Last Day of the Bobby V Era

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

Last Day of the Bobby V Era

What is your favorite Bobby V memory?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from candre99. Show candre99's posts

Re: Last Day of the Bobby V Era

why is ben cherrington getting a free pass.  he made awful trades, bailey, breslow, sweeney, youkilis(stewart and lilabridge ) , mortenson, melancon, are there more i cant remember.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

Not one. Valentine presided over the worst Sox team in recent memory. Granted there may have been some injury issues, but they were totally uncompetitive for most of the season, and after the trades, played like they could care less. Its pretty obvious that Valentine is not the answer, and based on his own words, was undermined by just about everyone associated with the team all year.

Not sure Cherrington is the answer either. He presided over this mess, and  failed to make the team better, outside of sending three underperforming players to LA, and shedding costs.  69-93 says it all.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from heobrien. Show heobrien's posts

[/QUOTE]

i don't know. i don't have access to his memories.

[/QUOTE]

That's really funny.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Cherrington should be shown the door also

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to Leftfielder61's comment:

What will be my favorite Bobby V memory hasn't happened yet, but maybe it will happen today. :-)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to Leftfielder61's comment:

Mine will be when Cherington finally fires him.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to candre99's comment:

why is ben cherrington getting a free pass.  he made awful trades, bailey, breslow, sweeney, youkilis(stewart and lilabridge ) , mortenson, melancon, are there more i cant remember.

Why he should be fired?  Remember Theo became a GM in 2002 at the same time he already have Manny, Damon, Pedro, Lowe, Veritek, etc on the roster before he aquirred Papi, Schilling and Millar.

Also this team barely have talents unlike when Theo took over the GM position at the end of 2002 season.   And this team doesnt even have a good starting pitching staffs.   Dont blame these bullpen staffs.  They are being over-worked this year.   

Remember Boston was barely under the luxury cap at the end of the 2011 season.  Ben C. didnt have much money to spend on.  Instead he just traded players for players to retool the bullpen and bench.   Had Ben C. signed Papelbon, Ben C. would have a harder time to retool the bullpen staffs and bench.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

In response to polar123's comment:

Not one. Valentine presided over the worst Sox team in recent memory. Granted there may have been some injury issues, but they were totally uncompetitive for most of the season, and after the trades, played like they could care less. Its pretty obvious that Valentine is not the answer, and based on his own words, was undermined by just about everyone associated with the team all year.

Not sure Cherrington is the answer either. He presided over this mess, and  failed to make the team better, outside of sending three underperforming players to LA, and shedding costs.  69-93 says it all.

"Granted there MAY have been some injury issues"             Ya think?  Once again, repeat the season exactly as it transpired again except reverse Beckett's and Lester's records. The Sox would have been in contention for the playoffs.  Think about it. With all that happened, with all the mistakes(?) attributed to Bobby, change none of it and just give them a decent performances from their #1 and #2 starters and they're playoff contenders..   I guess Bobby was expected to overcome all these obstacles and make a winner of the Sox. He must have done something right, because by simply reversing those two pitcher's records, Valentine would have had them in contention..  I for one am impressed with Bobby V. and although I don't think it will happen, I'd like to see him retained. It's like he walked into 2004 and almost blew the playoffs like his predecessor did.  He managed well and will be fired. Nonsense.

My favorite memory of him was the day he was named to replaced the previous guy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to BOSOX1941's comment:

"Granted there MAY have been some injury issues"             Ya think?  Once again, repeat the season exactly as it transpired again except reverse Beckett's and Lester's records. The Sox would have been in contention for the playoffs.  Think about it. With all that happened, with all the mistakes(?) attributed to Bobby, change none of it and just give them a decent performances from their #1 and #2 starters and they're playoff contenders..   I guess Bobby was expected to overcome all these obstacles and make a winner of the Sox. He must have done something right, because by simply reversing those two pitcher's records, Valentine would have had them in contention..  I for one am impressed with Bobby V. and although I don't think it will happen, I'd like to see him retained. It's like he walked into 2004 and almost blew the playoffs like his predecessor did.  He managed well and will be fired. Nonsense.

My favorite memory of him was the day he was named to replaced the previous guy.

Give it up...

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from poprox13. Show poprox13's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Obviously you watched a different team than I did this season.  Anyone that is impressed by Bobby V and thinks he managed well has to have an agenda.  Oh wait, there it is, anyone but Tito right?  Tito may have not been a great manager but he was pretty good, much better than Valentine. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

My favorite memory will be the one where he gets fired.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

did you check out youk's season ending numbers?  They weren't all that great.  Cherrington got rid of a lot of dead weight.  At the beggining of the season he could not make many moves without going over the tax. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from markrahobeth. Show markrahobeth's posts

You can't blame Ben and Bobby without blaming the ownership team.  Neither manager nor GM were allowed to chose their personnel. Bobby was not Ben's choice and Bobby could not select his coaching staff.  Granted Ben and Bobby did poorly and Valentine must go, but I see little improvement being made in the current environment no matter who they put in the manager's post.  The front office must take a step back and allow people to do their jobs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

He managed well? Really?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

In response to poprox13's comment:

So you think Terry, Tito is his father, would have done a better job than Bobby this year, and I say you're delusional. So let's agree to disagree.

Obviously you watched a different team than I did this season.  Anyone that is impressed by Bobby V and thinks he managed well has to have an agenda.  Oh wait, there it is, anyone but Tito right?  Tito may have not been a great manager but he was pretty good, much better than Valentine. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Kamdog. Show Kamdog's posts

Nobody could have done a successful job with this years team, few could have done a worse job either.

Best to forget this past year in RSN.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

You have to have made that Youk trade. Mortenson you got for Scuturo. I would still make the Bailey trade today. Melanson has seemingly turned it around with some big outs in his last ten days.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from poprox13. Show poprox13's posts

In response to poprox13's comment:

So you think Terry, Tito is his father, would have done a better job than Bobby this year, and I say you're delusional. So let's agree to disagree.

I for one am impressed with Bobby V. 

He managed well and will be fired. Nonsense.

You wrote this and calling me delusional??  lmao

• You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Actually, the question should be, "why is Lucchino getting a pass"?  If Cherrington and Bobby V were the wrong hires, then that's on Lucchino (not to mention Crawford and Lackey).

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Kamdog's comment:

Nobody could have done a successful job with this years team, few could have done a worse job either.

Best to forget this past year in RSN.

That sums it up nicely.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

It's official.

Bobby V is out.

• Sections
    Shortcuts