last nites surprise gift!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

last nites surprise gift!

I was quite surprised that granderson got himself caught off of 1st base to end the game and give the halo's the win last night. you can best believe that there is some serious baserunning practice today down in the bronx. also I couldn't believe that ex yankee bobby abraeu (sp) hit two dingers outta the park against his old team. yanks gotta be realing a bit losing 4 straight and it ain't gonna get any easier cause these halo's are playing some good ball.
    maybe we can gain a little distance this week from our friends from NY. However, I am not gloating here gang. we all know that the NYY's are a very capable team and can bounce back in a heart beat.

what say you guys!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Re: last nites surprise gift!

Mornin, Hammah,

I can't see him going with two outs. There is no double play to worry about avoiding. Sure, it's easier to score from second but not worth the risk.

Good to see Mo showing his mortality, blew a save against us and two days later gets a loss. The yanks didn't play Monday so that's a blown save and a loss in his last two appearances.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Yeah, I was watching as it unfolded ... Kept yelling at Walden to ignore him and just get Teixeira. And damned if he didn't get him. I understand wanting to get in scoring position, but completely took the bat out of Tex's hands. Which I naturally applaud.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: last nites surprise gift!:
    Mornin, Hammah, I can't see him going with two outs. There is no double play to worry about avoiding. Sure, it's easier to score from second but not worth the risk. Good to see Mo showing his mortality, blew a save against us and two days later gets a loss. The yanks didn't play Monday so that's a blown save and a loss in his last two appearances.
    Posted by MikeNagy
    hey stranger!!...what's doin?..yeah, Mo's got a rough stretch going right now, but you know him, he definitely won't run from it....nice to see you back..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Grandy was going on first move, took off too soon...i understand the thinking, but just a bad time to try, while we'll  now never know what Tex's AB would have produced, gotta give him the shot..Walden was pretty much around the plate the whole inning...it's possible Tex could have gotten sometime hittable..bottom line..Yanks didn't get it done...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

posted at 8/10/2011 10:34 AM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=5895f12c26dabc36bb0cb9a667b164bf&plckUserId=5895f12c26dabc36bb0cb9a667b164bf">
    First: 5/30/2008
    Last: 8/10/2011

Mornin, Hammah,

I can't see him going with two outs. There is no double play to worry about avoiding. Sure, it's easier to score from second but not worth the risk.

Good to see Mo showing his mortality, blew a save against us and two days later gets a loss. The yanks didn't play Monday so that's a blown save and a loss in his last two appearances.

G'morning to you too Mike! glad to see you back. I know this will sound way premature but are we possibly seeing a passing of the torch as far as closers are concerned? Mo is definately showing his mortality where as paps has been totally dominating as of late. and Jetes, don't get me wrong pal. I'm just saying that could father time finally be catching up to the greatest closer of all time?

you guys definately have your hands full with these angels this series.

again, glad to see you around Mike.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to last nites surprise gift!:
    I was quite surprised that granderson got himself caught off of 1st base to end the game and give the halo's the win last night. you can best believe that there is some serious baserunning practice today down in the bronx. also I couldn't believe that ex yankee bobby abraeu (sp) hit two dingers outta the park against his old team. yanks gotta be realing a bit losing 4 straight and it ain't gonna get any easier cause these halo's are playing some good ball. maybe we can gain a little distance this week from our friends from NY. However, I am not gloating here gang. we all know that the NYY's are a very capable team and can bounce back in a heart beat. what say you guys!
    Posted by Hammah29r2

They lost 3 straight.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Michael Kay , on the YES mike , called it " inexcusable."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

opps! my mistake steve. however, I'm not discounting your boys one iota. this is a roller coaster season and the ride is far from over.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

I wouldnt get too excite about the Yankees's loss last nite.  There are alot of games to be play.  Since I looked at the last 50 or under games left schedule between Yankees and Red Sox at the same time the Yankees can beat anyone except the Red Sox, the Yankees may have a bit easier schedule than Boston. Boston just now have to focus on winning the games instead looking up on the scoreboard to see how the Yankees are doing.

Now they are up 2-0 against the Twins, keep going guys!!!  Red Sox are now on one of the longest road trip of the season.  Including last two games, they on the road trip for 14 games out of 17 games.  

