Last Night Could Not Have Been good for Softy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Last Night Could Not Have Been good for Softy

I power goes on and off because of Irene here in NJ.  In following the game on the iphone, I saw Ellsbury go yard in a huge spot.  I then saw Tek seal the deal with a bomb after a previous rbi.  What was the Softy spin last night?  Did Ellsbury hit the HR because the pitcher was terrified of facing Pedey? Or is Ellsbury just a pretty good ballplayer now? I can't find the game thread.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: Last Night Could Not Have Been good for Softy

In Response to Last Night Could Not Have Been good for Softy:
    [QUOTE]I power goes on and off because of Irene here in NJ.  In following the game on the iphone, I saw Ellsbury go yard in a huge spot.  I then saw Tek seal the deal with a bomb after a previous rbi.  What was the Softy spin last night?  Did Ellsbury hit the HR because the pitcher was terrified of facing Pedey? Or is Ellsbury just a pretty good ballplayer now? I can't find the game thread.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

Don't you see how Els is swining this year???? Everyone knows that he's not a power hitter.  He is just so damn balanced when he swings.  Timing, Impact, Hitting the right spots..  30-30 for Els this year.  Not sure he will repeat next year homerun wise. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

i don't get it...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Last Night Could Not Have Been good for Softy:
    [QUOTE]I power goes on and off because of Irene here in NJ.  In following the game on the iphone, I saw Ellsbury go yard in a huge spot.  I then saw Tek seal the deal with a bomb after a previous rbi.  What was the Softy spin last night?  Did Ellsbury hit the HR because the pitcher was terrified of facing Pedey? Or is Ellsbury just a pretty good ballplayer now? I can't find the game thread.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]JD, i just bumped it to add my congrats..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: Last Night Could Not Have Been good for Softy:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Last Night Could Not Have Been good for Softy : JD, i just bumped it to add my congrats..
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Jete:
    Boomer and Carton are killing Jeter's first inning bunt saying it was a type of Yankee panic move.  Do you agree?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Last Night Could Not Have Been good for Softy : Jete: Boomer and Carton are killing Jeter's first inning bunt saying it was a type of Yankee panic move.  Do you agree?
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]hey JD, i can't really say, i didn't see the game, Boomer is pretty evenhanded, But Craig Carton hates the Yanks..doesn't necessarily mean he's wrong though...hard to imagine a first inning bunt would impact a game where the other team scored nine runs....Undecided

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Last Night Could Not Have Been good for Softy : hey JD, i can't really say, i didn't see the game, Boomer is pretty evenhanded, But Craig Carton hates the Yanks..doesn't necessarily mean he's wrong though...hard to imagine a first inning bunt would impact a game wher the other team scored nine runs....
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Carton does the "Mets fan for Yankees" thing every year.  I think its more the frustration with his Mets than anything else.  I didn't see the game either because of Irene!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Last Night Could Not Have Been good for Softy : Jete: Boomer and Carton are killing Jeter's first inning bunt saying it was a type of Yankee panic move.  Do you agree?

I didn't like the move, at all jim

but wouldn't call trying to get an early lead

against a stud a panic move

I just never liked it when they sac an out to move

only 1 guy over and it 's a speed guy to boot

in the early innings

drove me nuts when they would bunt ricky over

AJ vs Lester

TG this is baseball and we all know anything can happen

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

jimdavis always looking for trouble.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

RS are only 9-11 (2 to 1) favorites tonight; where's my bookie?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]jimdavis always looking for trouble.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Burrito:
    I read from Softy EVERY DAY how much Ellsbury and Tek SUCK.  So, I want to know what everyone thinks about the fact that the two players he hates beat the Yanks in a big game.  If that is looking for trouble, than I'm looking for trouble.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Nice to see Ellbury first opposite field hr in his career. With Crawford and arbitration it will be nice to see near 30M and Aviles and Jackson in 2012 and this combo v Lee and hamels if it ends up those 2 in 2011 WS.

CERA didnt work well tonight, so with passed ball scored WP, nice to see Varitek working hard for another backup catcher contract. FA Varitek will have to fend off big FA offers for his production as backup catcher 40 years old. I liked, much better, the smart punch and judy cue shot to make Yankees pay for defense set-up. As wooden and pitiful as the old blind hog looked, other players should learn to employ this approach more often.

Last night was quite good for Ortiz, which had to be overlooked with those pretending that Bellsbury is now better than Ortiz, this year. No Red Sox fan mania of desperation to sign Ortiz, but pleading to make a deal with Boras and Bellsbury. 

