Last two games: 14 IP 10 Hits 1 ER - for the "BUST"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Last two games: 14 IP 10 Hits 1 ER - for the "BUST"

In Response to Re: Last two games: 14 IP 10 Hits 1 ER - for the "BUST":
    [QUOTE]Let's hope Josh can right the ship tomorrow. I wonder why Cam didn't play tonight vs. the lefty.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

May have been because Britton had reverse splits so far, lefties had better numbers against him.    

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Yeah, I saw that, but it's a pretty small sample size.
    Cam is an overpaid 4th outfielder who should be starting vs. the lefties.

That play by Pedey tonight was almost worth the price of admission.
    The O's are vastly different than the pushover we've been used to seeing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Health and durability is part of the package. To pretend that is takes Beckett into CC or Halladay or Felix true ace mode is a total joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beckett was fat in 2010, which wasn't healthy.

That's why you missed the boat on Lowrie.

Harness, when Lowrie rides the boat for a full season we'll see who "missed the boat". Lowrie's a thin glass house who will soon find out what it's like not to have an extra gear once opponents adjust to his gigantic swing. Lowrie's tired days are part of what Lowrie is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Ellsbury was an example of what changes from the wear and tear of a full season and being under the radar. There was nothing about his game that said big time career performer. Yet, in 2007 and spring 2008, and to this day, people continue to talk about how great he's going to be.

According to Peter Abraham, Lowrie is "an emerging start".

Peter, emerging stars don't play a couple of months and need regular tired days off. Emerging starts don't have the SS range of Boog Powell. Emerging stars don't have v. RHP career stats like Lowrie has. He was hurt.................bla, bla, bla. Yes, that's part of the package, he's never been through a season without being hurt or tired. What Tito should do is have Lowrie play the reast of the season at SS, and give him only 6 or 7 games off. He'll break down like the pretzel he is.

Some people simply don't have a clue on what makes a good defensive outfielder, what makes a star player.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTELowrie's a thin glass house who will soon find out what it's like not to have an extra gear once opponents adjust to his gigantic swing.
    Posted by BaseballGM[/QUOTE]Isn't that what everyone was saying about Pedey?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I'm not saying Beckett would demand CC money. I am saying he would have been worth more than Lackey or Burnett. His FA worth lies somewhere in between 17-23 mil. a year. NY would have gladly paid that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

There are very few pitchers who hve not had a few "down years". Fewer still who have the playoff record of Josh.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not saying Beckett would demand CC money. I am saying he would have been worth more than Lackey or Burnett. His FA worth lies somewhere in between 17-23 mil. a year. NY would have gladly paid that.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

It's all hypotheticals now, but IF Beckett had declined an extension to go to free agency and IF he had then had a season similar to 2009, I think he would have easily been able to get a contract with a total value of at least $100 million.  He would have been the consolation prize in the Lee auction for the Yankees or the Rangers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Pedroia doesn't have a gigantic length swing. Take a look.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Neither does Lowrie. Take a look.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Yes he does, take a look where the bat starts and ends. No way this guy ends up a career star slugger or BA guy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Extension doesn't necessarily equate to poor mechanics. It's what allows hitters to hit with more power while trying to minimize the compromising of plate coverage.
    Lowrie hits mistakes with regularity and authority. He has the ability to hit good pitches as well as most of his counterparts.

Beyond that, just look at his production. He's been the leading hitter in April. That doesn't come from poor hitting approach. Listen/read  what those in his own baseball circles have to say. The guy can flat-out hit. You foolishly judged him playing with a bad wrist.

Never judge a player who is playing hurt. Never.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

It has nothing to do with extension. It has everything to do with the length of the swing. I could care less what others are saying, anymore than I cared what they said about Ellsbury defending CF. Lowrie is under the opponents and expecation radar, and has never finished a full year as an everyday MLB player in his life.

Never ever ignore stamina and endurance and durability when evaluating short snipets and early young player flashes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I don't ignore stamina or endurance. Not ever. I also pay close attention to a player's health.

Buchholz also never completed a full M.L. season before last year.
    He did O.K. The learning process doesn't end with lack of playing time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

Lackey's a great pitcher he will win this years CY Young award. Also Carl Crawford will win the American league MVP. AGON will knock in 100 runs, mostly in games that the result is obvious. His game winning hits will be the toast of beantown. Theo will be the executive of the year.

However , one small problem, the Sox will not make the playoffs. They do not have a balanced lineup. at least at this point of the season. They are getting no offence behind the plate, they are getting no offence from Left Field. That's where Williams, Yaz, and Rice use to play. Now they have the $142 million dollar joke Crawford, the good news, is they only have Crawford for seven more years. Longer than they will have Theo.  They will win a lot of ballgames the pitching is there. But this left handed dominated line up is ridiculous. They could have signed Konerko, Vlad, Russell Martin all right handed power hitters. But no they signed AGON and CC for huge dollars on long term deals both lefties, when they already had Ellsbury and Ortiz and Drew . Dumb.

I hope it works out but the logic behind these signings, mystifies this man

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Will ...

Shucks, you were doing so well!

And then you derailed.

Your points are well made and I respect you and your opinion.  This isn't hunting dingoes time, so I'm not coming after you.  :oD

I beg to differ, though.  Playoffs are solidly ahead.  This season, even.

But I did  enjoy your conversation about Yaz, Jim and the rest ... said in a way that brings back good memories.

I don't think you'll be upset if I'm right and you aren't.

Sections
Shortcuts