Playing in Seattle this weekend, then home against Tampa, then playing in Kansas City and in Texas in next two weeks is going to be a big stressful time for us to watch.  I just think that Boston's schedule is one of the worst I have ever seen.  How often you see Boston playing 9 straight road games against NL city teams, and then this week and next week Boston goes to Seattle this weekend, and then fly back to Boston to play Tampa.  Then goes to Kansas City before heading to Texas.  What kind of schedule is that!!  That is a huge wear and tear on the team!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to last nites surprise gift!:
    I was quite surprised that granderson got himself caught off of 1st base to end the game and give the halo's the win last night. you can best believe that there is some serious baserunning practice today down in the bronx. also I couldn't believe that ex yankee bobby abraeu (sp) hit two dingers outta the park against his old team. yanks gotta be realing a bit losing 4 straight and it ain't gonna get any easier cause these halo's are playing some good ball. maybe we can gain a little distance this week from our friends from NY. However, I am not gloating here gang. we all know that the NYY's are a very capable team and can bounce back in a heart beat. what say you guys!
    Posted by Hammah29r2

Ever get that goofy little tickle that makes you laugh in site of yourself?

That happened to me when I saw the play.  I thought I was ready for it, seeing it on the runner on the bottom of the TV ... but Grandy getting caught ... amazing what the pitcher did - TWICE!  It looked so grade school, but he got his man!

Hey, not only did Abreu get them, but when they were playing Oakland, Matsui got 'em, too! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

The other surprise gift last night was Darnell running into that curve ball...

That was big.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

It was a baserunning blunder.  Crawford had one too, though not remotely as critical.  If someone is going to steal in that situation, they better be 99% sure they can do it.  Obviously Granderson was 'guessing' with the first move, the completely wrong thing to be doing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

In Response to Re: last nites surprise gift! : hey stranger!!...what's doin?..yeah, Mo's got a rough stretch going right now, but you know him, he definitely won't run from it....nice to see you back..
    Posted by jete02fan

Hey Jete,

Just taking a little breather from the madness.

I'm not ready to pronounce this the start of Mo's decline yet, but he isn't quite looking his invincible self this year.

He's probably the best closer there ever was, but he is 41 years old. Amazing he has done it this long. I hear he's been a great influence on Robertson, who has really been getting it done for you guys.

I saw him showing Kazmir and Halladay how to throw the cutter at an All Star game a few years back. Didn't think that was a very good idea.

He should end up as a pitching coach somewhere.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

Michael Kay , on the YES mike , called it " inexcusable."
    Posted by dgalehouse

michael kay is 'inexcusable' along with the other two slobs--paul o'neill and ken singleton.
    be thankful red sox fans have jerry and don.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

The question I have is, was he running on his own or did the call come from the bench? Becasue given the situation down by two, with two outs, runners on 1st & 3rd with a Texiera at the plate who could've won it with one swing or if he finds a gap Granderson gonna score from 1st to tie the game anyways, which makes him getting picked off even more aggregious.

bottoem line is either Granderson is writing a check as we speak to the kangaroo court or Girardi's got some splanin to do...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Yeah, I was watching as it unfolded ... Kept yelling at Walden to ignore him and just get Teixeira. And damned if he didn't get him. I understand wanting to get in scoring position, but completely took the bat out of Tex's hands. Which I naturally applaud.
    Posted by LloydDobler

Lloyd, I was watching on My 9 in NYC.  I was doing the same thing you were...yelling at the pitcher to focus on Tex.  I was positive a 3 run bomb was coming.  It was beautiful!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

you know fellahs we gotta take em when we can from these pinstripers. their mistakes are far and few between. especially where mo is concerned. and although I am smiling today, we could experience the same snafu ourselves so no snickering from me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Mo gave up a 2-run blast to Rico.  Yanks deserved to lose whether Granderson got  piciked off or not.  Personally, I believe the .243 hitting Texiera would have gone 0-5 instead of 0-4.  He doesn't have the bat speed to handle a 98
     mph heater. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

I saw the play as it unfolded on YES.

Good grief. The surprise is that Granderson is a better baserunner than that.

Betcha it never happens again.

Gotta love baseball because it is the most human of games.  Case in point last night with Granderson. He will  live with that for the rest of his life.

Like Buckner.  Wouldn't wish that on my best enemy...

Sections
Shortcuts