Note: AGon is the MVP, by far, no offense to Ortiz. Ellsbury is nothing more than hype for MVP, for a player that has less than 50 hR in his entire career and never more than 9 in a season before Agon. One opposite field homer in career isnt a sign of things to come, its a sign that career averages and quality of batters around is not value or team balance production worth paying Crawford 20M and Ellburys 2 years of overpaid arbitration.

Popularity always brings out the vitriol if a popular player is criticisized, which is why Ortiz has always been fair game and is disrespected. Popularity is not based upon productivity and numbers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from coachzap. Show coachzap's posts

If you knew anything about baseball you would have known 2 years ago Ellsbury was goin to bust out. Remember me? CZap. Smacked you around 2 years ago and looks like you need some more. Fool, you're excuses are idiotic but the whole world knows how good Ells is. Quit comparing him to other centerfielders and start putting his name with the top talent in baseball. I like the idea of him and Crawford both in the outfield for years to come. Agon is benefiting from Ells just as much. He knows hell fool the whole team knows. Wake up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Popularity always brings out the vitriol if a popular player is criticisized, which is why Ortiz has always been fair game and is disrespected. Popularity is not based upon productivity and numbers

Ortiz has always been popular and loved. Red Sox fans always get on players who don't produce, even for the short term. Alan Embry was booed when he struggled. That's the fickle nature of the Fenway "faithful".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]Nice to see Ellbury first opposite field hr in his career. With Crawford and arbitration it will be nice to see near 30M and Aviles and Jackson in 2012 and this combo v Lee and hamels if it ends up those 2 in 2011 WS. CERA didnt work well tonight, so with passed ball scored WP, nice to see Varitek working hard for another backup catcher contract. FA Varitek will have to fend off big FA offers for his production as backup catcher 40 years old. I liked, much better, the smart punch and judy cue shot to make Yankees pay for defense set-up. As wooden and pitiful as the old blind hog looked, other players should learn to employ this approach more often. Last night was quite good for Ortiz, which had to be overlooked with those pretending that Bellsbury is now better than Ortiz, this year. No Red Sox fan mania of desperation to sign Ortiz, but pleading to make a deal with Boras and Bellsbury.  Note: AGon is the MVP, by far, no offense to Ortiz. Ellsbury is nothing more than hype for MVP, for a player that has less than 50 hR in his entire career and never more than 9 in a season before Agon. One opposite field homer in career isnt a sign of things to come, its a sign that career averages and quality of batters around is not value or team balance production worth paying Crawford 20M and Ellburys 2 years of overpaid arbitration. Popularity always brings out the vitriol if a popular player is criticisized, which is why Ortiz has always been fair game and is disrespected. Popularity is not based upon productivity and numbers.
    Posted by S0ftl@w[/QUOTE]

Blah Blah Blah

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

First it was what have you done for me lately.
    Then it was what have you done over your career.
    Then it was you won't achieve this level next year.
    Now it's you won't achieve this level long term.

goal posts are getting heavy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpikeCunn5. Show SpikeCunn5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Last Night Could Not Have Been good for Softy : Blah Blah Blah

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/statsdriven/2011/09/whos_more_valuable_ellsbury_or.html

Jim this is for Softy Just loved your answer

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Leave Softy alone. he is my new BFF.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I don't see it as Sox players competing against each other for the MVP or anything else. Rather , as a team pulling together for a common goal.  Each one contributing something to the effort.  In that sense , each one is helping the others.  Sounds kind of corny , but that is really what it is about.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I'm starting to lean toward Ellsbury for MVP.  Fangraphs has only Bautista valued at a higher WAR, and Granderson has struck out nearly twice as many times.  You have to consider that many of those K's were with men on base and less than two out, and given neither player is likely to ground into a DP, swinging for the fences likely hurt his team, even if it isn't qualified by any stat.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Agon is benefiting from Ells just as much. He knows

YOu are truly dimwitted. How did Agon do it in San Diego, witout Els. Put Ells in San Diego and start the laughter.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Laughter is 43% fat city fraudulent posts.
    Laughter is trying to depict Jake's OPS vs. lefties...when it surpasses that of AGONE.
    Laughter is not owning up to an admission - as in Jake's skill-set/ability to make adjustments.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Laughter is claiming DiceK on DL in 2007. Laughter is in looking in a vacuum and not being able to distinguish between pre-agon and career averages. Laughter is not looking at the 45M spent on 2011 OF and comparing one lefty OPS v. another lefty OPS v LP. Laughter is not knowing that a massive budget for 2011 that has all nearly all left feet is pure idiocy.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Laughter is Conner Jackson and Mike Aviles for Rh bat OF duty.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

Laughter is claiming reverse pivot is why ells can't hit.

Sections
Shortcuts