Last night's anomaly (or was it?)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Last night's anomaly (or was it?)

The Sox got 4 hits total, 3 against the Twins lefty starter, Diamond.  The 4th hit was Salty's dinger, batting left against the righty reliever in the 9th inning. 

The Sox had six righties--Victorino, Pedroia, Napoli, Gomes, Middelbrooks, and Ross--in the lineup, but none of them got a hit off lefty Diamond.  Instead, Ellsbury, Ortiz, and Drew--the three lefties in the lineup--each got one hit. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Last night's anomaly (or was it?)

On another note, while last night's game was frustrating, afterward I found it easier to be philosphical because the Sox made those errors on a night when the hitting was not going to get us back into the game.  Dempster meanwhile looked pretty good to me.  Breslow, not so much and a concern. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

B I N G O   !!!!  4 hits ???   Please, small ball before Papi actually provided more offense.......  Ya sEE,  Papi comes back &  J F stops running ????  So, as we play long ball, the pitcher & defense has the advantage !!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

B I N G O   !!!!  4 hits ???   Please, small ball before Papi actually provided more offense.......  Ya sEE,  Papi comes back &  J F stops running ????  So, as we play long ball, the pitcher & defense has the advantage !!!

Actually they have not stopped running since papi's return.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

I think I need a Rosetta Stone to decipher whatever the heck I just read.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Here's the real anomaly:

Red Sox have .834 OPS vs. RHP, .685 vs. LHP

It was expected that we'd do better against LHP.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I wonder what our LHH splits are...It seems they can all hit LHP alsmost as good, if not as good, as RHP.

FWIW, Diamond shut down the tigers lineup his start before Boston last night. hes been very good lately. Also, it seems this team has issues against soft tossing LHP for some reason.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Here's the real anomaly:

Red Sox have .834 OPS vs. RHP, .685 vs. LHP

It was expected that we'd do better against LHP.

Excellent point.  I had no idea the splits were that far apart.  So last night really wasn't an anomaly, but rather a reflection of the season to date. 

Sections
Shortcuts