 2012... but I have been proven wrong on this 2 years running (that all 3 would be here in 2010 or 2011).

........... they could make legendary status with one more ring.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Last chance for the Trio to earn 3 RS WSC Rings?

DOA - this thread.  Cry

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

In Response to Re: Last chance for the Trio to earn 3 RS WSC Rings?:
    [QUOTE]DOA - this thread.  
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

I like this thread, and I think that it will happen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

ROFL!  Very funny sir.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Unfathomable that these players will be here in 2012?

Really? Ortiz?  I cn easily see him bck.

Heck, it was "unfathomable" that Wakefield would be with this team in 2005, and yte here he is 6 years later.   I won't predict he'll be back, but it will hardly surprise me, either....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I said "more than one".... I will bet my Thurmon Munson rookie card that all 3 won't be back, and I would bet a good deal of money that 2 won't be back. Ortiz is the only one who has a good chance to remain.

Either way Ortiz has totally done the unexpected in my opinion and I could not be happier to have been wrong.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I would never bet my left eye on anything. But I'll take your money wager that 2 of the 3 will return next year. You said "a good amount of money". Name UR price.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

How about a self-imposed ban of 14 straight days .... the winner picks the two-week ban.  Cool

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Fair enough. If we are both still alive and posting after this coming winter, UR on!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Agreed!

Go Red Sox!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOX4567. Show SOX4567's posts

Youk has 2 rings

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Saluda. Show Saluda's posts

if they win the WS they all will probably be back

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Youk might win another 5 rings! - good point that I missed him but he isn't in the twighlite of his career.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The---Babe-1. Show --The---Babe-1's posts

[QUOTE]Youk has 2 rings

Posted by SOX4567[/QUOTE]

But the first one was just for show. He had all of 2 at bats that post season and none in the WS.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

That is true but I did not want to mention that ...... hey are you the same Babe with ____------ or the other one with -----_-- ??Laughing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The---Babe-1. Show --The---Babe-1's posts

[QUOTE]That is true but I did not want to mention that ...... hey are you the same Babe with ____------ or the other one with -----_-- ??

Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

I'm the one and only Babe.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aquachuck. Show aquachuck's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Last chance for the Trio to earn 3 RS WSC Rings? : But the first one was just for show. He had all of 2 at bats that post season and none in the WS.
    Posted by --The---Babe-1[/QUOTE]
    and he was much more productive in those 2 at bats that postseason than Arod, Sheffield, & Sierra combined.  I know you're just hatin' on Youk cuz he got a ring in '04, the infamous year of the biggest Choke in baseball.  Geez Babe...even Jeter gave the Sox props that year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The---Babe-1. Show --The---Babe-1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Last chance for the Trio to earn 3 RS WSC Rings? : and he was much more productive in those 2 at bats that postseason than Arod, Sheffield, & Sierra combined.  I know you're just hatin' on Youk cuz he got a ring in '04, the infamous year of the biggest Choke in baseball.  Geez Babe...even Jeter gave the Sox props that year.

Posted by aquachuck[/QUOTE]

Ummm...he was 0-2. And I hate youk because I hate youk, not because he was unproductive in the '04 post season.

And last I checked Sierra batted .333 vs the red flops in the '04 ALCS as did Sheffield.

Think much before you post?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Youk filled in nicely when Billy Muellar knees put him on the shelf.......I look at him as the 26th man on the team that year......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Youk filled in nicely when Billy Muellar knees put him on the shelf.......I look at him as the 26th man on the team that year......
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Agreed Andrew.....but honestly, I didnt see Youk turning into the player he has become, glad i was wrong

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I agree.  I thought he would be a good player I just didn't think he'd have the power that he does.......It took him a few years to develop the pop....

Sections
Shortcuts