Last night we saw the FUTURE, Iggy & Lavarnway are here to stay !!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Last night we saw the FUTURE, Iggy & Lavarnway are here to stay !!!!!

What ever happens with the rebuilding efforts going forward, the $ox know that these kids are going to be "PLAYERS" !!!!   What say you !!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Last night we saw the FUTURE, Iggy & Lavarnway are here to stay !!!!!

Thanks Bobby V. for staying with them.......   Looking better & better every game !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What ever happens with the rebuilding efforts going forward, the $ox know that these kids are going to be "PLAYERS" !!!!   What say you !!!!

[/QUOTE]

Lavarnway:

BA .177   OBP .240   SLG .292

Iglesias:

BA .128  OBP  .261  SLG  .231

I'm giddy with excitement for the future...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from poprox13. Show poprox13's posts

You seriously have no clue do you?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to poprox13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You seriously have no clue do you?

[/QUOTE]SEE..... I told you sooooo.......  Look what Trotter/Softy posted !!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Boston isnt going to gamble on starting Iggy, Middlebrook, Larvanway, Ciarico and Kalish all in the same time next season.

Few of them would be trade during off season while couple of them could be a starter which that would be more likely be Middlebrook and Ciarico.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

It was nice to see the young guys have a good gm. I'm wondering why Kalish isn't playing every gm.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Funny how we don't hear softy tooting Kalish's horn anymore.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

It just seems silly to keep putting Nava out there instead of Kalish if you consider him a part of the teams future.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Kalish, unless he is hurt, just is not that good....  He was a "hype" in Theo's world !!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Maybe so Bill but I'd still like to see what he can do, he's 24. Nava has no future w/ the Sox at all.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Well, from broken wrist to injured shoulder to neck surgery is effecting him lately.  I do not think he is able to play 100% for every single game.

Give him one more year as a 4th OF, and if he cant improve, better trade him before Boston regret on keeping him too long!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Kalish, unless he is hurt, just is not that good....  He was a "hype" in Theo's world !!

Go back and look at Kalish's last healthy season in the minors - very similar to Jackie Bradley's year, and at the same age.  I still think he has a bright future. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

I keep hoping Lavarnway starts hitting, and does so for the rest of the season.

I just can't see a team with the makeup of the Sox, going with an automatic out, like Inglesias.

One game doesn't make a season, and there's little to indicate he'll ever hit.

As for Kalish, Valentine said he's being careful playing him, so as not to strain his shoulder.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

i woudl say that both iglesias and lavarnway should be starters, its obvious salty has fallen out of favor. why? because he stinks defensively and is a poor hitter. yes he can hit for power but for the most part looks lost at the plate and constantly chases bad pitches. as for iglesias, his defense has been as advertised and thats what we need at short. if he hits 9th and plays gold glove defense i would take that any day of the week. we dont need to expect a huge offensive output from our number 9 hitter. his defense will save hits and runs. and i think he is going to be a better hitter than most people seem to expect.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to stan17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It was nice to see the young guys have a good gm. I'm wondering why Kalish isn't playing every gm.

[/QUOTE]

I think that's a mistake on our part.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Iglesias and Lavarnway represent the future. They should both be in the lineup every day at this point. Ciriaco may or may not be part of the future, but he should get every opportunity. Kalish should also get a full shot.  Gomez as well.  Guys like Nava , Loney , Podsednik and Aviles are not part of the future.  The same goes for the pitching.  Guys like DiceK and Cook should no longer be starting.  Out with the old , in with the new.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Iglesias and Lavarnway represent the future. They should both be in the lineup every day at this point. Ciriaco may or may not be part of the future, but he should get every opportunity. Kalish should also get a full shot.  Gomez as well.  Guys like Nava , Loney , Podsednik and Aviles are not part of the future.  The same goes for the pitching.  Guys like DiceK and Cook should no longer be starting.  Out with the old , in with the new.

[/QUOTE]

Good point on Gomez.  Wasn't a fan of his, but he's done well.  Outside of Kalish's shoulder, as someone else mentioned, is there any downside to playing Lavarnway, Ciriaco, Iglesias, and Kalish every day?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good point on Gomez.  Wasn't a fan of his, but he's done well.  Outside of Kalish's shoulder, as someone else mentioned, is there any downside to playing Lavarnway, Ciriaco, Iglesias, and Kalish every day?

[/QUOTE]

I can't see any downside to it.  Everything to gain, nothing to lose.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to slomag's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Go back and look at Kalish's last healthy season in the minors - very similar to Jackie Bradley's year, and at the same age.  I still think he has a bright future. 

Good point Slomag---and it points out clearly why the Red Sox front office is almost like a fifth column working against the team it leads.  In 2010 Kalish was called up mid season and performed very well, both in the field where he played a solid center field and at the plate where he proved to be a decent clutch hitter with some surprising power---so what did the Red Sox do in ST in 2011?  They sent him down to the minors for "more seasoning" even though they knew that J.D. Drew was not going to be able to stay in one piece for a whole season and was one hangnail away from a long trip to the DL, which is where he spent most of the season.  Down at Pawtucket Kalish got injured and it ruined his season and interfered with his progress this season.  I wonder if he had stayed in Boston whether he would have stayed healthy to help our team.  A similar debacle ensued earllier when Ellsbury got hurt playing left field where he was transferred by Epstein with flunky manager FrancoMa's connivance in order to "save his legs", one of the dumbest and most ridiculous utterances ever mouthed a GM of any team.  We know that the real reason was to give cover to their ridiculous signing of overage Mike Cameron, who if he had played left field would have been compared to Jason Bay who hat hit 36 homers, drove in 119 runs and wasn't resigned in favor of the qickly deteriorating Cameron.

Sometimes when I think of the Red Sox ownership and front office, I'm reminded of the old saying..."WE HAVE MET THE ENEMY AND HE IS US".  That's our front office.

[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I'd rather see de Jesus play than Ciriaco - he's 2 years younger and has a 71 point OBP advantage in the minors.  And I'd rather see Kalish & Brentz than Nava and Podsednik.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bill will  never look anything up or engage in a conversation because he is clueless.  He's long since made up his mind on everything - based on nonsense - and he's sticking to it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bill will  never look anything up or engage in a conversation because he is clueless.  He's long since made up his mind on everything - based on nonsense - and he's sticking to it.

[/QUOTE]Wrong again.........  Maybe my thoughts are based on a strong understanding of the game of Baseball !!

Sections
Shortcuts